Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #15

Thanks for the update Chris. Well done, glad it was that simple. However, I tried the same process you suggested. I was almost excited at the thought of having this radio fixed. No such luck for me. I did check the fuses again (for the 37th time I think) and all the connections, even the elusive reset button, but still nothing.

It is too strange, with the headlights on, the backlights for the various buttons and controls on the radio all illuminate. So there is juice getting to the unit.

I give up.

2007 Chevy Cobalt (5-speed manual)
Skrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #16

The only other thing I did that I didn't mention was pull evey fuse out of it's spot in the fuse panel under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. I did them one by one because I accidently shorted out the cigerette lighters during the attenpt to fix the radio.... don't ask... and couldn't find the proper fuse placement in the manuals so I went fuse by fuse. (which didn't work) If worse comes to worse, get intouch with a tech at Jensen. Anyway, good luck, If I think of anything I'll let you know.

07 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
ocfd_179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #17

Looking for a telephone number to Jensen (ASA Electronics for warranty. I have the same problem , the radio display lights green but the no station displayed

Thanks
Jim
06 Apex
midflajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #18

You could try Lon Ancheta. lancheta at asaelectronics dot com

I do not have a phone number for them though.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #19

My radio in my 2006 Hurricane did not work. Took it to the dealer and it turn out to be a bad radio. Dealer replaces it and no problem.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #20

I think I may be able to shed some light on this. I had the exact same problem, I picked up my unit from storage only to find that the battery was almost dead. Since all power was shut off I thought this was odd and then I heard a whirring sound coming from the CD or tape deck while the radio had lost all power. I thought it was extremely strange given that ALL power was shut off! It turns out the radio has a direct connection to the battery and the only way I could get it to stop was to pull the fuses which I did.

I then called four winds and was told they have had many problems with these radios and the radio was defective and needed to be switched out.

The backlights are tied into the headlight system and not the radio power source.

Hope this helps.
Bluefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #21

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Bluefamily, Welcome to iRV2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #22

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Bluefamily, Welcome to iRV2.com.
I also had the same problem with the CD spinning and no cd inside . ASA electronic are real nice folks and they gave me the OK to remove the radio and to sent it back to them with a authorization RA number for full replacement.
GUYS for the 6 times I have mention this the Jensis vr185 has a 2 yr/24,000 miles warranty. just sent them with the radio a photo copy of the date of purchase on the M/h and last dated mileage report , example the oil charge or service it will show the last mileage and date it was done. Once they received your old damage radio , they will sent you a BRAND NEW in Box jensis Vr185 with all the new updates. . Write down the serial number for your sake keeping and sent it to them certifield resgister mail .
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #23

Finally my radio is working. I saved it up until I had a few other things to get done under warranty too. We were away in New Mexico for a week so it was a good time to leave it with the dealer.

Turns out it was a broken wire. Camping World in Buffalo did an OK job with my list of items. Nothing too major, but the lack of a working radio was really getting to me after a while.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:30 AM   #24

Skrams - Glad to hear you can finally "hear" your radio!! Was the wire broken in the radio or an installed one to the power source? Just curious.

07 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
ocfd_179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #25

It was a wire to the power source that was broken. Worked for a week or two and then back to broken again.

I am taking the MH in next weekend to have that and some other items fixed under warranty.

1. microwave not heating
2. wipers on the three slides not folding correctly therefore allowing rainwater to get inside
3. dash bouncing excessivly causing a CD (when radio is working) to constantly skip and back-up camera to flicker on and off.
4. bedroom slide not extending all the way out