Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Past/Present Thor owners! SIGN UP if cracked rear caps on your Thor Motorhome.

I experienced some spontaneous cracks in the rear corners of our 2014 Thor Outlaw 37MD. These happened progressively over a 2 week period while the MH has been continually parked for the winter in our private drive.
There have been no accidents.
I was notified by the Moderator that this seems to be a fairly common and increasing observation by other IRV2-Thor members. I am aware of Thor Industries denying any responsibility for this manufacturing defect.
See these posts:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/2016...ap-373514.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/2016...-373514-6.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/outl...49108-164.html

I am going to take the lead on this, gathering names and info on the circumstances of these events, and I will submit it not only to Thor, but also to the FMCA and other MH magazine, asking for their assistance in resolving an obvious manufacturing flaw.
The list is what will give us clout in pursuing our claims -- even if you resolved the issue yourself with your own time and money!

I will need the following information, which you can send to me by PM or directly by email to syevich@hotmail.com
1. Owner's name
2. Year and model of your Thor
3. Your email address
4. Do you still own the coach?
5. A brief description of the damage and the circumstances of when you noticed the cracking, plus any other relevant information.
6. Did you attempt to contact Thor Industries directly about the cracking? If so, what was their response?
7. Did you attempt to contact a Thor dealer or other RV dealership to address the problem. If so, what was their assessment?

I hope we can get at least 10 people to respond to give some oomph to this issue.

No doubt further details will be required, but I think this is a basic load of info to launch a campaign.

I will report periodically on how this is progressing, as well as in which magazine/s this will be posted, as well as any interactions with Thor Industries.

Feel free to contact me directly with questions. Suggestions and advice are also welcomed.

steve
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2018, 07:07 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Baloo - Thanks for helping with a problem. Taking on a project like this one is time consuming and thankless work. If the bullies start bugging you about your motivation and questioning who you really represent - just ignore them. And thanks for your service.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #3

Baloo, I PMed you with what info we have on the cracks on our 2013 Outlaw 3611 LS.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks like "Noble" is progressing towards some sort of Thor Industries visibility a lot faster than I have been gathering names to run forward.
(see http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/2016...ap-373514.html )

So far, I have had only 2 people provide any info.
I guess the best course of action will be to see what and how Thor resolves Noble's cracks, and then go from there.
I tried contacting Nobel, but he/they did not reply, so obviously, he is thinking he will go it alone.
Strength is in numbers, but it is no longer my game, as we have sold our Outlaw.
):

Tags
motorhome, thor