RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #1

Problems with long slide on XTE 34ST

I have had a number of issues with my 13XTE long slide. I have fixed them all myself and will be glad to offer ideas to people needing help. Problems listed below:

. Front gear motor came out of mounting block, front part of slide would not move.

. Front gear motor track out of alignment and would not engage gear motor. Gear motor skipping the teeth on track.

. Support rollers mounted to the slide on each side of the ref to carry the weight of the ref were not properly mounted. Both were loose and carrying no weight causing the slide to set on the floor and not move. roller guides were installed with screws too short to mount the roller guides to the steel slide frame.

We love our XTE with the long slide, but some of the problems have been madding. The Freightliner Custom Chassis frame and engine are great.

If I can be of any help let me know:

dave9350@earthlink.net

Dave

McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #2

The big slide issues are still a bit out of sync in our 2016 too. Hoping to clear up some of the issues at the October 2017 Rally in Goshen, Indiana. Our big slide works most of the time but with great effort and lots of squeaks and groans and the refridge bounces as the slide struggles to slide out and in. The reset procedure has become an oft required process. I'll update after the Rally.

Tuscany XTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #3

We have the superslide on our 31 foot Thor Quantum. Ours has worked fine since we bought in February. There is a "hesitation" when it starts out and it seems to get easier as it finishes retracting and seems like it settles into a "pocket" that would seem to act as safety to help keep the slide from accidentally deploying in case of a stop failure. It is on my list for the coach's homecoming in late fall. My slide probably gets cycled on average twice a week.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:01 AM   #4

You might look at the rollers that support the ref.,they may be out of round. We use the override all the time as the hall affect is not working on motor no. 1. Please give an update after your meeting.

Dave
McGalliard01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, slide