Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #2269
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaydaddy View Post
In 2017 we visited 32 states and had a great time on the road. While returning home for the holidays, I decided to do a quick renovation to make it more livable for our family of 4.

Renovations Included:
1. Built wall to close in the garage, including power receptacle for patio use and a pass through storage solution for long items.
2. Built in bed with 3 drawer storage
3. Built in laundry space with 2 laundry shoots for dark and light
4. Added electric fireplace
5. Built in crib for my 13 month old and a 3rd that's on her way in 2018
6. Removed carpet and large bed from loft, replaced with small bed for my 4 year old and more play space
7. Removed sliding door, cased the frame and build in a new stair between living and garage
8. New floors throughout
9. New toilet (dropped bottle of perfume shattered the top of our previous one)

We ran out of time to finish the front of the Outlaw, but hope to tackle that next Christmas when we are back home. Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to post more pics of work being done.
So Awesome...this post is now cataloged on page 1, post 1
Titled "Renovation..."

Thanks for posting
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 12:28 PM   #2270
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardwbrow View Post
I have a 2014 37MD. Did not like the way Thor made the front bed railing. So made a new railing to match the rest of decor. Like this look better.
Beautiful work
This post is now cataloged on page 1, post 1.
Titled "Bunk, overcab...:

Thanks for posting
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #2271
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwaydaddy View Post
In 2017 we visited 32 states and had a great time on the road. While returning home for the holidays, I decided to do a quick renovation to make it more livable for our family of 4.

Renovations Included:
1. Built wall to close in the garage, including power receptacle for patio use and a pass through storage solution for long items.
2. Built in bed with 3 drawer storage
3. Built in laundry space with 2 laundry shoots for dark and light
4. Added electric fireplace
5. Built in crib for my 13 month old and a 3rd that's on her way in 2018
6. Removed carpet and large bed from loft, replaced with small bed for my 4 year old and more play space
7. Removed sliding door, cased the frame and build in a new stair between living and garage
8. New floors throughout
9. New toilet (dropped bottle of perfume shattered the top of our previous one)

We ran out of time to finish the front of the Outlaw, but hope to tackle that next Christmas when we are back home. Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to post more pics of work being done.
Did you know they posted your Mods on the factory Facebook page?
See the time line Jan 12
And they mentioned it at min 32:15 here:

Congrats
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-24-2018, 11:35 PM   #2272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Did you know they posted your Mods on the factory Facebook page?

See the time line Jan 12

And they mentioned it at min 32:15 here:

Congrats

No I didn’t know that. Thank you for sharing!
Highwaydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:54 PM   #2273

Good day to all you Thor Outlaw loving folks out there. Today I started changing out my exterior lights on our toyhauler, 2015 37LS, I went to O’Riley auto for my upgrade in lighting the headlights numbers are 9005 sz/2 and H11 sz/2 they are Xenon HID Attitude. Your marker and blinkers are 3157A Amber LED Sylvania 4 ea. The last one we replaced was the 2 marker lights on the left and right side above the windshield and the 2 on L/R side by the rear wheel wells use white or yellow # 194 LED Sylvania. If you have different year pull the bulb out and go down O’Rileys. They also give military discount just ask. Your looking at about $ 190.00 for what I replaced so far. I hope this help for those that are wanting to be seen.will update when it’s completed.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #2274

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
For those Gen 1 owners, the headlight assembly was "borrowed" from the 1999-2004 Lincoln Navigator. So, the headlight bulb is a 9007/HB5. Just before turning my Outlaw over to her new owner (and my best friend), I installed new LED bulbs in her.

WOW! What a huge difference. Only took ten minutes and most of that was prying off the connectors which were sealed (i.e. glued) to the OEM bulbs. Clipping off and replacing the connectors is likely easier! We drove that night, Larry behind me, and the illumination difference was clearly evident. Highly recommend this upgrade for all Gen 1 owners.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:58 AM   #2275
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Aftermarket Headlights

For 2007 models only - the headlights were sourced from a 1998 Lincoln Navigator.

