RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #15

Posted in April from MHSRV site

Posted in April from MHSRV site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088
The 2019 Aria line-up (3401, 3601, 3901, and 4000) boasts a bit longer list of upgrades:

Quote:
New features for 2019 include, a Multiplex control system with smartphone app, Winegard ConnecT 4G/Wi-Fi system, redesigned baggage doors, JBL Bluetooth soundbar for home theater, pop-up outlet/USB charger on the kitchen countertops, 360 Siphon Vent cap, metal adjustable shelving throughout and a cockpit TV when available.
Credit to MHSRV

Teblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #16

Teblue, if we made sure everything works on our new RV before leaving the dealer I'm pretty certain there would be no new RV's on the road.

Fairfieldwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #17

Oh they know about it alright. We had a long conversation about it. I was sitting inside of a 3401 at a dealership when we made the call. Of course the salesman didn't know squat but he sure did after that conversation.
Mccowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #18

Thor Aria 3601

We have owned our Aria for over a year and still love the coach.

Like all of these beasts there are shake down issues. Ours were minimal. I did change out the basement door seals for a tight fit. I also agree the the AC drainage comes over the entry door. I installed a gutter and spout over the door awning to channel the water away.

We are going to the Thor rally in Goshen next month and have made a list of things we like and things we would improve.

The unit drives really nice and the living space suits us very well for about 5 months out of the year.
Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:36 PM   #19

We picked up our Thor Aria 3901 in December of 2017. We went back in May and left it for 3 weeks in hopes they could fix all of the various problems we had found over that period. We traveled in it for the three month period between buying it and taking it back. When we got it back from the service dept., some of the things had been fixed, but several had not. The entry door is very difficult to open and doesn't seal properly. It's quite frustrating to have to use a body blow to get out when you are an arthritic senior woman. They said they would send us the new seals but it is now August and still no signs of any seals. My husband has repaired furnace lines, poor drawer slides, a fallen back splash, trim that fell off, a billowing awning that came loose while we were driving. The inside step doesn't like to come up when we stop so I worry I'll fall in the well. Now we are wondering if it has something to do with the inverter since other electric components don't work unless we are hooked up to 50 amps. We love the layout and are basically happy with our new home on wheels, but it's these issues that should have been fixed either at the factory or our dealer that make it irritating.
nanclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #20

We've has first hand experience with the Fleetwood Decatur service center and the Thor service center. The level of service at the Thor center pales in comparison with our Fleetwood experience. That being said the Thor center was head and shoulders above any dealers service center we've experienced, just not as good as Fleetwoods. We had the same door issue as nanclm when we left the Thor center.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:45 PM   #21

Aria awning mounting screws

So, I found this today. We have noticed that our front awning mount squeaks when it moves around a little in a light breeze. Today, I had my wife push it up and down a bit while I looked at the mount to see if I could figure it out. I found that the four upper self-tapping screws were just long enough to bore a hole in the backing plate in the wall, but not long enough to thread into said plate. Basically just threaded into the fiberglass. So the mounting plate was flexing enough to cause the squeak. Fixed it with longer screws.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:58 AM   #22

Mnoel
Are you referring to the awning over the entry door or the one mounted to the slideout?
Old 08-20-2018, 07:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Mnoel
Are you referring to the awning over the entry door or the one mounted to the slideout?
The long awning mounted on the slide out, not the topper.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #24

Z3406, met you at Thor rally, I have 3901 and also had wet bay freezing issue. There is a 2 inch duct from furnace that is supposed to heat the water bay but found out mine never made it down there. It took some time but I got the duct properly placed and no more freeze ups. Happing camping Brother, Fred
KohtangFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:18 PM   #25

Hi Fred
Our coach has been at the service center the past 2 weeks. Seems a leak in the hot water heater dripped some water into the Firefly control box and we lost all Firefly functions. I suspect that water in the Firefly box is also the reason why our front furnace stopped working soon after the rally. I had found issues with the furnace ducting last spring and hopefully the wet bay freezing issue is corrected. Now the furnace not being able to keep the front of the coach at a comfortable temperature will be corrected when they upgrade the furnace. Hopefully they will also be able to stop the water intrusion onto the wet bays while they have it. As an aside when I was about 5 miles from the service center one of the back splashes in the kitchen fell off. I have a list of about 20 items for them to fix at the service center this time.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:40 PM   #26

Al,
Just got mine back from Freightliner, An injector failed on way back from Kansas City, completely covered the rear of the coach with oil... They did a great job getting it fixed and all cleaned up for me.
Take care
Fred
KohtangFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #27

I'm late in seeing this thread but wanted to add the 2017 Thor Aria 3901 (which I saw for the first time at the Houston RV show last year) floor plan and amenities are essentially a reincarnation of my 2007 Damon Astoria (Damon was a subsidiary of Thor at that time).

Even the "Aria" name is similar ("Astoria" minus a few three letters).

I'm surprised to read about water intrusion into the storage bays being an issue. When I purchased my motorhome I had the same water problem which mostly occurred while driving in heavy rain. The solution to the water intrusion was adjusting the clasps of the storage bag doors to get a tighter seal when closed. I would have thought that after ten years Thor would have designed a solution to storage bay water intrusion problem.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #28

Door Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccowboy View Post
I actually had a phone conversation with Adam Gudger about the new doors/seals for 2019 a few months ago. Interesting that in none of the new videos Thor has put out on the Arias is there any mention of that improvement.
I picked up my 2019 Aria 4000 in December......still sitting in garage waiting for first trip this May......I too talked with Adam and went to factory to meet Dave Daniels. Neither of them denied the issue and were very upfront about it needing a fix. That said, mine are upgraded and have much better sealing than previous...I have yet to put them to the test.

SnowNCycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor