Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #1

Outlaw design: Can I merge RF and RE??

Hello! I am a total newbie and I am looking to buy an Outlaw. I love the movie seats and dinette in the RF, but the layout in the RE is preferable. I didn't want to ask a dealer yet as I am still researching and didn't want to be pressured into anything. But is it possible to get a different dinette and couch than what is availabe for an RE?? Thanks in advance!
Panthress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

First...I agree the Residential Outlaws are AWESOME. The 9foot tall coffered bedroom ceiling, half bath and patio deck with full wet bar is amazing! If we did not need the Toy Hauler version Outlaw, that is the RV we would have.

Unlike some much smaller operations, the Thor Motor Coach factory does not really accept floor plan modifications. They build each and every RV to pre-sold dealer orders and carry no debt (like speculation builders) with only a few options offered.
Currently only - Dual Pane Frameless Widows (single pane frameless is standard) and leatherette sofa (standard for the RE - theater seats standard for the RF)

Because of this, I submit (from previous owner stories) that there are 2 ways to get exactly what you want:
1: Order/Purchase from a dealer that has the ability/shop skills to swap the dinette and sofa. This will be the most expensive option (retail parts and labor). Don't expect them to credit you for the removed furniture, but it is possible.
2: Aftermarket or DIY:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post2943256
or
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post1742473
or
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post2175056
or
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post3048740

The furniture is very easy to remove and can be resold. New furniture can be of better quality or fabrics as YOU wish. Apartment scale stuff fits with no issue...just bolt it to the floor as was the original.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 01:24 AM   #3

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!!
Panthress is offline   Reply With Quote