Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2018, 08:01 AM   #1

Regrets

Thor, my piece of crap. Please take my trade as I'm done dealing with my Challenger I bought new in 2016. 16 shops, still wrong, rear cap removed and set wrong during repair at factory. Lots of stories by the ----------- staff in the warranty dept. Own up to this crooked POS!
I ignored similar post, you shouldn't
Regrets!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
OK point made. Why not contact a lawyer?
Old 09-30-2018, 08:11 AM   #3

Write a detailed letter of issues and non-resolution and send in to Motorhome Magazine. They seem to get some action when all else has failed.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by momdoc View Post
OK point made. Why not contact a lawyer?

Yea, there are tons on television.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:48 AM   #5

I traded my 2009 damon daybreak pos 2 yrs ago for a holiday rambler six yrs older and have never looked back
Old 09-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #6

Traded my 2016 thor hurricane 35c for a 2008 newmar 3910 took a hit but unloading it was the best decision.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:49 AM   #7

So, what type of issues are you still having?
16 shops can't fix? the same issue?
Rear cap being removed - that's significant.
More details needed.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

I have three issues.
1, The thrust angle is severe. It makes it so the front of my coach drives straight and the back of the coach follows over to the right 6 inches. This is made visually worse by the fact the house isnt straight and curves to the right.
2, The big slide favors to the right and rips off the body molding from time to time.
3, My motorhome purchase turned out to be a 2-1/2 year part-time job of fixes, stress and dealing with inept Thor warranty staff.
Marc DeNardo
Old 09-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #9

Hi Marc, the thrust angle (dog tailing?) is the rear axle alignment and a very easy thing for a decent alignment mechanic to diagnose. Six inches???that is huge. Dog tailing is usually measured in a 1/4 of an inch. That would mean your front in in one lane, and the rear across the line in the other lane.

Not sure about the slide but I can't believe that is a non fixable issue.

The house not straight? Wow...that's a problem. So, if you run a laser / straightedge down the side...the body is curved significantly? like a banana on both sides or one? So, if the laser is on body front and back...how much belly is there worse area? And same measurement on the other side? that's a buy back. And, dependent on what the root cause is, can certainly affect the slide and the dog tailing. Are you sure this wasn't wrecked prior? You bought it new? Sure you aren't making it a bigger issue than it currently is because you are so upset with it?

Too bad you are so far from me. I would have looked at that one. None of those issues should be difficult to diagnose. Not easy to fix...but easy to understand what's going on.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:34 PM   #10

Lemon Law extends to motorhomes.

Document your service calls and number of days out of service (per service order sign-in and sign-out).

Document the failures or repairs and number of times to effect repair.

Submit the paperwork to the dealer, manufacturer, your secretary of State, etc.

I did this for a car and got great support - and an offer to replace or buyout (cash with reasonable discount for mileage of the car).

You CAN get most of your money back.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:55 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo View Post
Lemon Law extends to motorhomes.

Document your service calls and number of days out of service (per service order sign-in and sign-out).

Document the failures or repairs and number of times to effect repair.

Submit the paperwork to the dealer, manufacturer, your secretary of State, etc.

I did this for a car and got great support - and an offer to replace or buyout (cash with reasonable discount for mileage of the car).

You CAN get most of your money back.
Very few lemon laws apply to motorhomes. It completely depends on the laws in the owners state.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:24 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdohc View Post
Thor, my piece of crap. Please take my trade as I'm done dealing with my Challenger I bought new in 2016. 16 shops, still wrong, rear cap removed and set wrong during repair at factory. Lots of stories by the ----------- staff in the warranty dept. Own up to this crooked POS!
I ignored similar post, you shouldn't
Regrets!!
So sorry to hear this. My sister and BIL had the same experience with a 2016 Thor motorhome. Numerous trips to the dealer, 4 trips to the factory for repairs (from Georgia) and 9 months of misery later, they took a bath on that junk and traded it on a Newmar.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #13

Thor. That pretty much says it all.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdohc View Post
I have three issues.
1, The thrust angle is severe. It makes it so the front of my coach drives straight and the back of the coach follows over to the right 6 inches. This is made visually worse by the fact the house isnt straight and curves to the right.
2, The big slide favors to the right and rips off the body molding from time to time.
3, My motorhome purchase turned out to be a 2-1/2 year part-time job of fixes, stress and dealing with inept Thor warranty staff.
Marc DeNardo
I don't know if this helps, but the The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act may be what will help if you've had 3 unsuccessful repairs for the same issue. I successfully got money back from Ford for chassis problems that couldn't be resolved. Don't know if you'd want to pursue this, but I used a Lemon Law specialty firm that took this on for free - as a part of the Masnuson Moss Warranty Act - and they asked for my records and correspondence, contacted Ford, and kept me informed of the progress until settlement.

good luck with whatever you decide

best

Dave
Closed Thread