Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Road trip!

It is going to be close to 70 this weekend but instead of going somewhere then we are packing to go to the Keys for at least two weeks. How about some of you Palazzo owners come on down too! We are staying at the Jolly Roger on Marathon starting the 18th. BTW it is predicted to be cold at home starting about that time. Talk about perfect timing....
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #2

Wrong direction this winter. Leaving for McKinney Tx on Monday then on to Az for 30 days
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Wrong direction this winter. Leaving for McKinney Tx on Monday then on to Az for 30 days
Is someone getting MCD shades?
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #4

Getting measured for cockpit shades. Don't care for the folding ones
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #5

I have a bed above our cockpit seats that retracts up against the ceiling. Going to take some special shades to get fit right . If it can even be done. They have not done one yet. Will see Tuesday. Ha
Old 01-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
It is going to be close to 70 this weekend but instead of going somewhere then we are packing to go to the Keys for at least two weeks. How about some of you Palazzo owners come on down too! We are staying at the Jolly Roger on Marathon starting the 18th. BTW it is predicted to be cold at home starting about that time. Talk about perfect timing....
Headed south next month but not that far south. Safe travels!
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Headed south next month but not that far south. Safe travels!
Jack,

Will you be coming down I-85 through NC when you go to Gaffney? If so when are you going? We are just off I-85 and may be home when you go. Would like to meet you if it works out.

Gary
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Jack,

Will you be coming down I-85 through NC when you go to Gaffney? If so when are you going? We are just off I-85 and may be home when you go. Would like to meet you if it works out.

Gary
Gary,

We need to be in Gaffney Monday morning the 11th. We will be traveling south on 75 to Knoxville (stopping for 2 days) then catch 40 over to 85 and up to Gaffney. After we are finished at Freightliner (planning up to 3 days) we will travel north to Summerfield NC (Northwest of Greensboro) to visit a brother-in-law and then head south to Florida. My guess we will depart for Florida around the 18th but no firm schedule.

It would appear that we will be passing near Jamestown going to and/or from Summerfield and it would be nice to meet up if this fits in your schedule?

Jack
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Gary,

We need to be in Gaffney Monday morning the 11th. We will be traveling south on 75 to Knoxville (stopping for 2 days) then catch 40 over to 85 and up to Gaffney. After we are finished at Freightliner (planning up to 3 days) we will travel north to Summerfield NC (Northwest of Greensboro) to visit a brother-in-law and then head south to Florida. My guess we will depart for Florida around the 18th but no firm schedule.

It would appear that we will be passing near Jamestown going to and/or from Summerfield and it would be nice to meet up if this fits in your schedule?

Jack
Our plans are to be at the Jolly Roger on Mzrathon for two weeks starting 1/18. After that we don't have any concrete plans. We will either head home or head to another place. We should be home in time to get with you when you are in the area.

One thing you may want to consider is from Knoxville is to go East on 40 and then to go South on I-26 out of Asheville toward Greenville/Spartanburg and then go North on 85. It may be quicker for you that way. Another option is to take 40 East to I-77 South out of Statesville toward Charlotte. That will take you to 85 South to Gaffney. Or take US 321 out of Hickory South toward Gastonia and then South on 85 to Gaffney.

All of those routes will be shorter than taking 40 to I-85 and then South to Gaffney.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Our plans are to be at the Jolly Roger on Mzrathon for two weeks starting 1/18. After that we don't have any concrete plans. We will either head home or head to another place. We should be home in time to get with you when you are in the area.

One thing you may want to consider is from Knoxville is to go East on 40 and then to go South on I-26 out of Asheville toward Greenville/Spartanburg and then go North on 85. It may be quicker for you that way. Another option is to take 40 East to I-77 South out of Statesville toward Charlotte. That will take you to 85 South to Gaffney. Or take US 321 out of Hickory South toward Gastonia and then South on 85 to Gaffney.

All of those routes will be shorter than taking 40 to I-85 and then South to Gaffney.
Gary,

I just double checked my routing and it had me routed per your suggestion above. I will stay in touch with my travels and hopefully our schedules will line up and we can get together.

Thanks for suggesting this!

Jack
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Traveling South sounds like a great thing to do this time of year but work calls!
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
I have a bed above our cockpit seats that retracts up against the ceiling. Going to take some special shades to get fit right . If it can even be done. They have not done one yet. Will see Tuesday. Ha
I am considering a jaunt over to McKinney (from Las Vegas, NV) for MCD Shades. Please let me know how your experience was for the week at MCD.
Oscar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Gary,

I just double checked my routing and it had me routed per your suggestion above. I will stay in touch with my travels and hopefully our schedules will line up and we can get together.

Thanks for suggesting this!

Jack
Jack,

You may want to wait until you get into SC before filling up with diesel. It is cheaper there than in NC.

Gary
Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Jack,

You may want to wait until you get into SC before filling up with diesel. It is cheaper there than in NC.

Gary
Gary,

Thanks for the heads up! I am full now so I have enough to get to Gaffney and I will top off before I head towards NC.

Jack