LED and HID replacement bulbs are available from many outlets...just search with that year/model.

The Headlight body is available in black, crystal and clear (no cat eyes/LED rings that I know of).

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	190108

Name:	download (1).jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	190109

Name:	download (2).jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	190110

Safe Outlaw travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 01-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #2276

Damon Owners Club
Replacement Side Mirror?

Wondering if anyone has had to replace their side mirror(s). Is there a good aftermarket source or should I try to go through Thor? Need a replacement mirror for a 2007 Outlaw 3611 (white). Thanks! Wes
Wes847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #2277
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The original mirrors are Velvac...parts and replacement are very easy.
https://www.velvac.com/where-buy/order-rv-mirrors

No need to call Thor. They will only be re-selling the Velvac.

Other makers? Yes, there are many makers. Pick what you like.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-01-2018, 11:34 PM   #2278

I have started re-caulking the seemingly infinite seams in my 10 year old OTL. I started with the 28 sidewall penetrations. I was never a fan of the clunky and weathered hood range vent, so I replaced it with a different one that is less clunky. Here is the thread I started for guidance: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/side...nt-379266.html

Old 03-02-2018, 12:42 PM   #2279
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Awesome Jeff!!

Post cataloged page 1, post 1

For GenII Outlaw owners...TMC deleted the range hood and vent, replacing it with a fan in the microwave and another roof vent.
New kitchen vent fans (built-in to the microvave) exited cooking odors, smoke, and steam inside the RV and was supposed to be sucked out the roof vent. Just personal opinion...not an upgrade.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #2280

Unhappy Fantastic Fan troubleshooting

We have a new-to-us 2013 Outlaw 3611 LS with 2 fantastic fans. One in the bath and one in the garage. Each has a wall switch labelled "Up" which is not raising/lowering the fan lid when the crank selector is in the auto position and I hear no sound of any lift motor. If I engage the crank selector in the manual position and manually crank the lid open, the fan stars running at the speed set on the knob selector, and when I crank it down, the fan turns off, so basic power supply, fan motor and the lid plunger switch are ok on both fans. The technical info online for the fan is *ahem* rather lacking. Before I start tearing apart the wall switches and the fan units, does anyone have any pointers or history on probable faults to check? Since I am all of 5'3", I would really like to get this fixed before the season starts and I have to climb on a counter or find a ladder every time I want to turn the fans on/off....
Old 03-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #2281
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanjeff View Post
We have a new-to-us 2013 Outlaw 3611 LS with 2 fantastic fans. One in the bath and one in the garage. Each has a wall switch labelled "Up" which is not raising/lowering the fan lid when the crank selector is in the auto position and I hear no sound of any lift motor. If I engage the crank selector in the manual position and manually crank the lid open, the fan stars running at the speed set on the knob selector, and when I crank it down, the fan turns off, so basic power supply, fan motor and the lid plunger switch are ok on both fans. The technical info online for the fan is *ahem* rather lacking. Before I start tearing apart the wall switches and the fan units, does anyone have any pointers or history on probable faults to check? Since I am all of 5'3", I would really like to get this fixed before the season starts and I have to climb on a counter or find a ladder every time I want to turn the fans on/off....
There are 2 motors in these rooftop vans...lift and blower.

The lift motor would cause the failure described, but for both lift motors to fail seems odd. Sometimes the lift motor cannot break the seal on the lid and it stalls...but you can usually hear that stalling on open.

I doubt the wall switch has any issue because it only sends power to the fan as needed (open or close). The actuation of the two motors is done at the fan.

I would first throw both switches on the fan face to ensure there is good connection within the switches.
If no joy, check the fuse at the fan (should be in the fan face)
Then, I would get on a ladder and test for power at the lift fan feed (tester with sharp tip to penetrate the wire insulation.
If there is power, you know the lift motor is dead. If there is no power, then the problem is in the feed line = more complex diagnosis.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 03-10-2018, 08:32 AM   #2282

New guy with stupid question! Why did you go this route as opposed to putting something like underneath supports at the end of the deck? Thank you
ScottnKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw