RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Talking Newbie Palazzo 36.1 owner as of today!!!!!

Got a great deal from Leo's in Gambrills MD. Traded my 5ther in for this monster and man I'm so happy. We are only 48 so we hope to have MANY years of fun before we turn in to scooter pilots! We will have lots of questions for y'all! Expect one a day for a while!

First questions

1. Do I have a 95 gallon fresh tank? Looks like my production date from Thor is 22 Oct 2012, chassis is August 2012.

2. Can someone please give me plain english directions on setting up the AGS?

Pictures tomorrow!

Al and Lisa Bruner
Virginia

Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome!

You should have a 95 gallon fresh water tank. I'm not certain of the date that Thor made the change but I'm positive it was prior to the build date for your MH.

There are some good pointers on the AGS in another thread. I can't locate it right now and I have to leave. When I get back I'll look again.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #4

congrats.... post up some pics of that beauty!
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Al - I couldn't find that thread that had info on the AGS. Maybe someone else knows where it is.

Looking forward to see pics of your new rig.

Gary
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #6

here, check this out.

Page 28,

http://www.magnumenergy.com/Literatu...20ME-AGS-N.pdf
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ok....I promise to get pics tomorrow. Today got away. Thanks for the ags info.

Al
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #8

Newbie 36.1

Congrats on your new unit. I to will be the proud new owner of a Palazzo 36.1 in the very near future. I have one on order and it is susposed to hit the dealership by the beginning of May. Have you made any trips with your new unit yet? do you pull anything? And what kind of mileage are you getting? I plan on pulling a 21.5 ft Malibu VLX, approx. 4500 lbs. Oh ya, and loading it up with enough "stuff" for my wife and 2 daughters. I drove a 33.3 with bunks, and I thought it had enough power, but the 36.1 is a bit bigger. Congrats again, and get some pics up of your new ride. Happy R.V.ing!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #9

Congrats on your new Palazzo and welcome to the Palazzo family and iRV2! Advice is free however good advice may cost a little more :-)
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himrkman View Post
Congrats on your new unit. I to will be the proud new owner of a Palazzo 36.1 in the very near future. I have one on order and it is susposed to hit the dealership by the beginning of May. Have you made any trips with your new unit yet? do you pull anything? And what kind of mileage are you getting? I plan on pulling a 21.5 ft Malibu VLX, approx. 4500 lbs. Oh ya, and loading it up with enough "stuff" for my wife and 2 daughters. I drove a 33.3 with bunks, and I thought it had enough power, but the 36.1 is a bit bigger. Congrats again, and get some pics up of your new ride. Happy R.V.ing!
@Himrkman. I have wife and 4 daughters, ages 19-12 plus lab and cat. I had enough room. As far as power is concerned, I'm new to the class A world so I'm not sure what "right" power feels like. Most def less than my F-250 powerstroke but hey, MUCH bigger vehicle and essentially same engine. There is a huge diff between the 33.3 and 36.1 in terms of space. I do like the bunks though. I did not pull anything but plan on it. Sorry y'all about pics. I just need to get that done. so busy with the purchase, maiden voyage, etc. Total success...minor things to fix. Biggest: one storage bin has a sprung hatch, cabinets in coach are loose, shock bracket above door is lose (hinges), and the the drain on washer was not connected to the gray (I fixed that).
Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #11

Just came back from a test drive in the 36.1. My dealer just got one on the lot. It drives much the same as the 33.2, ride is better due to the longer wheelbase. Power seems to be close to the 33.2. The biggest thing I noticed was the extra storage, "WOW" its almost double compared to the 33.2. The dealer spoke to the factory while I was sitting in his office, and mine is getting close. Cant wait to take delivery of this unit.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruner View Post
Got a great deal from Leo's in Gambrills MD. Traded my 5ther in for this monster and man I'm so happy. We are only 48 so we hope to have MANY years of fun before we turn in to scooter pilots! We will have lots of questions for y'all! Expect one a day for a while!

First questions

1. Do I have a 95 gallon fresh tank? Looks like my production date from Thor is 22 Oct 2012, chassis is August 2012.

2. Can someone please give me plain english directions on setting up the AGS?

Pictures tomorrow!

Al and Lisa Bruner
Virginia
Have a few questions regarding the 36.1

1. How many seatbelts?
2. Does the dinette turn into a bed?
3. Does the overhead bed come with a mattress?
4. Any actual MPG to report?
5. Access to fridge while driving

Any other input we be appreciated, thanks for you time.
connor2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
You guys are the first with the new 36.1. We are looking to you for answers!
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #14

[QUOTE=connor2002;1525967]Have a few questions regarding the 36.1

1. How many seatbelts? 5 in total, driver, passenger, and 3 on the couch

2. Does the dinette turn into a bed? - yes

3. Does the overhead bed come with a mattress? - Yes, there is a supplied air mattress for both the overhead bunk and sofa hide a bed.

4. Any actual MPG to report? - not sure yet, mine just came off the assembly line on Thursday, dealer said it should be here by the end of April,

5. Access to fridge while driving - Yes, and also the half bath that is midship on the coach. You can also get to the rear bath while driving also, you just have to crawl across the master bed.

Any other input we be appreciated, thanks for you time. I'll try to answer any other questions that may come up, as my wife works for the dealership we are buying ours from. Also the owner is a close personal friend of mine, and I tend to ask a lot of questions. To be honest this web site and forum are a great source of information so far.

Happy R.Ving!

Tags