Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 AM   #1373

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The weep holes are in the bottom of the window trim. They are actually slots about a half-inch long and let water pass from the top channel in which the window slides out and down the side. My mirror also vibrated a lot before I added the through bolts. And I've done the wall reattach, as well. See my prior post for that. It made a big difference in the dash not bouncing.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #1374
Mrj

2014 Fueling Station

Hello, my question is regarding the outside fueling station: Are you able to use fueling station when generator is running? Thanks
Mrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #1375

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have on many occasions. It runs on 12v
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:41 AM   #1376

Fueling Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrj View Post
Hello, my question is regarding the outside fueling station: Are you able to use fueling station when generator is running? Thanks
I think it is recommend for everything to be off in the area while filling for safety concerns however it will function. I've used it without problems with and without the generator being on.

Mine will blow the fuse if I have the pump turned on for more than a few seconds without having the trigger pulled. Not sure if there a is a fix for that other than using the electric switch for the pump flow.

Mine also pumps extremely slow, perhaps a gallon in four to five minutes but it does pump.
Skimoriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #1377

What is straight flat 6 wire connector at rear bumper

Previous owner installed a standard 4 pin trailer connector however I am wanting to use the 6 pin version to have a charging wire going to the toad as well as use the heavy duty coiled 6 wire cord. There is a wide, 6 wire connector with internal pins near the receiver that I have to believe is for a trailer connection but I can not seem to find any adaptor online to convert it to the round 6 pin style. Even sent a pic to etrailer and they have never seen it either. I can splice in to it but was hoping for a cleaner install with an adapter.

2012 3611 Outlaw
Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #1378

Is the 4-pin on the Outlaw or the toad? Generally toads have 6-pins and the Outlaw has a 7-pin on the back.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #1379
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Over Door TV

Put the extra TV and a swivel mount on the wall inside the over door cabinet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0486.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	104101

Name:	IMG_0484.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	104102

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	104103

Never really liked my original design...TV on the QM-100f mount on the inside of the door panel.
See: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...ml#post2194128
It was very easy to see if working in the galley, but from the rest of the salon seating, you couldn't see it.

I used the Loft TV I acquired to replace the pre-DTV model...this is a dual power unit (12VDC/120VAC). Fits inside the cabinet when not in use.

Safe Outlaw Mods
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:06 PM   #1380

Black tank flush tank.....
My repair shop started on my 61 waranty items.
Butch Cassidy (our 2015 Outlaw MD) was not back flushing properly. Repair notes state that the pipe was not routed sufficiently which caused a kink.
We check it out after the fix, and it is much better.
OvalSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 03:50 PM   #1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
Is the 4-pin on the Outlaw or the toad? Generally toads have 6-pins and the Outlaw has a 7-pin on the back.
The 4 pin was installed on the RV but I doubt by the factory. The flat 6 wire connector does look like it's from the factory.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #1382

2014 Thor Outlaw leak, right front corner ONLY

I have a 2014 Thor Outlaw. Ever since we have owned it (1 year) we have experienced a leak coming from the passenger-side front roof. It seems to leak down the overhead bunk bed frame, onto the passenger side dash and floor. It is not constant, and the weather does not seem to play a major factor. It drips whether in drought or rain. However, it might go days without dripping, then start again. This would seem to indicate an A/C drainage problem. However, we have experienced it leaking profusely after starting up and moving coach after it's been sitting (no A/C used).

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, and what would you suggest we should do. We've had the coach in, and (of course) it was not leaking at that particular time and therefore they found no leak.
OutlawHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #1383

Cabin drop down bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccallum View Post
I am wading through all the posts in this thread, and I'm slowing making my way forward. I did want to throw out there though that I am one of the lucky legacy owners with the drop-down bed. At some point I talked to someone here about parting with it, but never completed the deal.

Toomoxy, we also use the coach to haul our show dogs, but we have never even considered using the drop-down as it would take too much real estate from our larger dogs (PWDs and Ridgebacks). Did you ever find one to install in your rig? I guess I'm putting mine back out there.

Cheers
Mike
Hi Mike,

Drop down front bed (over the captain's chairs)
Thor said they couldn't do it on my 2008 Fourwinds Windsport
because the wall hardware needed is not in place and would need to go
where the windows are.
Bottom line, no go.

So I will be trying to find a 2014 Thor Outlaw LS to buy in Canada.
It is the first year for the drop down front bed.
(along with party patio)
I have the dogs in the "garage" not cabin area, with the passage way, door open.
My friend sleeps in the garage over the dogs on the queen drop down bed there (she and they snore)

I don't know how to attach a photo but this is my set up…
now I stack the cages and she gets less head room, and has to climb up …LOL
http://www.klaraju.com/picture_libra...ageBeddown.jpg
now I have it set up like this photo and the bed drops down onto the 2nd cage
http://www.klaraju.com/picture_library/Garageloaded.jpg

I hope that answers your question.
toomoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:55 PM   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomoxy View Post
Hi Mike,

Drop down front bed (over the captain's chairs)
Thor said they couldn't do it on my 2008 Fourwinds Windsport
because the wall hardware needed is not in place and would need to go
where the windows are.
Bottom line, no go.

So I will be trying to find a 2014 Thor Outlaw LS to buy in Canada.
It is the first year for the drop down front bed.
(along with party patio)
I have the dogs in the "garage" not cabin area, with the passage way, door open.
My friend sleeps in the garage over the dogs on the queen drop down bed there (she and they snore)

I don't know how to attach a photo but this is my set up…
now I stack the cages and she gets less head room, and has to climb up …LOL
http://www.klaraju.com/picture_libra...ageBeddown.jpg
now I have it set up like this photo and the bed drops down onto the 2nd cage
http://www.klaraju.com/picture_library/Garageloaded.jpg

I hope that answers your question.
Wow. You carry more than we do. I typically have five crates, one larger one on the passenger side for my male PWD or RR.

We are now starting to think about a newer OTL too...
Cheers
Old 08-24-2015, 06:58 AM   #1385

Our RR's are from Kushinda (dark) and Kimani (liver) in the NE. They are cousins though they don't look very similar

Keep in mind the newer Outlaws don't have the drop down bunk in the rear any more, so you lose that by upgrading (if you plan on using both). We only use the rear benches to sit on and let stragglers sleep in at 24-hr mountain bike races. We always talk about taking them out for more room, but haven't needed to yet.
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:51 PM   #1386

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
Our RR's are from Kushinda (dark) and Kimani (liver) in the NE. They are cousins though they don't look very similar

Keep in mind the newer Outlaws don't have the drop down bunk in the rear any more, so you lose that by upgrading (if you plan on using both). We only use the rear benches to sit on and let stragglers sleep in at 24-hr mountain bike races. We always talk about taking them out for more room, but haven't needed to yet.
Mine are from Calico Ridge (my older pets) and Pupukearidge.

We don't use the drop down bed *at all*. If we keep thinking we might upgrade to a newer OTL then I'll stop thinking about letting the bed go outside of the coach. It's a pretty good selling point.
Cheers
Mike

Tags
outlaw