Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2015, 12:11 PM   #1401

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yep... Definitely know. The problem is that the prying took both hands and I was working alone :-). I'll dig back through... might find one of the trim partially off.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #1402

Air Conditioning

Make sure you go up on the roof and clean the AC condensing units regularly. I was only able to cool about 10 degrees below outside temps. So I climbed up on the roof and removed the covers and pressure washed both units. They were quite plugged. It is currently 87 outside and 71 inside (exactly what the thermostat is set to), and I have the door to the garage open.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #1403

Does anyone know why the rear ac and the gfi plugins would both blow. I tried to reset each in the breaker box..neither were tripped but hubby did not turn off the ac before unplugging the coach...could this do it? Cannot test the gfi in the bathroom either pushed the test and nothing...

It's a 2014 37MD.

Are there fuses somewhere behind breaker box..I am not electrically inclined

Bev
Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #1404

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The GFI and each A/C unit are on individual circuit breakers in the panel. There are no fuses in the A/C circuits. Leaving the A/C on when you unplug or shut off the generator; or plug in or start the genset can trip the circuit breaker, especially the latter two. Have you reset those circuit breakers? If not, the GFI will not reset/test since there is no power to the circuit. If the circuit breaker is set on, and still no power, then there is likely a fault that requires someone familiar with A/C circuits and/or RVs to diagnose. Hope that helps.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #1405

Hey all, great forum. I've been doing a lot of reading and to be honest I'm overwhelmed. Took my '13 Outlaw out for it's maiden voyage this past week and have few questions and concerns. I know I've read about these issues, but cannot find them again without going thru 100 pages, so here goes:

1. When I use the thermostat up in the 'bedroom' area to turn on the furnace, both roof airconditioners come on...why? and how do I stop it from doing that?

2. Loud rattle in the left front suspension area when hitting high speed bumps on the hiway...why? What is it and how do I make it stop?

3. Where can I get a new strut for the front man door?

4. Why do I get bad sewer smell when driving when the black tanks are full? And how do I make it stop?

5. Does my power awning have the auto rain dump feature and how do I make it work? My last RV had this feature and it worked perfect, but yesterday it rained really hard and my Outlaw awning just collected a LOT of water in the middle and didn't dump.

Thank you guys for all the help.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #1406
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Norsepeak,

You are right! This is page 101 on this thread!

I'll yield to the owners of Gen2 Outlaws for much of this stuff...things have changed since our legacy Outlaw rolled off the line.

But for #1 - Only a function while on shore or genie power, the rooftop fans will run to circulate the warm furnace air (important because hot air rises). If you really want to kill the rooftop units, throw the breakers in the main panel (furnace runs on low voltage and propane only). NOTE- If you have the optional "heat strips" or a heatpump in the rooftop unit, don't turn them off because these should heat the RV before the furnace starts.

And #4 - The 2 quick fixes for the black tank odor/assuming the vent stack is not leaking odor inside the wall; dump more often or, use more water through the trip. Longer term fixes involve using an enzime/toilet chemical and rinsing the tank better at each dump.

Congrats again on the new to you Outlaw, and
Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #1407

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
An added note on #4. If you have a common vent for Black and Grey (mine does), dump at 2/3 full. We also use the 1 cap Calgon Water softner and 1 cup liquid laundry detergent method. Smells almost flowery and no more odor!
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #1408

Congrat on the purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norsepeak View Post
Hey all, great forum. I've been doing a lot of reading and to be honest I'm overwhelmed. Took my '13 Outlaw out for it's maiden voyage this past week and have few questions and concerns. I know I've read about these issues, but cannot find them again without going thru 100 pages, so here goes:

1. When I use the thermostat up in the 'bedroom' area to turn on the furnace, both roof airconditioners come on...why? and how do I stop it from doing that?
On mine, the furnace is only controlled by one thermostat (the front one). You can leave the rear one turned off. Otherwise, I think the AC's are used to circulate the air.

Quote:
2. Loud rattle in the left front suspension area when hitting high speed bumps on the hiway...why? What is it and how do I make it stop?
No idea on this one...

Quote:
3. Where can I get a new strut for the front man door?
I don't think there is anything special about the strut. You may want to contact Thor and they can give you this info (please share the answer on here if you find out!).

Quote:
4. Why do I get bad sewer smell when driving when the black tanks are full? And how do I make it stop?
I haven't had this issue, but it could be several things. As others mentioned, don't let it get full. It's possible there is an issue with the vent pipe also.

Quote:
5. Does my power awning have the auto rain dump feature and how do I make it work? My last RV had this feature and it worked perfect, but yesterday it rained really hard and my Outlaw awning just collected a LOT of water in the middle and didn't dump.
The 'auto dump' feature is just a spring that compressed when the weight of the water gets too high. We don't have this on our rigs because the awnings are locked into position. You can lock one side lower than the other and it will shed the water automatically. You can also close the awning with one side lower than the other so it is always set up like this when you extend it.

These power awnings are not the strongest, so I would not leave it out if there is any indication of wind, and don't let the rain collect on it! You don't want to replace one of these if you don't have to.

Quote:
Thank you guys for all the help.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #1409

What is the battery size used in the 2016 Class A Outlaws? I wanted to see if taller batteries are available to get higher capacity?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #1410

Question for someone that has a 2016, maybe 2015, 38RE.

I'm wondering how strong the door and walls are as far as keeping someone out.

Do you leave the party deck down when you leave the coach?

I don't see a deadbolt just a standard lockable door know so I'm wondering if anyone has put in a deadbolt?

Does anyone have a picture that shows where the portable grill goes?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #1411

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Anti Sway Mods

I was wondering if anyone made any mods e.g. ant-sway bars, etc to improve ride/ stabilization on the Gen II Outlaws?
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Old 09-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #1412

Russ, Doggy Daddy has informed me he had a SuperSteer rear swaybar and a front Roadmaster swaybar installed on his W24 rig. He said it helped a lot, and I will be looking at doing something similar.

Timon, I believe I have seen a picture of an aluminum roll down type of door that you can deploy on the back of the RE that protects and secures the tv and kitchenette, I don't remember if it covers the entry/bathroom door. No, after looking at the floorplan, the roller doesn't go to the entry door. You would think it would be fairly stout since it is an outside entry door, but ya never know.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #1413

Looked at several sets of pictures and videos and it looks like it's a solid door with both a deadbolt and standard lock set. So it's down to how solid the lock is for the roll up door along with how well the entire area is water proofed. I'd hate to be putting up the patio deck every time you leave on a day trip.

any RE owners that can report on this?

I was thinking, the patio deck has nice plus besides being a great deck, if you're pulling a car on a dolly you can just leave the dolly connected and it's covered by the deck. If you add a skirt you'd never know the dolly was under it.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #1414

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Russ, Doggy Daddy has informed me he had a SuperSteer rear swaybar and a front Roadmaster swaybar installed on his W24 rig. He said it helped a lot, and I will be looking at doing something similar.

Thanks Jeff .... I will check them out.

Tags
outlaw