RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2019, 02:20 AM   #2605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Rob has a 2013...that is the transition year from Gen1 to Gen2.
List of Outlaw Owners

Me thinks it is more a 37LS than a 3611. Those batteries and leveling pump/solenoid unit are obviously in a bin...not under the entry Stair and under the hood like our Gen1's have.

The obvious floor plan change, 3611 to 37LS was with the sofa sleeper...the 3611 has the sofa aligned so the fold-up bed can be fully open with the slide in (retracted)...it's frame is touching the kitchen cabinet, but fully opens.
The 37LS moved bits which prevent this, with too much overlap to fully deploy the sleeper sofa with slide in.

Safe Outlaw Travels

Here is my VIN and model #
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170531_113027.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	301.4 KB
ID:	268510  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2019, 07:03 AM   #2606

Wiper and level

Wiper issue on our 2014 37LS. I have tightened the nuts with loc-tite, as found as a solution here, but the passenger blade still overthrows, seems OK at low and intermittent speeds, and then stays all the way to the drivers side. It seems to me like the linkage arm is too long. Has anyone had success fixing this? I know there was a recall but it has supposedly been done.

Also my leveling unit usually says voltage too low when trying to auto level. Says that with the engine and generator running. Is this possibly a ground issue? does anyone know where the ground wire is so I can check it?

Nyrken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:49 PM   #2607
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsauto View Post
So maybe mine is a 37LS ? You know more than I do about them but mine says 3611 on the side of it. Would the VIN number help identify it?
Sorry to confuse...
The model number should be on the exterior wall right by the entry door bar.
2013 saw the creation of Thor Motor Coach and the change of the floorplan names. Before 2013, there was Damon, Four Winds, and Mandalay Luxury Coach...each with a full line of motorhomes. Some overlapping models were ceased and FourWinds became just Class "C" models.

The published floor plan of the LS Outlaw is near identical to the 3611, except for the alignment of the sofa/sleeper and the forward end of the kitchen cabinet. Other small changes, like the leveling master unit have occured separate from the name change as they tweeked the bits over time.

I first discovered the floorplan change at an RV show...looking at a LS, I found the slide had to be extended to fully open the conventional sofa/sleeper. No problem unless you want to stop with the slide staying retracted (Wally-Docking, extreme cold, etc). And, later models had a different style sofa that used less room when in the sleeper position...so it was not a show stopper.

Safe Outlaw Travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 10:14 PM   #2608

Replacing Awning Material

I need to replace the material in our awning. I have a 2013 Outlaw 3611 and the size of the awning is 21 ft X 6' 4"

Is this something that I can do if mechanically inclined? Or should I leave that to the professionals?
Chr0medom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 01:04 AM   #2609

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr0medom3 View Post
I need to replace the material in our awning. I have a 2013 Outlaw 3611 and the size of the awning is 21 ft X 6' 4"

Is this something that I can do if mechanically inclined? Or should I leave that to the professionals?
The RV Geeks have some great videos on how to do this:
https://www.thervgeeks.com/awnings-and-slide-toppers/
Old 12-29-2019, 07:33 AM   #2610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsauto View Post
So maybe mine is a 37LS ? You know more than I do about them but mine says 3611 on the side of it. Would the VIN number help identify it?
We have a 2013 3611 also. Think of it as a Gen 1.5.... The sofa bed can still open while the slide is closed. We only have the 24,000 chassis and we have the fueling station on the single main gas tank.... Those are Gen 1 features. The batteries and leveling hydraulics are in the open basement bay on driver's side just aft of the engine, which is Gen 2. Gen 2 also added the passenger pull out desk and the rear deck feature which 2013 didn't get.
2013 is mostly Gen 1 with just a few Gen 2 features.
joanjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:22 PM   #2611
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr0medom3 View Post

The manual A&E awning fabric replacement is surely a DIY job for the mechanically inclined...but is yours powered?

Scott referenced the RVGeeks. They demonstrate 2 ways of awning fabric replacement in their videos. Most all their videos include having lots of helpers:
For this and lots more, see their YouTube Channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2E...uwQn-uCHl58m_Q

But if you don't have all the help, the manual awning can still be done DIY like shown in this YouTube video:

If yours is powered, I believe you will need at least 1 helper

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #2612
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Worth salvage? Was at CoParts in MI.
Well, someone bought it. Lots of parts could come off of it

Name:	05f3b5f1-2252-4361-9b19-17427b966935.JPG.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	270912

Name:	0c6f06b7-c937-4991-8605-be611456c878.JPG.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	270913

Name:	0e48e3f7-d8be-4ded-8f5b-b79e6f5a17fc.JPG.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	270914

Name:	90db63a9-dff0-4e9c-8241-6eccb0cf83f1.JPG.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	270915

Name:	334c1bab-9a32-45ec-aec1-7c245ddecb0b.JPG.jpg
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	270916

Name:	921def06-2c19-4958-8729-d27d133df570.JPG.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	270917

What I noticed:
*Possibly a partial roll-over...lower front passenger corner took a hard hit (missing wall material).
*There does not appear to be any failure at the side wall-roof joint.
*Both front quarter-panels separated (but the pass side took the lower frame tube with the wall).
*Slide is open at the top (slide-lock was not used, or failed).
*The rear wall came completely off, but the ramp is still attached at the hinge.
*Front facing dinette seating space is intact (possibly safest passenger seat with extra framing of the slide).
*Eurocliner/lounge chair was not restrained.

Opinions/Observations?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-29-2019, 06:02 PM   #2613

Wow, that is a sad and sobering sight. That is a twin of my coach. Can you tell if it's a Ford or WH?

Ya, I never cared for that dumb Eurorecliner footstool. Never brought it along. It was always in the way and there was no way to restrain it.

I wonder if the frontquarterpanelitist was pre-existing, or happened in the accident

I wonder if anything was being transported in the garage, and how that fared.
Old 12-29-2019, 06:47 PM   #2614
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAZ View Post
Wow, that is a sad and sobering sight. That is a twin of my coach. Can you tell if it's a Ford or WH?

Ya, I never cared for that dumb Eurorecliner footstool. Never brought it along. It was always in the way and there was no way to restrain it.

I wonder if the frontquarterpanelitist was pre-existing, or happened in the accident

I wonder if anything was being transported in the garage, and how that fared.
The wreck was a Workhorse W24...from the CoPart ad:
https://www.copart.com/lot/46450607
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 12-31-2019, 10:37 PM   #2615

Other than the drive train and generator, there doesn't look like there is a lot to be salvaged. Door, windows, cabinets?

Tags
outlaw