Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #225

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I did my own. It's just cut the power cord where you want to mount the surge guard and match the wires to the correct lugs. But, for $29 it would be worth having them do it unless your electrical is really easy to get at. You might compare CW's price to Amazon's to make sure they didn't load the device cost to make up for the install special.

I don't own an Outlaw, but you guy's com up with some good ideas. Thanks!
The price at CW is very good right now. I do realize it would be a fairly simple install and may still do it myself but for 29 bucks I am kind of thinking what the heck, let them get their hands dirty.
The CW price for the EMS with remote display is $348 and with built in display is $300 which is about $18 more then Amazon, even used on ebay wasn't far off of that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #226

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Getting ready to install a washer dryer and wanted to know if any of you have the LG 3.6 ft ventless or have heard anything good or bad about it
Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #227

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey all, I am thinking about at least installing the remote myself for the EMS-HW50C Surge Protector and wanted a little advice.
I would like to install the remote where the control panel is for all the other goodies (levels check, slide control, water pump) in the hall. Has anyone ran a wire inside that wall before? I would need to run the wire from there to the electric area where the EMS will be mounted.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #228

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I installed the EMS-HW50C Surge Protector yesterday, took some time to work with the VERY stiff wire but everything went smoothly overall. Going to figure out the best mount for the remote sometime today.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:48 PM   #229
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
I installed the EMS-HW50C Surge Protector yesterday, took some time to work with the VERY stiff wire but everything went smoothly overall...]
Thanks for the post, Scott.

Ummm, what does this thing do...why hard wire, vs. Portable in-line?...does it start the gennie if there's a power outage...?

Inquiring minds want to know

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #230

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One plus about a portable unit is when you sell your RV you can take it with you to your new rig. The main disadvantage to a portable unit is that sometimes they are stolen.

The advantage to using the hard wire over the portable unit is that you have a remote display that can be mounted anywhere and obviously the hard wire type is not something someone would steal. If I had it to do over I would probably just buy the portable unit.

If there is a problem with the line it will not start your generator for you but it will tell you what the problem is with the line via an error code. The EMS connects as soon as your plug-in but has a 15 second delay before actually completing the connection to your coach to make sure everything at the pedestal is to spec.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #231

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Two photos of the EMS remote now that it is installed for easy vision while plugging to a pedestal. Simple 3 inch hinge from Home Depot, some double sided tape and screws to secure it on the door side, double sided tape between the remote and hinge on the other. I will add a strip of velcro to keep the hinge closed when the door is shut.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #232

Haulers with Bunks in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Gone with the legacy 3611 and 3808 is the "Electric Queen Lift bed" that stowed in the Garage overhead. It was not the best, being a full width (side to side) seat/bed that blocked access through the garage.

And while the new 37LS and 37MD are advertised to have a new set-up (aligned front to rear) convertable seating in the garage...Just like the Ramp/Deck, current owners did it first.

Here's some pics of Tony's (GTS) set-up.

Attachment 32631

Attachment 32632

Attachment 32633

For our Canadian neighbors - I read that your RV standards and laws prevent the installation of a "bed" in a toyhauler garage because of the risk of exposure to toxic fumes while sleeping..hence the very cool 3612 (w/ Murphy Bed) was never available there. I don't know the validity of this source, but if it is true, DON'T DO THIS MOD

Here in the US, they just put a sticker on the garage door that says "Do not sleep in this space due to risk of...blah, blah, blah"
Hello Steve,

Your source was I correct. Many haulers and trailers have bunks in the garage. The Outlaws are sold in Canada exactly as they are in the USA. I have had many fun movers dating back to the 90s and many of those had beds in the garage area as well. Same decal warning about the risks as you guys have.

Take Care.
sizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #233

Correction, I meant to type "incorrect " in the above post, not "I correct". Silly iPhone.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #234
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzler View Post
Correction, I meant to type "incorrect " in the above post, not "I correct". Silly iPhone.
But bunks are not dedicated beds...making the garage not really a bedroom. The 3612 was reportedly not sold north of the border for this reason

Maybe the RVDA (Canada's version of the RVIA, right?) says OK to only napping in the garage

Of course all this could be wrong...and it is pretty silly rule if any part of is true.

Thanks for the post...keep'em coming
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #235
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
For anyone wanting to install a fireplace, but didn't want to cut a hole in the wall
See: FEBO Flame

I found that the company that made mine has opened a retail to the public website in Danville, CA:
FEBO Limited
Scroll down the page to the 35" hanging fireplace.

We have no affiliation - it just worked for us.

Safe travels
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning83 View Post
Getting ready to install a washer dryer and wanted to know if any of you have the LG 3.6 ft ventless or have heard anything good or bad about it
Hi,

Just wondering how the washer/dryer install went? Curious on the noise level, water use and time it takes to complete a load?

Take Care
Old 12-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #237

[/URL][/IMG]

So I'm finally installing my 360 vent cover on my OL. Thanks Scott for the advice last month on this, that helped a lot. Good thing I'm in the desert where it rarely rains, because I have sure taken my time. Anyway, a couple of observations:

1: That EPDM rubber roof topper is really thin! Reading all the info on it I just assumed it would be 4-5 mm thick, but it looks to be only 1 mm. I plan to retreat it this spring with that Dicor material, where you place 3-4 coats. That will probably triple the thickness of the material. So do I place that roof sealer right over the Eternabond tape I'm going to seal the 360 vent with?

2: As the above photo shows, there is a lot of exposed wood where the factory cut the roof opening for the vent pipe to emerge. I assume the new and old vent covers are designed to isolate this from moisture, but if I placed some Eternabond tape over that breech before I screw on the vent cover wouldn't that be even better? I've sure read a lot of posts on these forums about roof leaks.

Thanks for reading.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #238

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is shocking how thin the roof material is, I actually put a tiny tear in mine when I was sawing the vent pipe to install the 360. I used some Eternabond to patch it.
Just for your reference the roof material on the Outlaws is TPO not EPDM.
It is nice to see that your wood around your vent pipe is cut to the proper size, mine had a at least 3/4" gap all the way around and then a bunch of bare wood like yours. The pipe would move all over the place on mine. I used spray foam to fill the giant gap and tighten it up plus I hope it helps keep critters out.

Tags
outlaw