Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #2563
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ooooh...nice LED markers

Cataloged on Page 1
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2019, 12:56 AM   #2564

I'll put in a link to those LED front marker lights. Like I stated earlier, the screw holes are 3.3" apart, different from all the other 3" marker lights in my OTL, so they were a little harder to find. The price was certainly low, so I hope they hold up. They came in a six pack, and I dropped one from 13 feet up onto the concrete floor. When I tested it, only 2 of the eight LEDs were still working, so I was grateful to have a spare :thumb
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #2565

Here is a small mod I did this summer. When I had the new carpet installed last spring in the loft, I had accidentally fallen backwards down the stairs and hit my butt on the door knob of the open garage/salon door. This cracked the fiberglass door and bent the knob assembly. I like this door and didn't want to replace it, and I have no experience repairing fiberglass.

So I bought a SS metal veneer from Lowe's that is used for a commercial door for a pushing surface. I bought a new keyed SS knob that fit well from the local Ace Hardware (shown in the first photo with the cracked door). I used metal shears to cut the metal to allow the new knob to fit thru it, and screwed and glued the metal to the door. I am pleased with how it turned out. I like how the new metal matches the metal cabinet and metal baseboards of the garage.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-15-2019, 07:10 AM   #2566

Winter Covers.
Anyone using a RV Cover for their Outlaw? If so, which one. Hard finding one to accommodate 13.3 ft. Highest I could find is 140 inches (11'6").

Thanks
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #2567
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Winter Covers.
Anyone using a RV Cover for their Outlaw? If so, which one. Hard finding one to accommodate 13.3 ft. Highest I could find is 140 inches (11'6").

Thanks
We use a cover for harsh summer conditions. We are on out 3rd cover. The cover sacrifices itself over time.
Winter here is very mild. But we're probably fighting the same symptoms of exposure:
See: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post1681530

Yes, there are a bunch of makers that only go to 126"-140" tall. That just will not work on the Outlaw (or most Diesel coaches). Be sure to check height when you are shopping.

Because of the possible weight of snow or frozen areas from the gutters, you will want to ensure it has a side-door zipper opening for entry without removing the cover.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #2568

Does anyone have knowledge or a picture of the framing in the ramp? Is it wood or aluminum or both? I am trying to attach some metal traction devices similar to what Scarab has done on his. So far using a stud-finder and some educated guessing I am 0 for 3 on finding a stud. I will wait until I get some guidance before putting any more holes in my recently weather-proofed deck
Old 09-17-2019, 04:58 PM   #2569
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jeff,

The ramp we have has a steel frame with plywood top decking under the non-skid and the external coverings you can see. there is foam insulation between the frame voids under the ply deck.

Our traction pads are just screwed into the ply and non-skid deck...mounted with the width need - not looking for frame - since it is never being pulled on.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramp-deck.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	260662

A magnet should help, if yours has the same steel frame.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #2570

Hi all - I started my outlaw yesterday to test the dash AC and the dash fan is not running. It doesn’t even try to turn on. I checked the connectors behind the fan switch and everything looks good. I also checked the fuses but it’s possible I cheked the wrong ones... does anyone know the correct fuses to check or have any other ideas? The fan doesn’t run no matter what setting I have the climate control on (vent, heat, ac, etc). The climate control switch seems to work though, as I can hear the vacuum working that closes the little door behind the fan to recirculate the air (no idea what it’s called...).

Thanks!
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #2571
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
Hi all - I started my outlaw yesterday to test the dash AC and the dash fan is not running. It doesn’t even try to turn on. I checked the connectors behind the fan switch and everything looks good. I also checked the fuses but it’s possible I cheked the wrong ones... does anyone know the correct fuses to check or have any other ideas? The fan doesn’t run no matter what setting I have the climate control on (vent, heat, ac, etc). The climate control switch seems to work though, as I can hear the vacuum working that closes the little door behind the fan to recirculate the air (no idea what it’s called...).

Thanks!
Because the HVAC unit is aftermarket (Evans/Tempcon/etc) the chassis panel doesn't have a fuse marked for IT. But it should be one of the ones marked "Open"
See the labels here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f22/w22-t...tml#post769719

And there might be a in-line fuse specifically for the fan. I would get a current test light and run the circuit starting at the fan.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #2572

Thanks for the reply on the deck framing, Steve. I used a strong magnet and didn't get any results with that, so I just forged ahead without worrying about a stud. But of course I did find one stud by accident. Here is what I mounted to help with traction and provide some rigidity to the decking, these are 4' HandiTreads from Amazon. You can also see I painted some rubberized red paint on the end of the flip board to provide some wear resistance where it contacts pavement, but I don't think it will hold up well. IMG][/IMG]

The stud I found is shown below, measured between 30-31" from the inside of the top aluminum frame box. The 3 light colored screw heads are in the horizontal metal stud.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #2573
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Jeff!

What material did your drill pull for the "stud" up if not steel?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #2574

It was metal, seemed like aluminum. I sunk self-threading screws into it, and a few wood screws into other Handi-Tread holes that came with it. But those stud screws will hold very well

Those Handi-Treads come in 30"sizes also. If I find I like these I may install those further up on the ramp.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #2575

new toilet

Looking to replace the plastic toilet with a residential style, elongated. Does anyone know offhand what will fit? Thank you.
ScottnKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #2576
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottnKat View Post
Looking to replace the plastic toilet with a residential style, elongated. Does anyone know offhand what will fit? Thank you.
Are you considering keeping the WHOLE residential toilet?
They use a gallon to 5 gallons of water to flush, using a goose neck vs a ball valve.

If you just want a bigger and/or ceramic bowl, RV units are plug and play...like:
https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-1981.../dp/B00P3SE4NI

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV

Tags
outlaw