Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
We have spent the last two days taking out the tube TV in the front of our Hurricane and preparing the space for the new 22" flat screen. Taking pictures as we progress. If all goes well, will post pictures. If not, I will be very unhappy and never show the mess to anyone (LOL).............Betty
gloriebkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #2

HELP!! I need to know how to put pictures in our postings. We (Gloriebkj and I(Noelj) are doing a custom install of a 22" Digital LCD flatscreen in our '99 Hurricane, I am making pictures of the whole thing, and would like to post them for others when we get finished. So far, it looks like it is a perfect fit and hopefully will look pretty good. I can post pictures to a web site, but have had no luck uploading to the forum. Please reply with suggestions and how-tos.

Noel

Also for others, I have suggestions on what brands of TVs that will work in the space.
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #3

Alright, here is a link to the how to pictures. Feel free to have a look, I will get them uploaded to the photo section later this evening if I can figure out how.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jo...cane?feat=directlink
Old 01-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #4

Nice job!!!

How do you like the Element picture as opposed to Samsung, Sony, Vizio etc and how much was the TV?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #5

I picked the Element over the Vizio mostly for the picture. The vizio was in Walmart connected to a very high quality source, and connected via the really expensive cables. The picture was OK, but not as good as the more expensive ones beside it. We found the Element at Circuit City, the picture was really good on a standard cable hookup, and the price was right at $300. Cost was one of the big factors for the Motor Home, as our input signal is never as good as that at home.

My primary concern was the shape of the TV and the configuration and depth on the back side. I was originally planning to use a plywood wall inside the housing, and then use a wall mount. I wanted connections on the back, speakers on the bottom, and it had to be no more than 24" in width. The Element was a perfect match. However, the way we installed it, we cannot get to the side controls, but with the remote we don't need them anyway.

Noel
Old 01-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Quikduk, Noel will tell you about the TV. I think it turned out quite nice. I am still undecided about that light oak piece under the TV. I thought it would match the color of the dash as close as I could. It actually looks better in person than in the pictures. Another project down. Now what will we do next (LOL)...Betty
gloriebkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #7

PS: I will add another final picture when we get the tools off the dash, and put the topper back over the top of the TV housing
Old 01-10-2009, 06:20 AM   #8

Pictures are now in Photo Gallery under 'johno0230'
Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #9

Added two more pictures to the TV upgrade album to show the completed project. It turned out reeally good. Take a look

Coorrected Link to Photos

edited to fix link per Member request
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #10

Were you able to use the exsisting batwing antennea? How is your reception?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:46 AM   #11

Yes, the digital conversion was one reason we changed the TV. I just connected the TV to the existing cable, and switched the antenna power on. Worked like a charm, both analog and digital. I really like the way this TV handles the digital signal. As you change channels, the digital channels fall right in line with the analog( 7 analog, 7-1 digital, 7-2 digital, 7-3 ditital...). We also have Satellite input, outside cable input, and a DVD which all come through the same cable from my video center cabinet. I am putting in a new link to the pictures, as one of the ones already on here doesn't work for some reason.

Flatscreen TV Install
Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #12

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
I bet it works great and sharp pictures also. Congrats on your new flat TV
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #13

I just bought a 22 inch for my 98 hurricane today. thanks for tips on installing it. I would like to include a dvd in the installation. Not sure how to do that. We use a converter to entertain the famaily while cruising.
Eagle123 is offline   Reply With Quote