RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #1

Shake down trip with ACE

Thought I posted this Monday. Basically a good trip. White River below BullShoals lake northern arkansas was great. Learned several things; Don't brown roast on stove without opening additional source of ventilation along with venthood. Smoke alarm very loud at 5:30a.m. Solid red light on the propane detector in bed room does not mean that you will die in your sleep or be blown up. While driving I have a loud and obnoxious knocking in the wall behind me, like a screwdriver or wrench was left in the wall. Probably something to do with the slideout. Backup camera kept shutting off and coming back on when it wanted to so an obvious short. Speaker in ceiling behind DW has a short in it. Cabinet hinges above sink are now loose. City water connection leaks even though not connected to water. I have had several recommendations to correct this problem. Basically a great trip and very pleased with ACE. More later

ToledoCharli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:58 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
"While driving I have a loud and obnoxious knocking in the wall behind me, like a screwdriver or wrench was left in the wall. Probably something to do with the slideout."

I have this same annoying knock. I haven't tried to figure it out yet. If anyone else had this problem, please post your solution.

gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I noticed it too. It sounds like tension rods flexing while driving. It is high up behind the drivers seat nearest the wall and slide out.
I think ToledoCharli spoke of installing a brace between the wall of the slide-out and the seat platform. That places tension on the slide-out and requires removal and re-installation between stops. If we could adjust the tension of the rails by loosening the rails, applying the tension, then re-tightening the rails. Doing this might keep us from having to use the brace all the time.
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
At higher speeds and cross-winds my drivers-side window rattles. Gentle pressure on the pane stops the rattle. I think a bead of silicone between the pane and window will stop it.
ShadowT is offline   Reply With Quote