Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #2255

Interested in your washer/dryer install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaydaddy View Post
In 2017 we visited 32 states and had a great time on the road. While returning home for the holidays, I decided to do a quick renovation to make it more livable for our family of 4.

Renovations Included:
1. Built wall to close in the garage, including power receptacle for patio use and a pass through storage solution for long items.
2. Built in bed with 3 drawer storage
3. Built in laundry space with 2 laundry shoots for dark and light
4. Added electric fireplace
5. Built in crib for my 13 month old and a 3rd that's on her way in 2018
6. Removed carpet and large bed from loft, replaced with small bed for my 4 year old and more play space
7. Removed sliding door, cased the frame and build in a new stair between living and garage
8. New floors throughout
9. New toilet (dropped bottle of perfume shattered the top of our previous one)

We ran out of time to finish the front of the Outlaw, but hope to tackle that next Christmas when we are back home. Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to post more pics of work being done.
I just bought a washer/dryer for my 37RB (pretty much the same layout as the MD) and plan to install it like you have. Did you cut into the hot water heater enclosure to make your water connections? How did you route your drain line? Your guidance will be of immense value!!!!
themnfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnfitz View Post
I just bought a washer/dryer for my 37RB (pretty much the same layout as the MD) and plan to install it like you have. Did you cut into the hot water heater enclosure to make your water connections? How did you route your drain line? Your guidance will be of immense value!!!!
I tied into the hot and cold supply in the open bay area that is beneath the cabinet floor that is under the stairs. I then ran the lines directly out the side and into the garage, then around to the back of the WD and up. For drain, I installed a large residential WD that uses a lot of water. It would have been useless to feed it into my grey tank because it would fill it up in 1-2 wash cycles. Instead, I ran the drain directly through the floor and into the power bay underneath. Inside the bay I created a fitting that would allow me to attach a typical RV line to the end of the washer hose. After dumping sewer and grey, I will install a "Y" and run a RV sewer line into the back bay so that my washing machine and grey tank can continuously drain. I leave a loop in the line so that water will be trapped in the bottom of the loop and prevent any sewer gas from coming back into the WD. I hope that makes sense. Sorry I don't have pics of that with me.
Highwaydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #2257

Quote:
In 2017 we visited 32 states . . .

Renovations Included:
1. Built wall to close in the garage, including power receptacle for patio use and a pass through storage solution for long items.
2. Built in bed with 3 drawer storage
3. Built in laundry space with 2 laundry shoots for dark and light
4. Added electric fireplace
5. Built in crib for my 13 month old and a 3rd that's on her way in 2018
6. Removed carpet and large bed from loft, replaced with small bed for my 4 year old and more play space
7. Removed sliding door, cased the frame and build in a new stair between living and garage
8. New floors throughout
9. New toilet (dropped bottle of perfume shattered the top of our previous one). . . .
Wow Hd, those are some great mods. At first glance, I hardly recognized your coach as being an OTL. You've performed some beautiful customizations that should work well for your family. Are you full-timers?

What does the crib replace, was that the couch or the dinette? I love how you set up the loft for the kids. What is the new floor, are those vinyl planks?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #2258
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
That's weird...it worked earlier
OK..really weird. I see the photo on my Desktop PC, but not my tablet

Here it is attached normally:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-09 02.00.56-3_preview.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	189208

Awesome renovation!!

However, the garage weight capacity is probably only a fraction used, so I would expect in the back, the ride on the highway is very bouncy.
I tried to nap while in-transit on a bunk in our garage once...when the garage was otherwise empty and could not stay in the bed due to the roadway bounch Moved to the loft and enjoyed a wonderful nap

Thanks for posting the remodel!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:40 PM   #2259

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Wow Hd, those are some great mods. At first glance, I hardly recognized your coach as being an OTL. You've performed some beautiful customizations that should work well for your family. Are you full-timers?

What does the crib replace, was that the couch or the dinette? I love how you set up the loft for the kids. What is the new floor, are those vinyl planks?

Thanks! Yes, we are full time although we have a place in NC where we stay for the holidays. The crib replaces the couch opposite the wardrobe. The floor was Click lock floating vinyl planks (Asheville Pine from Lowe’s).
Old 01-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #2260

Quote:
OK..really weird. I see the photo on my Desktop PC, but not my tablet

Here it is attached normally:
Attachment 189208

Awesome renovation!!

However, the garage weight capacity is probably only a fraction used, so I would expect in the back, the ride on the highway is very bouncy.
I tried to nap while in-transit on a bunk in our garage once...when the garage was otherwise empty and could not stay in the bed due to the roadway bounch Moved to the loft and enjoyed a wonderful nap

Thanks for posting the remodel!

I can’t attest myself but we just finished a cross country trec from NC to CA and my prego wife and kids napped back there without any issue. My garage is rated for 1,500lbs. I guess with WD, people and storage I’m using 50%of that capacity.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #2261
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I can’t attest myself... My garage is rated for 1,500lbs. I guess with WD, people and storage I’m using 50%of that capacity.
Ahh...that is a big difference. Forgot that the MD had a 1,500lb garage capacity.

I would bet that the bed, storage, flooring and rear wall are almost 50%...add the WD and people, and the ride becomes excellent

Safe Outlaw Travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-20-2018, 07:32 PM   #2262

Mod on bed railing in front.

I have a 2014 37MD. Did not like the way Thor made the front bed railing. So made a new railing to match the rest of decor. Like this look better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_124724.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	189439   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180120_124719.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	189440  

Richardwbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 07:50 PM   #2263
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wow...looks like the slide room fascia. Perfect match

The ladder loops are gone...any problem getting in the bunk?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #2264

Never did use the ladder that come with the Outlaw. It was hard to get out of bed and was hard on feet the way it was made. We are using a 5 foot wooden ladder and built a cover for the stair well when ladder is in use. Not pretty but functional. Much easier to get into and out of bed. Ladder was carried at first to clean windshield.
Richardwbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #2265

Quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/34oz0uina9....56-3.jpg?dl=0

This is my first post. It's a test post to see if my dropbox hosted pictures will display correctly. This is my 2014 37MD Renovation that I just completed. Will post more soon. Thanks for the awesome forum!
Replace the ?dl=0 with ?raw=1 and they will display correctly.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #2266
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Replace the ?dl=0 with ?raw=1 and they will display correctly.
Welcome back

Let's try that...

WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #2267
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well...it's working for now.
But it did last time too
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #2268

Quote:
Well...it's working for now.
But it did last time too

Not working for me, now I just see a broken image icon. Weird. I’m on the app.

Tags
outlaw