Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #183
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Replace the Dinette

I did not do this - It was featured in an classified advertisement that has long ago been pulled off the web, but it looks pretty nice...credit to who ever that owner was

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlaw Dining Table 1.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	46667

Name:	Outlaw Dining Table 2.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	46668

From the fabric and floor plan, it was probably a '07 or '08 3611.

I went through my dinette when I modified the ends to open and found that except for the seat belt bracket holes in the slide floor, this mod would leave little sign that a dinette was ever in that space.

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #184

Super Quick Fix!

While working on the Beast the other day I found the tubing to the passenger side windshield wiper fluid had split. I'm visiting a new town so asked a friend where I could go to buy replacement tubing. He looked at it, had an epiphany, and grabbed some tubing he had used to set up a drip line watering system for his garden. Same diameter as the broken one...5 minutes later the windshield wipe fluid system was working like a charm!
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #185

Maybe I've been doing something wrong all this time, or maybe my drivers seat is installed too far forward, but we cannot, as of yet, fully rotate our drivers seat so it faces directly rearward - it hits the steering wheel, with the back facing the passenger seat. We just deal with it... ???
tr21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #186
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr21r View Post
Maybe I've been doing something wrong all this time, or maybe my drivers seat is installed too far forward, but we cannot, as of yet, fully rotate our drivers seat so it faces directly rearward - it hits the steering wheel, with the back facing the passenger seat. We just deal with it... ???
I gotta do a YouTube video about this. It's not just an Outlaw thing:
This is what I do...
1. With the seat slider rearward enough, rotate the seat until it is facing the passenger seat.
2. Put the steering wheel tilt in the highest or lowest position to provide the most clearance space.
3. With seat facing the passenger side, release the recliner lever and move the seat back/back rest as far foward as it will go, and...
4. Slide the seat base slider as far forward on it's tracks as it will go.
5. If the arm rest is in the way, drop it as far as it will go down.
6. Now, you should be able to turn the seat to face the rear.

With the seat back returned to a normal seating position, the seat will still not rotate like the passenger seat does.

Returning the seat to forward facing is these steps in reverse.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #187
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wardrobe TopSide Storage

Many Outlaws did not have any means to keep in-place anything loaded on-top of the Wardrobe.

Mike B. corrected this with a DIY but factory quality railing - Looks Awesome!

Name:	IMG_1886.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	47482

Good job, Mike!
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 10-10-2013, 02:01 PM   #188

I did the same thing to my wardrobe top, using 2 cheap metal towel bars for the enclosure, one long and one short one. Then I purchased 2 laundry baskets from Lowes that are metal frameworks covered with a beige colored cloth, so the decor matches nicely. They both fit up there perfectly, use them for dirty clothes and extra towels or clothes. Utilizes a previously unused space. The only drawback is access is somewhat difficult from the stairs, so we only put things in there we don't often need.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #189

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I finally finished the 360 Siphon Vent install. What should have been a 30 minute job took two days to complete (see my other post here if you want to know what happened). Now I am looking forward to the next time I roll down the road with half full holding tanks and will no longer catch the occasional whiff of unpleasant odors thanks with this upgrade.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:35 AM   #190

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our latest update was to convert all of the pancake dome lights to LED bulbs. Both my wife and I wanted to maintain the warm look of tungsten lighting so it took some looking to find LED bulbs in warm white and decent quality. We used a mix of 200 and 300 lumen lighting depending on which fixture. The two lights on ceiling close to the kitchen, one side of the double light on the ceiling between the couch and the dinette, one side of the fixture over the shower and one side of the fixture in the kitchen over the sink got these:
The Brightest Ba15s LED Light Bulb Replacement - Warm White Color - 2nd Generation with 66 LED's - Single Contact Base - 10-30V DC : Amazon.com : Automotive

For all the rest of the fixtures and the other side of the ones we put a brighter one in we got these:
Brightech LED BA15s - Warm White Color- Bayonet Base 36LEDs SMD Bulb - 2nd Generation with 36 LEDs - Replacement for #1156 1141 1073 1093 1129 93 - : Amazon.com : Automotive

The quality and warmth of light is almost exactly like the tungsten 1141 bulbs we removed.

As far as electrical savings we went from 18.5 watts per 1141 bulb to either 1.8 or 5 watts depending if it was the 36 or 66 LED bulb.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #191

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
I finally finished the 360 Siphon Vent install. What should have been a 30 minute job took two days to complete (see my other post here if you want to know what happened). Now I am looking forward to the next time I roll down the road with half full holding tanks and will no longer catch the occasional whiff of unpleasant odors thanks with this upgrade.

You never did share the source for this vent cap. I put one on my Outlaw but can't locate one for my Challenger. I thought they were discontinued?
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #192

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
You never did share the source for this vent cap. I put one on my Outlaw but can't locate one for my Challenger. I thought they were discontinued?
Heck no, Drainmaster is still cranking them out they will sell you all the vents you want LOL.
Look here: https://360productsnorthamerica.com/site/

and order here:
360 RV Roof Vent | Drain Master

Oh and if you want a hand installing it, just send me a airline ticket
Old 10-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #193

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Buddy! These things are the best. They are constantly drawing gasses out of the tank and unlike those wind vane venturi's, there are no moving parts to seize!
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #194

I need a fix for the bathroom lighting! it is horrible to see in the mirror for make up, hair, etc. Has anyone changed the lighting so the mirror is not in a shadow? While we are in the bathroom, any good ideas for more hangers for towels? has anyone added a rail to the top of the cabinets in the bathroom for added storage for a small basket or towels? Any ideas appreciated!
Bobcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #195

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat12 View Post
I need a fix for the bathroom lighting! it is horrible to see in the mirror for make up, hair, etc. Has anyone changed the lighting so the mirror is not in a shadow? While we are in the bathroom, any good ideas for more hangers for towels? has anyone added a rail to the top of the cabinets in the bathroom for added storage for a small basket or towels? Any ideas appreciated!
Don't you have the vanity lights above the mirror? Those work well for me when shaving, etc.

I like the idea of some rails on top of the of the bathroom cabinets. I would bet some nicely finished strips of 1" wood that are stained the right color would work up there for very little $$.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Don't you have the vanity lights above the mirror? Those work well for me when shaving, etc. I like the idea of some rails on top of the of the bathroom cabinets. I would bet some nicely finished strips of 1" wood that are stained the right color would work up there for very little $$.
Yes we have the little light strip above the mirror, but they don't light the mirror.
Bobcat12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw