Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #1541

Recliner loveseat 71"

Seeking pictures of anyone that has changed their OEM love seat to a recliner loveseat (bonus if they have cup holders) or 2 recliners. Seriously considering this change.

* update* Still waiting for our sunshades to come in. Hopefully next week or so.
AngusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #1542

I did remove the OEM love seat. First, the screws holding the fold out bed were unscrewed, and the fold out removed. Then, the screws holding the sofa to the floor brackets were unscrewed and the sofa could be pulled out. Of course, it wouldn't fit through the door until I cut through the fabric and used a screw driver and crow bar to remove all those little nails and staples from the arms and back. I have empty space in the slide for something cool - Yea!
Sunset Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:47 PM   #1543

For a 2007 3611, does anyone know if the ceiling in the garage under the bed is solid or are there 2x4s or something else going across.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #1544

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bachman View Post
For a 2007 3611, does anyone know if the ceiling in the garage under the bed is solid or are there 2x4s or something else going across.

Thanks,
Mike
I can confirm that I hit an air space with a couple of screws when I installed a handicap handrail in the ceiling for hanging clothes. Not sure how things are set up in there but I was solid on most screws and the rail/rack is still holding
Old 02-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #1545
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bachman View Post

Thanks,
Mike
Hey Mike!
As we know...no 2 Outlaws are exactly duplicates.

On our '07, the finish ceiling panels (loft floor) are affiixed to a solid span of plywood with no air gaps like Scott found in his ceiling.

After Scott reported the difference (when trying to mount his bar) I gave our ceiling a thorough check by knocking on the ceiling (like finding in-wall studs) and found no major air gaps...suggest the same thing for your project.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #1546

Can't remember easy way to post pics?
Dav5942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:12 PM   #1547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav5942 View Post
Can't remember easy way to post pics?
How to add photos to a post:
Click Quick Reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
Click Go Advanced, add text to message window and then scroll down.
Click Manage Attachments. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse... then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

You can also:
Click Post Reply or, if starting a new thread, click New Thread
Click on the paperclip symbol in the top row of the message box. A separate window will pop up.
Click Browse...then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 620 x 620 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 100K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
Click Upload. After pics have loaded, close the pop-up window.
Click Submit Reply (if you are replying) or Submit New Thread (if a new discussion) to post the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

OR

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image from our photo gallery into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:03 PM   #1548
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

The first 2 instructions add thumbnails to your post.
But, if you want to add a photo to the body of the post (like in the middle of text like this), there is one more step...
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-29.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	118896
This is George and he LOVES his Outlaw RV!

To do this, after dismissing the "Manage Attachments" pop-up, place the cursor where you want a photo to appear, then click the attachment icon at the top bar of the post, and click on the photo's name.

Read about that and more here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html

Safe Outlaw travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
But, if you want to add a photo to the body of the post (like in the middle of text like this), there is one more step...
I did a copy/paste directly from that link, so if there's an extra step needed you may want to see about adding that to the linked post.

And George is AWESOME! I love seeing others taking their BIG dogs with them.
FlyFishinRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #1550

Quote:
Since Christmas, I have worked and reworked fitting the Bauer 13-509...and gave up.
Now I am now SO GLAD that I did not try to force fit that TT lock into our Outlaw, because the Bauer EM (#013-531) fit like it was original equipment.

Attachment 84790

Attachment 84791

It literally took only 20min to install and test. The only downside is obvious - no second lock on the main latch bolt, but the deadbolt is very stout. It is not easy to tell, but the jam pins are identical to the old/original trimark lock. And the original strike plate appears to be a duplicate of the one from Bauer, so I did not swap it = no molding removal/repair

It went just like this YouTube video... the last part about the strike plate can be skipped:

Safe mods

Hi my friend, i'm interest too to purchease a couple of this for my outlaw can you tell me please the right model for me (mine has 2 lock and 2 keys)

tks.
tobetoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #1551

Remember now-too much effort

Have completed many mods,this week will be doing soon; solar, steering, screening to garage, etc.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #1552
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobetoday View Post
Hi my friend, i'm interest too to purchease a couple of this for my outlaw can you tell me please the right model for me (mine has 2 lock and 2 keys)

tks.
Max,

Your 3808 most probably has the problematic and discontinued TriMark 60-650 (2 keyholes).
If upgraded by the previous owner, the lock will be a TriMark 60-1650 (still 2 keyholes, but a different shaped case and handle).
See: Recreational Vehicle | TriMark Corporation

The power door lock we used to replace the TriMark 60-650 is the Bauer EM (#013-531)*
See: Bauer EM | Bauer Products
It is sold by many retailers, so I suggest shopping on-line for best price as you can.

The Bauer lock is easy to install and works very well.
We are not affiliated with Bauer, just really like the product.
In fact, we do not miss the second lock which would sometimes prevent exit because the levers had to be turned opposite directions to unlock.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 02-13-2016, 05:25 AM   #1553

Anybody drill thru their roof to add solar? Was going to use the black tank exhaust pipe but it is very hard to access in the bathroom-could drill next to it and drop straight down.

Don't have frig vent so no access that way.
Dav5942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:29 AM   #1554

Quote:
Max,

Your 3808 most probably has the problematic and discontinued TriMark 60-650 (2 keyholes).
If upgraded by the previous owner, the lock will be a TriMark 60-1650 (still 2 keyholes, but a different shaped case and handle).
See: Recreational Vehicle | TriMark Corporation

The power door lock we used to replace the TriMark 60-650 is the Bauer EM (#013-531)*
See: Bauer EM | Bauer Products
It is sold by many retailers, so I suggest shopping on-line for best price as you can.

The Bauer lock is easy to install and works very well.
We are not affiliated with Bauer, just really like the product.
In fact, we do not miss the second lock which would sometimes prevent exit because the levers had to be turned opposite directions to unlock.

Best luck

those are the picturesof mine

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/CSJbvwIqXx5NfYCUWf-TC6UF7-MpWZNp0k5wrjt8cyE1W*4lXGyvUjfx97EBTk08SgfaEOrAyXu0 %20mXVT*nFN91JjhUmey0VL/20160213_112659.jpg[/IMG]

http://api.ning.com/files/CSJbvwIqXx...213_112659.jpg
tobetoday is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw