RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #1

Problems with my 2014 Vegas

- back fenders each side broke because mudflaps rested on them
-mudflap touches exhaust pipe while driving and flap melted
-bathroom door latch doesn't hold door shut in shut position
-vegas stickers on both side bubbling
-no way to connect hose to drain fittings to drain holding tanks, no room for elbow
-no cab a/c
-windshield wipers quit working, stuck in "up" position

I put 1500 miles on it so far, unit is at dealers now for repairs

nextwindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #2

I see Thor is still striving for quality units!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #3

Gosh, I'm thinking of buying one.......hmmm...still searching around to find out what the problems are with them. My last rv was a Monaco Riptide; it was in the shop most of the first summer I bought it....sure do not want to go thru that again. Thanks for the info!
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We bought used Holiday Rambler with 10000 miles...kinks so far seem to be worked out!
diva51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextwindow View Post
- back fenders each side broke because mudflaps rested on them
-mudflap touches exhaust pipe while driving and flap melted
-bathroom door latch doesn't hold door shut in shut position
-vegas stickers on both side bubbling
-no way to connect hose to drain fittings to drain holding tanks, no room for elbow
-no cab a/c
-windshield wipers quit working, stuck in "up" position

I put 1500 miles on it so far, unit is at dealers now for repairs
Everything you listed I went through 3 months ago....taking back to dealer again next week. The dealer can't figure out wiper issue....it might be washer motor issue....blows the fuse
Tambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #6

update: talked with dealer today and was told they just looked at the unit yesterday. our original apt was for 6-23-14. camping world of akron.....im sooo glad 2 plus weeks after I took it in you guys are looking at it. gotcha!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:52 PM   #7

Please let me know if you have all the kinks out.

I have considered purchasing a used RV, just so I do not have to be the one to work all the kinks out myself. However, I must confess, I do not like the thought of purchasing another's "lemon" either as I will not "really" know what I'm purchasing.

At least with a new one, you've got the Warranty. Either way, you pay one way or the other I guess. Time, money or both! LOL!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #8

Good Grief!!!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:03 AM   #9

another update: talked with dealer today. they say they fixed a bunch of things, but they have not fixed the mudflap issue, both the "breaking of the fender" issue and the "melting on the tailpipe" issue. I was told they now had to order new mudflaps and that would take around 2 weeks. not sure why they weren't ordered awhile ago, they have only had the unit since june 23rd. I am being told I have to take the unit myself to a ford dealer for wipers/cab ac problem. I guess ill need to predict a day it wont rain as to not have to use the wipers. dealer told me they were told by thor the water pump is designed to not pump water steady, it was designed to pulse. yeah right! but dealer would be happy to upgrade water pump if I wanted to pay for it.

a side note, I use the name "nextwindow" as most companies now just "pass the buck"

I then called thor and was told most of everything dealer told me was bs.

if either thor or camping world of akron would like to refund our $$, I would just return the unit and be happy.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #10

man oh man have I ever read a ton of THOR issues and camping world in the last 8 months or so.
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #11

Wiper

Replace the 5 amp and your wiper work again, just don't use the washer. It needs to be replaced but your wiper should work fine...I have had issues but all resolved in timely manner by my dealer....dreams rv in florida...I have had many of same issues mudflat etc which was replaced and fine now. I have more than 6000 miles with ownership beginning march 1. Have I had problems? Yes all resolved ....do I have some still? A few but I know my dealer will take care of them...We love our vegas and would not think of living without....the floor is awesome as it works perfect for us. You find a good dealer that knows the vegas or axis and how to service it I think you will change your mind....by the way we still have not brought it back for washer/wiper replacement as we are too busy it..thank you dreams rv from Bradenton fl
Hoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #12

My dealer replaced washer motor and now it works great.....finally...after 3 trips back to dealer

Tambo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas