RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #1

RVComfort.zc

Having a nightmare with a/c here. Not good in Houston at 100 F plus!

After around 15 minutes or so our thermostat RVComfort.zc shows an actual temperature of 00. Sure enough after enough lag time - 2 mins - the a/c switches off as 00 F is below the 72 F set point,

I read on line that this used to be an issue a couple of years ago but haven't seem anything similar more recently. Anyone else experienced this and how did you fix it? The fix used to be to switch the 12v power to the thermostat off for anything up to 15 minutes. This does work but the issue happens again after 10 more minutes or so.

The one thing I need is a reliable air conditioning system!

Thanks

RickK54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
RVComfort.zc

RickK54,
I also had this problem, fought it for 2+ years. I finally found "my" solution, here on this site. It is called a choke filter.
Heat/AC Thermostat Thermometer Reads 00
This is were I got the info I used from 2009 I think. I searched on e-bay and found the item for $25...out of stock. I went to 3 different dealers finally had one order the part from Coleman ( the Fleetwood part was 3 times the price at a Fleetwood dealer). It was $53 + S&H. On the package it came in from Coleman it has:
8330-3301, CHOKE ADAPTOR, RV PRODUCTS, Wichita, KS USA
From what I further investigated, the actual issue is "dirty" voltage due to florescence light starters, phone or i-pad chargers, battery chargers...anything that may fluctuate voltage on the coach. pull the Thmst, has a plug, filter is a male-female plug with a rheostat. Good luck!

racepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:50 AM   #3

Thanks so much for your informative reply. I have now bought s choke which should be here by August 5th.

I thought after switching out the thermostat that we'd got it sorted. We're currently moving out of a house to go full time and have had the coach at an RV park in Houston for over a week without us living there. The a/c stayed on all that time. Sure enough the second night we were sleeping in it the mayhem returned. As you mention it must be stray voltage effects. Hopefully the choke will stop this nonsense.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #4

We just experienced this "00" phenomenon on our RVComfort.zc and, thanks to this thread, were able to quickly diagnose the issue as a newly installed 12v ceiling fan that has a remote control. It is apparently introducing dirty voltage and as soon as we turn off power to the fan, the 00 issue disappears. We are very grateful that iRV2 was once again able to help us solve a mystery that could have been needlessly expensive!
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #5

Great you were able to track it down to the fan! I would also recommend the choke. It took me 15 mins to install and the problem was solved
Old 07-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #6

We knew about the choke option, but we were concerned about the other 12v items (GPS, TPMS, dashcam...) in the coach that the choke wouldn't help.
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a thread where I posted a photo of the choke filter for those who haven't seen one.

Fluorescent light interference

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #8

This forum is the greatest thing we have discovered in our 40+ years of RVing. We were all You guys are lifesavers! Thank you.

dginger is offline   Reply With Quote