Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2015, 04:33 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsea43 View Post
Well I am glad you have yours. I am having an interesting time trying to get mine! I called Ashley Monday AM and she was very helpful. Took my info and said I would have it within a week.
She never asked for a billing address or zip but I figured she had all she needed so I thanked her and went on my way. I was surprised she had not asked for billing address but she did get the verification code so I let it go!
Next day I noted a charge had not been made against the card and I was concerned they had tried to call me due to a problem and we are ending a volunteer gig in mountains of NC where our cell signal is erratic. So I called Ashley and she assured me my order was in process and no problems!
So tonight still no charge related to this purchase and I really doubt they will send it without charging me first. And we will be leaving here late next week!
I guess I will call tomorrow and give her a new address and plan on propping the door closed again on our next leg of the trip!
I just looked and I still have no charge for it either but mine arrived last night. It was shipped via UPS ground .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2015, 06:36 AM   #16

Thanx again Bigdaddy 5120. I guess I will quit worrying about it and believe what Ashley told me "You will have it within a week". If not I will call her late next week and give her our home address to ship it to.
Have a great day!
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can anyone please post a close-up picture of where this is attached on the fridge frame? This looks like it should work for any residential fridge.
Thanks in advance!
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:35 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Diva View Post
Can anyone please post a close-up picture of where this is attached on the fridge frame? This looks like it should work for any residential fridge.
Thanks in advance!
It attaches to the holes if you were to reverse the door hinges for the door to open the other way.

Not all residential refrigerators have the same size and hole alignment as this one or door handle.

Hope this helps!
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
It attaches to the holes if you were to reverse the door hinges for the door to open the other way.

Not all residential refrigerators have the same size and hole alignment as this one or door handle.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Daveht...that helps a lot. I just ordered mine!
Damon Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsea43 View Post
Thanx again Bigdaddy 5120. I guess I will quit worrying about it and believe what Ashley told me "You will have it within a week". If not I will call her late next week and give her our home address to ship it to.
Have a great day!
The charge just hit my bank account , wow shipping is is through the roof 20.68 for ground . 28.09 was my total for 7.41 part. I hope it works for that price !
Old 11-04-2015, 05:22 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Challenger 37TB but I do have a Whirlpool. This works GREAT. Just so you know. There is a hex head screw at the left side of the cabinet (right hand hinge mount). So to mount the new latch in place of the goofy 4" long screw, remove the hex head screw, place the large hole over the empty screw hole and replace the hex head screw.

Forgot to mention, I went to the local hardware store and bought a #12 x3/4" round head machine screw. I used this in the other hole on the new handle and put it directly into the former hole for the aforementioned goofy 4" long screw.

Done!!!

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:08 AM   #22

bigben,
Thanx for the info. My Whirlpool has one hex head bolt in the two openings. I have been to 2 Ace Hardwares looking for the right size bolt. I did not see any 12 size, both went from #10 to a 5/16, so I will expand my search. In the meantime I am using the hex head to hold it in place but it will loosen in time. When we get back home next week I will search there and sure I will find a #12 by 3/4 in.

bigdaddy5120
Mine arrived as yours did and billed on same day arrived. I used to be in the mailing/shipping business so I decided to see what the real shipping charges were since they seemed so exorbitant.
First I noticed it was shipped by Thor Motor Coach, Parts Department. So this was a drop shipment for Total Value RV. The public UPS charge would have been $9.13 for this 5.7 oz package (yours was apparently a little further then mine since your total charge was about $4 more then mine). They could have shipped it Priority US Mail for $5.05 and and the USPS would have supplied the box and tracking info. But, UPS can make special deals with customers so Thor may very well have paid UPS less then the $9.13 retail charge. In my case the shipping and handling was $14.88 which seems pretty high for a 10 min job! But, am I going to sell my coach and never darken the Thor door again over this - probably not! Also, the charge was made by Total Value RV so they probably added their share to the "handling charge" rightfully so since Thor does not sell to the retail trade.

Oh, well - on to the next challenge of RV ownership!
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Pics of the lock.

Some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RefrigLatch.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	111161   Click image for larger version

Name:	RefrigLatch2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	111162  

Old 11-04-2015, 04:49 PM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
bobsea43 - gotta say I looked and looked and looked some more. The #12 machine screw is a rare one. It took me about 20 minutes to find it in the hardware store. The young clerk gave up but I kept looking. The problem (IMO) is that the sizes go from a #10 to 1/4". BUT IT IS A #12.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Different mfg, but trying to help:
This is what we have on our Monaco and it works well !
Old 11-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Thor sent me one of those at first, but the Thor representative that was sent to do the work on my slide said it was the wrong latch for a residential fridge. If you have that on a residential, I'd like to see how it was installed.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
John boy...this is the lock many RV mfrs are using. But the question is how to also keep the freezer drawer closed?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator