Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #1

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Just came across a fellow extreme sports racer from CA with also a toy tauler at a rest stop here in GA . And get this he had a 2006 THOR Hurricane 362 Hp 5 speed identical to my 06 thor hurricane same unit but his had over 42,300 and I had to see the odometer for myself. My only has 4, 850 miles on it. He stop me to check out my coach first, he wanted to know where to get the custom front bra and matching mirrows covers made.I showed him all the mods and he loved it.
Guess what he had never had any motor problems. Or chassis problems, all stock from factory. Except he uses Synthetic oil every 3,500 miles complete with new oil filter.

That is why I bought my 06 hurricane , 362 HP 5 speed is a very hard to hurt this big bad boy motor.
Anybody else have any kind of motor problems. Please post for all to hear.

george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #2

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Just came across a fellow extreme sports racer from CA with also a toy tauler at a rest stop here in GA . And get this he had a 2006 THOR Hurricane 362 Hp 5 speed identical to my 06 thor hurricane same unit but his had over 42,300 and I had to see the odometer for myself. My only has 4, 850 miles on it. He stop me to check out my coach first, he wanted to know where to get the custom front bra and matching mirrows covers made.I showed him all the mods and he loved it.
Guess what he had never had any motor problems. Or chassis problems, all stock from factory. Except he uses Synthetic oil every 3,500 miles complete with new oil filter.

That is why I bought my 06 hurricane , 362 HP 5 speed is a very hard to hurt this big bad boy motor.
Anybody else have any kind of motor problems. Please post for all to hear.

george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I had 3 f-53's never had a problem with them you should do even better with new engine and 5 speed.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:46 PM   #4

I have always been a Chevy/GMC guy and was a little hesitant going with the Ford chassis on my first motorhome. I have to tell you, I'm very happy I did. The V-10 runs and accelerates absolutely perfectly. I test drove a new Pace Arrow w/Workhorse chassis awhile back and was very disappointed. The WH was very loud during acceleration and the steering had a lot of "play" in it. I am soooooo happy I went with the Ford...

2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
socal114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #5

I have been happy with my v-10 as well. I test drove a Gulfstream and IMHO it drove as well as my Ford but dealer didnt stock workhorse hurricanes.Salesmen tell a lot of tales ,but mine said they sell a lot more Fords,maybe because they run a little cheaper.I am glad I got the Ford,its been problem free.What does it for me is the acceleration.Towing a 4000 lb car it still gets me on the highway pretty quick.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">where to get the custom front bra and matching mirrows covers made.I showed him all the mods and he loved it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The front bra and matching mirrow covers look great in the picture you posted. Can you tell me where to get these?

I would like to see pictures of your other mods.

My 30Q will be delivered any day not. Looking forward to the first trip.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george henry:
Guess what he had never had any motor problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd consider it exceptional if he did have any engine problems in only 42,300 miles. With proper maintenance, modern engines should go well over 200,000 miles before any major issues. The diesels go even farther.