Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Purchased new 2017 ACE30.3 am I the only one?

I see discussions on other ace models but none on the 30.3. After 5000 miles I have very few issues. Seems to be a decent value for the $. I plan on changing jackknife couch out for recliners, and adding smaller energy efficient AC in bedroom.
RBC2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2017, 02:30 AM   #2

Glad you are liking your 30.3!

Nice floor plan, the commode on the driver's side is a good thing.

Maybe 30.3 owners are too busy camping to post.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #3

I bought an '18 30.3 in September. Found quite a few small issues during PDI and had the hot water heater board fail, but mostly it's been good to go. We only have about 1000 miles and 11 nights camping over three trips (including the out of state purchase), but so far, so good.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have 10,000 miles on my 2017 ACE 30.3 now. Haven’t had any new issues. I tow my 3200 lb toad everywhere we go. The coach seems to handle well with no suspension upgrades being made. Have added the 5star tune and am very happy with the added performance and shift patterns. Will do CHF soon as I get a chance as it’s free and everyone says it further improves drive ability.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:37 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have a 2017 30.1 which differs from the 30.3 only in that the bedroom is rotated 180 degrees. I don't know about differences in storage. In the 30.1 we have a large storage compartment under the bed slide, which I think becomes the outdoor kitchen in a 30.3. Before the 30.1 we had a Keystone Passport trailer with an outdoor kitchen, which I think we used once, and never did use the external refrigerator. So we weren't looking to have a outdoor kitchen in the ACE.

Our ACE has done pretty well. We've put about 6000 miles on it and dolly tow a Mini Cooper S with an American Car Dolly. The only significant problems we've run into is 3 120 VAC circuits that were wired to the wrong breakers, water getting into the furnace and shorting pins on the control board and poorly attached drawer slides. I fixed all of them as they weren't worth the trouble of dealing with CW. We also replaced the Harris batteries with real batteries after the first 6 months. I replaced them with a pair of Interstate 6V batteries. We also had to have Ford reflash the ECM to fix the downshifting problem with the 6 speed transmission.

The ACE has proven to be a fine consumer of disposable income. Adds to date

Safe-T-Plus
Tyron Bands (at delivery)
SuperSteer track bar
Koni Shocks
Garmin RV 760 Navigation
Replaced Mach 1 thermostat with a Honeywell
Replaced OEM blinds and front curtain with blackout curtains DW made.
Made a screen for the rear window
Louvered duct cover for heating duct in bedroom
SeeLevel Level sensors and monitor
Trimetrics Battery Monitor
SC-2030 solar charger (used with a previously owned 100W portable panel)
Added 12V socket at dinette for a lamp we modified to use a 12V LED "bulb"
Added Dynamat and Dynamat Hood Liner to doghouse

Coming attractions

SumoSprings - front and rear
200W solar on roof (probably flexible panels). Eventually 400W
Two more 6V batteries
Recliners to replace couch (leaning toward RecPro)
Permanently installed inverter - probably 1500W. Currently use a 300W portable
Dynamat under driver and passenger floor areas
Replace the main Seiki TV with a real one.
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #6

Very glad to hear that you’re not having many issues with your 30.3. The DW and I are looking at that floor plan and doing research in general on the ace. You mentioned that you have not done any of the suspension and chassis mods and the 30.3 handles well for you? I’ve been looking at the CHF, the sumo springs, etc.. also what kind of MPG do you get?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Since original post I did the CHF it costs nothing to do, I do notice a bit firmer feel when driving. I also installed the 5-Star tune. It really wakes up the V10. I newer have checked gas mileage, I believe it to be 8 to 9 mpg when towing my Jeep. I also jest installed new bilstein shocks. Originals seemed fine just hoping bilsteins will provide smoother ride on pot hole laden roads. Will be testing them out in a couple of weeks on a 500 mile or so trip. Almost forgot I run 82 lbs air in all tires. Hope this info is helpful
Old 04-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #8

Purchased new 2017 ACE30.3 am I the only one?

Very helpful, thanks... Do you have the 6-speed tranny or 5-speed? Seem to have heard that the 6-speed was a 2017 1/2 feature, but wasn’t sure as that came from a salesperson. I also read that on the 2018 models, the outlets connected to the inverter and therefore hot when not running the Genset were the outside fridge and bedside outlet for cpap. None of the TVs, not even the workstation outlet. Can you confirm which 110v outlets are hot on your coach when not plugged in or running the genset?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My 2017 30.3 has the 6 speed trans. I believe all 2017 Models have it. The 110v outlets that are powered thru the inverter are, outside fridge,bedroom TV,outside TV,and the outlet in the flip open desk in front of passenger seat.I don’t know if there is a inverter outlet in bedroom as I have not ever checked.
I was troubled that the living room TV only worked when plugged in or on generator. So I added a inverter outlet under the kitchen sink for TV and another in cabinet above range hood to power DVD player and Direct TV control box I added. Now I can watch living room TV and control my satellite service on inverter power.
I was a bit concerned about battery charging so at the same time I added a 100watt solar panel on roof top to help keep battery’s charged. Oh beware the house battery’s that these coaches come with from factory are not great battery’s. Mine came with Two 12v group 27 battery’s, and you can’t access top of battery’s to fill them with water when needed. I kept original battery’s for first year. Then recently I replaced them with two new Interstate 12v golf cart battery’s with 150Amp Hours each. I also installed a battery watering system at the same time. Battery’s and watering system cost about $500.00 . Those original battery’s were probably only 1/3 the amp hours as my new interstates. If you plan on running outside fridge,TV sets with satellite service , furnace, ect. From inverter and don’t want to run generator all the time to recharge battery’s I would recommend the solar panel and the battery upgrade.

Tags
ace, purchase