Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #2507

Here is a photo of my rig at my Tempe destination. You can see my newest OUTLAW decal on the driver side. This time I didn't get all the letters lined up perfect, I'll see if it bothers me enough to redo it
[IMG][/IMG]

You can also see the Fantastic vent/fan cover I recently placed over the bathroom. It looks like it has raised the coach's high point quite a bit. I have had this cover for a few years, but lost the hardware, so I never installed it. Then I found Camping World had just the hardware for sale, so I got the kit and installed it. I also replaced the deteriorating vent screen in the loft, pretty inexpensive and easy. I've been pleasantly surprised by being able to buy replacement parts for things like this, I thought I would have to replace the whole vent

I also borrowed a mod from Scarab and placed the nice steel support bar from the entryway and put it on the loft staircase. It has been sitting unused in my garage for a few years, finally got around to putting it here. You can see I also added another fire extinguisher here. Out of the way, but its there if I ever need it (Knock on wood).
[IMG][/IMG]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #2508

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
49,550 miles on the Outlaw so I decided to give it the first full tune up. Plugs were shot and wires had cracks. Original fuel filter still seemed to be flowing better than I expected but of course I changed it too.

Went camping this weekend at Graeagle/Clios. The Workhorse purred like a kitten and got 7.6 mpg, at least 1 mpg better than we normally get so well worth the effort.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #2509
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
49,550 miles on the Outlaw so I decided to give it the first full tune up. Plugs were shot and wires had cracks. Original fuel filter still seemed to be flowing better than I expected but of course I changed it too.

Went camping this weekend at Graeagle/Clios. The Workhorse purred like a kitten and got 7.6 mpg, at least 1 mpg better than we normally get so well worth the effort.
Photos? Specifics on the location/style/part# of the filter?

iRV2 motto: If there's no pics, did it actually happen?

Thanks Scott!!
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #2510

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Photos? Specifics on the location/style/part# of the filter?

iRV2 motto: If there's no pics, did it actually happen?

Thanks Scott!!
The filter is located inside the frame rail just back of the rear shock mount.
I ordered the fuel filter, plugs and wires from Brazels.
Plugs: 41-101 - Iridium Spark Plug For 8.1L
Wires: SPW8100 - UltraPower 8.1L Magnum Spark Plug Wires
Fuel Filter: W8006889 - 2004+ Fuel Filter W / Adapter Kit

Old 05-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #2511

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think you asked for a photo of this before and I hadn't posted it yet, this is the new doors installed under the dinette (had one installed on each side):
Old 06-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #2512

Purchased a 2012 3611 THor Outlaw

I just purchased a 2012 Thor Outlaw Toy Hauler and am trying to find all of the mods hat I need to work on right away. I saw a list on this thread ad want to look that over again.
Chr0medom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #2513
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chr0medom3 View Post
I just purchased a 2012 Thor Outlaw Toy Hauler and am trying to find all of the mods hat I need to work on right away. I saw a list on this thread ad want to look that over again.

I submit that there aren't any mods that are a "need" to make a late model Outlaw work...they have gotten to be pretty nice off the showroom floor. But there are LOTS of mods that are great to have.

Well...for us actually, the trap-door over the salon entry-steps are a "need" 'cuz we have pets, kids, and sometimes a large group in the Outlaw - reduces the fall risk. The factory puts one on the garage steps, but not the salon

See page one for the hyperlinked list.
And, be sure to browse the thread, because I probably missed linking some of the many, many great ideas posted here.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #2514
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
The filter is located inside the frame rail just back of the rear shock mount.
I ordered the fuel filter, plugs and wires from Brazels.
Plugs: 41-101 - Iridium Spark Plug For 8.1L
Wires: SPW8100 - UltraPower 8.1L Magnum Spark Plug Wires
Fuel Filter: W8006889 - 2004+ Fuel Filter W / Adapter Kit

Linked on page 1
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #2515
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I think you asked for a photo of this before and I hadn't posted it yet, this is the new doors installed under the dinette (had one installed on each side):
Linked on page 1
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #2516

Anyone with a 2016 LS or...? Know if I need a Satellite diplexer to hook up portable sat dish to the cable inlet? I will Hdmi from switch box to sat box.
Thanks
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #2517
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You need a diplexer (one on each end) if you intend to send raw SAT and cable TV into the RV over the same coax at the same time.

But, if you just move the input cable from the antenna/cable junction, then no diplexer needed.

Switch box to SAT box? What is that? The output of the SAT receiver is probably HDMI, which goes to a video selector box or directly to the TV.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #2518

Volume on TV

Quote:
Here's a Mod that's been done different ways - Installing a bigger TV in the main room.

I used an off the shelf pivot arm that is made for that sized TV (40") and mounted it to a nice thick plank of wood to spread the load.
Once it was up, even though all the pivot points have tightening hardware, I added a web-strap to keep it away from the slide when retracted.

Attachment 34901

Attachment 34902

We can pivot it left-right and it can even see from both sides of the dinette.
Any one have troubles getting sound high enough to hear when watching tv.I am thinking the speakers on the tv are tucked a bit back into the wall. Suggestions ?
Alaskabev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #2519

Quote:
You need a diplexer (one on each end) if you intend to send raw SAT and cable TV into the RV over the same coax at the same time.

But, if you just move the input cable from the antenna/cable junction, then no diplexer needed.

Switch box to SAT box? What is that? The output of the SAT receiver is probably HDMI, which goes to a video selector box or directly to the TV.

Best luck
Ah, I thought so. I'll add one at the TV Antenna splitter like I did on my last Outlaw. Thanks.
Switch Box = HDMI Spitter Switch
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #2520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online_17 View Post
Ah, I thought so. I'll add one at the TV Antenna splitter like I did on my last Outlaw. Thanks.
Switch Box = HDMI Spitter Switch
I never got a good sat signal via the coax in the power bay, but I also had a bad first dome. I ran a direct wire from outside to the wally. Be aware there is a splitter behind the outside tv that may have caused a problem for my sat signal.

For sound I added a Vizio sound bar below the tv, worked great.
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw