RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2015, 09:59 PM   #1191

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
TooMoxy,
Apologies...the Happijac bunk would not tuck-away as well in a new Oulaw because of the garage AirCon.
In this photo you can see the aircon. And for Terminex's idea, you can see the space between the bench and window.
This is the MD, but almost identical to the LS:

Attachment 90584
Dumb design location for the air conditioner. I know a 3rd roof A/C with heat pump would of been better a better choice. Would solve the problem of heating the garage, would not block access to the cabinet, would not be hazard for hitting the head on or an eyesore.

Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #1192
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

But, an aircon that high might put the rig over the 13'6" federal highway max.

Our Outlaw is 13'1" at the loft and garage rooftop vent (measured it in a flat parking lot) so a regular rooftop over that would be pretty tall.

Safe travels

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:43 AM   #1193

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon3212 View Post
Focker, I have the 2007 Outlaw and measured for garage door screen today. I would order the 88" x 103" size. I assume that the Velcro tape on the sides attach to the door track. But across the top there would be an offset of about 3" were there is no track. How does the screen account for this change? Or did you Modify the inside?
Thanks
The screen I ordered was 89" x 103" and if I did it over I would have gone 90" for the width. I did attach the velcro to the door tracks. On the top I just put it across with the screen going from the tracks to the roof with an angle. Overall there is only a very small area where bugs could infiltrate, I can take a photo if you would like.
For the bottom of the screen I just got some square 1/2 wood plant stacks and slide them in the sleeves so the bottom stays weighted.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:59 AM   #1194

During our most recent outing I had my first component failure with our 3808 FRED and thought I'd share what I learned and maybe save someone else some time. The fan for the dash AC began making a rubbing noise that got louder with time. Luckily we were almost home so I just shut itoff.

I'm including a picture of what I found when I removed the fan motor blower wheel assembly which is under the dash in front of the passenger seat.

I tried a number of different search methods using Damon Outlaw and Freightliner chassis then just blower motor wheel. I eventually stumbled across the Four Seasons eCatalog (see link below) where I was able to enter the dimensions and characteristics of the damaged blower motor wheel.

eCatalog

Once I had an Everco part number I found one in stock at my local Auto Zone for $15.99. The R&R was really straightforward, the search for the correct part was frustrating. I was tickled to eventually find one waiting for me a couple blocks away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	90975  
Oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldphart View Post

During our most recent outing I had my first component failure with our 3808 FRED
I tried a number of different search methods using Damon Outlaw and Freightliner chassis then just blower motor wheel. I eventually stumbled across the Four Seasons eCatalog (see link below) where I was able to enter the dimensions and characteristics of the damaged blower motor wheel.

eCatalog

Once I had an Everco part number I found one in stock at my local Auto Zone for $15.99. The R&R was really straightforward, the search for the correct part was frustrating. I was tickled to eventually find one waiting for me a couple blocks away.
Thanks for sharing. I added this on my check list for when I purchase my Outlaw !! Up to "15" repair items now…
toomoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #1196

Kitchen Mods

Thought I'd post a few of the things I did in the kitchen area in my effort to make the best of the small space.

The easiest was a hinged cover for the burners on the stove. It's a Camco 43554 universal cover that I bought on Amazon for about $50. It just gives us another flat surface to pile stuff when not using the burners. Our coach has limited counterspace and then I have a portable ice maker that I usually place behind the sink which takes up some of what little there is. This helped.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stove1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	91117   Click image for larger version

Name:	stove2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	91118  

Old 04-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #1197

We were storing the flatware and sharp knives in the same deep and narrow drawer below the sink. Digging around in there was both hazardous and inefficient so I made the drawer two layers. Basically I cut the back of the drawer down 2 1/2" then built and mounted another shallow drawer inside the original. I lost about an inch in width on the new one due to the drawer tracks but it works great. This could be done a number of ways. I just happened to have these tracks and material on hand.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	drawer1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	91119   Click image for larger version

Name:	drawer2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	91120  

Old 04-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #1198

I saw something like this on an episode of Epic RV's and decided to try to make something similar. We were having to carefully pack wine glasses and coffee cups to stop them from clinking each time we moved. Using the table saw I cut T tracks from some scrap wood and notched one side of each at intervals that kept the glasses from touching each other when the stems were in the notches. Then I made the wedged pieces that slide in the top of the track which hold the stems in the notches. I first tried to use the pieces that resulted from cutting the T slots to hold the stems in place by sliding them along the side but it was difficult to get them in place. I eventually found that the pieces sliding in from the top worked best. There was a lot of trial and error before I came up with this but it worked great on our last trip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wine1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	91121   Click image for larger version

Name:	wine2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	91122  

Old 04-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #1199
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Mike (Oldphart)...those are great looking mods!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:50 PM   #1200

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
During our most recent outing I had my first component failure with our 3808 FRED and thought I'd share what I learned and maybe save someone else some time. The fan for the dash AC began making a rubbing noise that got louder with time. Luckily we were almost home so I just shut itoff.

I'm including a picture of what I found when I removed the fan motor blower wheel assembly which is under the dash in front of the passenger seat.

eCatalog

My 3611 Outlaw dash AC (an ACME Product) recently suddenly stopped. Pulled out the fan blower motor located under the passengers feet. The plastic hamster wheel was brittle and broken. The replacement part was obtained from Auto Zone. Manufacturer: VDO Part# BW0302
Old 04-11-2015, 03:57 PM   #1201

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I saw something like this on an episode of Epic RV's and decided to try to make something similar. We were having to carefully pack wine glasses and coffee cups to stop them from clinking each time we moved. Using the table saw I cut T tracks from some scrap wood and notched one side of each at intervals that kept the glasses from touching each other when the stems were in the notches. Then I made the wedged pieces that slide in the top of the track which hold the stems in the notches. I first tried to use the pieces that resulted from cutting the T slots to hold the stems in place by sliding them along the side but it was difficult to get them in place. I eventually found that the pieces sliding in from the top worked best. There was a lot of trial and error before I came up with this but it worked great on our last trip.
To lock the glasses in during travel can be done with a simple small diameter wooden dowel threaded across the front thru drilled holes.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #1202

I added 3 Pit Bull Trailer Restraint Systems to the garage, IMO best way to transport your motorcycle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0209.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	91303  
Guerrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #1203

I chose to bolt at least two bolts of the 4 to the frame, and to the others I added a small bracket. I'm going to keep an eye on the ones with the bracket and if I need to reinforce them I may add 2x4s unless you have a better idea:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0216.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	91304   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0210.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	91305  

Name:	DSC_0217.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	91306  
Old 04-12-2015, 08:42 PM   #1204

Most of the times we transport two sport bikes and two dirt bikes,and sometimes we have three sport bikes.
I wanted to keep as much weight forward as possible:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0238.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	91307   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0233.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	91308