RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2014, 09:16 PM   #1

Outlaw 37LS On The Way, What Else Do I Need??

What are the essentials that I should order in anticipation of my coach coming? Thanks

EmpireRcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 AM   #2

Congrats on the new rig! I have a 37LS also. I cannot think of any specific things you would want to order for the Outlaw, only the normal day to day kind of items. You know like bedding, kitchen items, etc. A lot of people suggest "camping" in your drive way for a day or two and noting the things you keep running back into the house for.

Hope you join us in the Thor Owners forum. There are two pretty active Outlaw specific threads in there.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/i-lo...aw-102560.html

OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes

Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireRcs View Post
What are the essentials that I should order in anticipation of my coach coming? Thanks
Congrats on the new rig. Come join the threads noted and you'll get tons of data and feedback.

Again, congrats!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #4

Quote:
As in contents?
Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
As in contents?
Bedding, disposables, anything it needs to hook up at a park, is e track needed or are the floor ties sufficient to haul a rzr or cart?

I'm rv stupid, never even ridden in one or camped on one or anything.

Do they tvs get channels or do I need to have directv installed and if so what's the best in motion set up? Will the tvs in the coach work while driving?

I'll check out those two threads, feel free to move this post to the thor forum if there's a moderator around.
EmpireRcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #6

Argh...
App keeps crashing, I will give you my thoughts later today. We have had toyhauler of some sort for about 7 years.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations on your Outlaw, you will find a ton of useful information in the thread links that Orangepeel listed. Your entertainment center will work while driving if you turn on your inverter however your guest will either want to use an in-motion sat. (that you would need to install) or watch DVDs on the included DVD player. The crank up antenna gets great reception of local channels when parked so that is generally all we use. In many RV park locations there is a cable TV hook up so I wouldn't rush to add a dish until you see how much you really watch TV. We are usually so busy during the day and after cooking dinner and socializing we use ours much less than we expected. Our Outlaw came with a sat dish and Dish receiver but we have never used it, the locals and watching Blu-Rays is enough for us.
I think the best advice I can give is don't rush to do anything, take your time and see what really ends up being important to spend money on.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Bedding, disposables, anything it needs to hook up at a park, is e track needed or are the floor ties sufficient to haul a rzr or cart?

I'm rv stupid, never even ridden in one or camped on one or anything.

Do they tvs get channels or do I need to have directv installed and if so what's the best in motion set up? Will the tvs in the coach work while driving?

I'll check out those two threads, feel free to move this post to the thor forum if there's a moderator around.
Money or time, which are you looking for?
For a few years we had paper plates and plastic silverware and Solo cups.
Last year we picked up some plastic dishes and cups/glasses. Married soooo.... we have extra bedding, towels, kitchen utensils and picked up some induction pots and pans and a induction hot plate. If you are going to cook in the trailer and will have electric it is the way to go.
We have clothes that we leave in the camper. In our case we add food and go. Clean up when we get home and repack so we are ready the next time.

TV channels are hit and miss depending on where you go. Dish is popular with RVers but some have DirecTV. In motion is more costly TracVision is good but expensive, there is King dome and Wineguard. Can not tell you the best from experience, as I have none. Normally the front TV will not function so as not to tempt the driver to drive distracted.

RV unlearned. You will learn, unfortunately some will be the hard way.

Tying down the RZR. If you have experience tying it down on a regular trailer you are set. The tie down points are never in the right spot, so I over kill and put on to many. It is a trial and error. E-track would be nicer, draw back would be if you use the garage for something when the toys are not inside....

2 movies depending on your rating tolerance:
(2006) RV Rated PG
(2013) We are the Millers Rated
On RV anyone that has camped for awhile will either have done it or understand how it may happen.

Hook up at parks:
If you are unsure of the park, electrical protection device (between your power panel and the park outlet.)
Water pressure regulator. (park related)
Water filter (some people, again park related)
50 to 30 amp adapter (park related)
oh, Sewer hose extension for the time it is just out of reach of the one I am carrying....

Chair to sit in and BS at the end of a day of riding. (should you have someone else with you they may want one also)
A pad of paper and pen for the things you did not buy and want to get for next time.

If you are not use to larger vehicles take it out and drive it! You will more likely than not end up backing it into where you want a spotter. (if so practice arguing in the driveway )

Bill
Old 07-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bill and Scott have covered many point very well (above) and Kristen's links are exactly what I would recommend.

The style new tie down loops are adequate for moto's, but when you get the Scion Iq, you might want to add some e-track...you will have to wait to see how that works.

All the rest of the stuff is like any other RV and based on what you and your group need.

The one thing you will have to get used to is being in a celebrity RV...at least it will feel like a celebrity. Even after all these years, we still get attention - like thumbs-up from motorcycle riders on the road to walk-ups at the campground wondering what fits in the back!

Best luck!

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is online now   Reply With Quote