Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #1

Palazzo Water Tank

We pick our Palazzo up in a week - Yea! It is an older model with the 50 gal fresh water tank. I almost told the dealer to order me a new one with the 90 gal tank. However, I contacted Thor and found out that there is a larger tank available and to contact the dealer about installation costs. One dealer (CW in Denver) told me the cost for the tank and installation would be about $1,200. Not sure how accurate this cost is but thought I would post this info so others thinking of not buying the earlier Palazzo models with the 50 gal tank know that they can upgrade if they want to. We plan on starting with the 50 gal and see if it is an issue. There are only two of us so I don't think it should be.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #2

My .02 is try the 50 and see how it goes...you might have gotten a better price because it is an "older" model. I have a 100 gallon tank and seldom fill it more than half and it is not a problem. I nearly bought a 33.1, but gotta see the 33.2 first. A Thor guy said they can not keep up with the demand for this great coach. Tell us about it as you go along. Good luck.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #3

I agree with George, try the 50 gal tank first. I have the 95 gal in my 33.1 and the only time it may be importing is if I was dry camping. I only fill mine half full to have water while traveling between campgrounds.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds
I agree with George, try the 50 gal tank first. I have the 95 gal in my 33.1 and the only time it may be importing is if I was dry camping. I only fill mine half full to have water while traveling between campgrounds.
Your lucky my camper only holds 40 gallons of water
Shads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Hi. Looking into a 2013 33.3. Is it actually 90-110 fresh water from factory? can it be ordered this way? also for Grey can a larger tank be had?

Thanks
NEWOPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My understanding is the current standard is 95 gal. Very limited options, larger grey water is not one.

Jerry
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #7

My understanding is the same as Jerry's. All the new models come with a 95 gal water tank.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #8

Yes, 95 gallon fresh water tank.
George Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #9

Don't forget that extra 45 gallons would be 360 pounds more to carry if you have the tank full.
jrd48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water