RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2016, 12:04 PM   #1891
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
Loft TV Mount

I know this question has been asked and answered, so apologize up front for asking again. I tried searching....

I want to replace the TV bracket in my loft so the TV can be extended and viewed by both occupants of the loft. There is a plethora of options on the web and difficult to tell which one fits. Suggestions appreciated and thanks in advance.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #1892
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Loft TV

Here's the 2 best posts for photos.

OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes

OUTLAW Mods and Easy Fixes

There's lots of ways this can be done...

...but, if there is a thought to move the mount base to the exterior wall...BEWARE...the interior is thin Luan over the insulation foam, and will not hold the weight of the mount, unless you hit a frame rail (metal) or the window framing. And screws too long could pierce the exterior fiberglass skin

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:34 AM   #1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning83 View Post
I also added a sun screen and we love it it helps to keep the awning from blowing in the wind and keeps rain out ....... And the best part is it rolls up in the awning so I don't have to remove it every time
Hi! Im writing from italy and i own a 2011 3808 outlaw

i'd like to buy this sun screen can you give plesase the exact link where you have buyed?

thank you
tobetoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #1894

Has anyone replaced the salon tv mount in a newer (2016RB)? Would like a mount than can swing out and maybe lower so its easier to watch from the captain chairs.

Any issues I may run into?
HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #1895

Thor Owners Club
When we bought our 2015 37LS I told my dealer that the bracket that held that tv was ridiculous and it could only be viewed from the stairs. They agreed, called Thor and it was replaced by a movable bracket!
Old 09-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #1896
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider14 View Post
When we bought our 2015 37LS I told my dealer that the bracket that held that tv was ridiculous and it could only be viewed from the stairs. They agreed, called Thor and it was replaced by a movable bracket!
Swapping the mount in the Loft and Salon is screwing into backer plywood.
Swapping the mount over the door (37MD/RB'S and an optional on 3611's) is screwing into AGS steel sheet.

Why not just make it standard? Saving a few bucks in the factory, I guess. And, not everyone watches TV when they are in the out of doors...but we do

Jim and Laura...want to add your ID here?
List of Outlaw Owners

Safe Outlaw Travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #1897

2014 37MD sliding screen door to garage

Does anyone know if this model came with a screen door to the garage it looks like there might be a track there for one, and if so I wonder if it would be a standard size that I could buy from like Lowes or would I have to get it from a thrice the price camper supply?

2014 Thor 37MD Husky Hauler
zman7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:23 AM   #1898

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman7458 View Post
Does anyone know if this model came with a screen door to the garage it looks like there might be a track there for one, and if so I wonder if it would be a standard size that I could buy from like Lowes or would I have to get it from a thrice the price camper supply?
Yup they came with sliding screen doors. They should be fairly standard to replace, not that I ever have.
Old 09-20-2016, 11:18 AM   #1899

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzler View Post
Yup they came with sliding screen doors. They should be fairly standard to replace, not that I ever have.
Thanks sizzler. I'll go get some measurements and get on tracking one down.

2014 Thor 37MD Husky Hauler
zman7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #1900

We have a 2009 3808 Outlaw with the front engine diesel (FRED). Recently the check engine light came on. I thought I’d share what I learned while resolving the issue. Note: the water in fuel light was not on.

The read out on the dash showed an ECU 128 error code. Cummins has no 128 code which caused a bit of confusion until I bought an OTC code reader. The complete code as read by the OTC is actually 128 097 3 PID indicating “water in fuel indicator voltage above normal or shorted high.”

The sensor screws into the bottom of the water separating cartridge which also acts as a pre-filter to the actual fuel filter and is attached to the frame rail on the driver’s side just behind the front tire. There are two wires connecting the sensor to the ECM. One wire carries a reference voltage of 4.95 volts, the other is at ground potential. When water collects at the bottom of the separator it shorts the two leads at the end of the sensor which tells the ECM to light the water in fuel light on the dash. Simple right?

The trouble shooting steps I found consisted primarily of checking the integrity of the wires and connectors and checking the sensor for damage. My wiring all looked good and at the sensor I measured 4.95 volts on one lead and ground on the other. This could have told me I had a defective sensor. Cummins said the sensor should have more than 100k ohms across the two leads. Mine showed infinite resistance or open. Since that is greater than 100k ohms and because I read more than once during my search for info than the sensors never go bad I mistakenly continued searching for the cause. The only troubleshooting step I couldn’t complete was to connect to Cummins Insite and verify the “calibration” of the ECM and since that step appeared several times I decided to take the coach to a service center. They correctly identified a defective sensor. The sensor cost me $55 and took me about 5 minutes to replace but I had to pay two hours labor to find out it was defective. The new sensor had 219K ohms across the pins BTW.

Happy motoring.
Oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:50 AM   #1901

Hi!

I have a big leak of atf red oil spread from the passenger side of the engine area

I was driving in the traffic of Rome and maybe something get too hot i dont know...

I felt a smoke smell as something burning and then i saw smoke from the engine area. Very scaring..,.

It was, i guess the oil sprayed on the head of the engine burning

The oil level in the trasmission is ok
in the hydroguide ok
in the leveljng jack more or less ok

Now everythin works, hydroguide, gear and leveling jacks

But im worry frome this leak was coming and why.

I saw a little break in the orange skin plastic in on passenger side manifold goes to the leveling jack and touching there some drop of red oil come out

But using the leveling up and down no new leak come out
and it very strange this manifold can broken during the drive, becaus all the system i think is off and no pressure

Maybe the automatic trasmission circuit was too full and spread out the excess? From where exactly is this valve?

Tks
Old 09-26-2016, 01:07 PM   #1902
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
37MD Fuses

From another thread here:
2014 Outlaw 37MD fuse box location?

Click image for larger version

Name:	electrical drawing RV 1600.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	140014

Thanks to Zman and Russ

Safe Outlaw Travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-05-2016, 11:47 AM   #1903

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobetoday View Post
Hi!

I have a big leak of atf red oil spread from the passenger side of the engine area

I was driving in the traffic of Rome and maybe something get too hot i dont know...

I felt a smoke smell as something burning and then i saw smoke from the engine area. Very scaring..,.

It was, i guess the oil sprayed on the head of the engine burning

The oil level in the trasmission is ok
in the hydroguide ok
in the leveljng jack more or less ok

Now everythin works, hydroguide, gear and leveling jacks

But im worry frome this leak was coming and why.

I saw a little break in the orange skin plastic in on passenger side manifold goes to the leveling jack and touching there some drop of red oil come out

But using the leveling up and down no new leak come out
and it very strange this manifold can broken during the drive, becaus all the system i think is off and no pressure

Maybe the automatic trasmission circuit was too full and spread out the excess? From where exactly is this valve?

Tks
Did you notice any change in the shifting of the coach. It is possible you over heated your transmission and the oil came from the breather tube. When the oil gets hot enough it can come out as a vapour, and will leave oil all over everything. If this did happen you should have noticed the transmission temperature gauge in the high zone and the shifting should become hard or some slippage. You may not lose as much oil as one might think, and it doesn't take much oil spilt to look like a lot.

The other would be to check your steering fluid too. Any belt issues or damage to the lines for the steering?

I hope that offers a little help.

Good Luck.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzler View Post
Did you notice any change in the shifting of the coach. It is possible you over heated your transmission and the oil came from the breather tube. When the oil gets hot enough it can come out as a vapour, and will leave oil all over everything. If this did happen you should have noticed the transmission temperature gauge in the high zone and the shifting should become hard or some slippage. You may not lose as much oil as one might think, and it doesn't take much oil spilt to look like a lot.

The other would be to check your steering fluid too. Any belt issues or damage to the lines for the steering?

I hope that offers a little help.

Good Luck.

after an accurate control we found the leak from the red oil "pipeline" of the elveling jacks system on driver side.

few bucks and i replaced it.

thank you for your interest

Tags
outlaw