Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #1

Super C Tire Pressures?

Sometimes it seems the simplest things get more complicated when you enter the world of RV’ing. Case in point...tire pressures.

I just bought TireMinder TPMS system for my new 2017 Four Winds 35SD. Current pressures are in the mid 70 psi range. I checked the door plate and it calls for 95psi for fronts and 110psi for rears. So I started to look online for what others are saying. Very confusing to a non engineer.

May I ask what others with this unit are running? For the record, I have Continental 19.5” tires with truck tires up front and radials on the back. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Capnsteve60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I hope all your tires are ALL radials and not bias ply in front and radial in back. No good tire shop would allow that.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #3

Go by the sticker that you got the pressures from.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #4

I use ratings on the tire...cold
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I hope all your tires are ALL radials and not bias ply in front and radial in back. No good tire shop would allow that.

It seems crazy to me, but that’s the way it came from the factory.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Go by the sticker that you got the pressures from.

Thank you.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
I use ratings on the tire...cold

That makes sense to me, but a lot of folks seem to disagree. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #8

The correct inflation pressures for Original Equipment tires is on the tire placard/certification label. You should also check the vehicle owner's manual to see if there are any circumstances or special conditions that would require inflation pressure manipulations above the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations.
FastEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
For the OP, keep in mind that any references to federal documents or industry standards that may appear do not apply to the end users. All of that is for the manufacturers producing the RV's.

The best thing you can do in regards to your tires is to get your rig weighed. four corners is best but at least the individual axles. Reference your weights to the tire company load inflation charts. Best recommendation is to add 10% more air pressure and you should be good to go.

Keith
kedanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Additionally, the pressure listed on the vehicle placard/certification assumes that the vehicle is at its maximum weight. Most RV's are not at the maximum. For proper handling and tire wear it is important to weigh the vehicle and set pressures as listed in the tire manufacturers inflation chart. In most cases involving self propelled RV's such as class A's and C's, that will be lower than what is listed on the certification label.

Keith
kedanie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure