Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #1

Question Outlaw 38 RE .....Any suggestions?

Hi
I am new to this site and am planning on going to the Tampa RV Show in January 2019. I am interested in a Thor Outlaw 38RE and wanted to know the good bad and ugly about the coach. I know it has a window type air conditioner and was kinda of surprised at that. I like the back patio and the fact it has a drop down bed over the driver for extra room.

Does anyone know anything to help me decide if i am wasting my time as I am a full time RVer and live in Tn most of the time and wondering about the tanks freezing and the plumbing if the underbelly is heated well enough to withstand the winter months

Thanks so much for your feedback and safe travels to all!!!

Happy Camper New Year!!!!
Classacoach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning - the 38RE is no longer made by Thor; it was discontinued the 1st part of 2018. If you are looking for a similar coach that has the back patio, check out the Fleetwood Southwind 37FP & the Holiday Rambler Vacationer 36FP.... And don't forget the other versions of the OUTLAW... If I had a crystal ball, I probably would have gone with one of the newer versions vs the 38RE... I think they have a better layout but still retain the "party deck" which we love... As a quick note on our 38RE - the rear bedroom has a widow-type a/c - this is common with all class "A" Outlaw - it works great in conjunction with the other 2 roof units... Unfortunately, we travel the Gulf Coast mostly and stay far away from cold temps so I can't speak of freezing issues w/ the plumbing - Good luck hunting for a coach and Happy New Year -
2016 Outlaw Josey Wales 38RE #2630
crey0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:48 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There was a second Outlaw Residence Edition (not Toy Hauler) model 38RF.

Both the RE and RF are discontined, but available as used.

The Outlaw's have the slope roof from the ToyHauler models, so that is 8 foot ceilings in the rear 2/3 (bedroom and baths)...something offered in no other RV. Really amazing to see.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw