Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2017, 05:55 AM   #1

Things that still make me lol about the design of my ACE.

Whoever decided to place the rear head unit right next to the bed? I am still after all these years trying to understand the value of the placement.
Whenever in use, I need to lay across the bed to adjust it. And at night the display is so bright I need to place a pillow in front of it to sleep. In the hallway near the control panel would've been such a better placement. Kinda common sense, no?

The pet tie down point- on the roadside opposite of where everyone is sitting. Likewise on the same side as the sewage, water, and electrical hookups. ????

Whoever placed the t.p. holder where it is at obviously does not have teenage boys. Lets say the toilet paper needs to be stored higher to keep it dry. Same with the towel holder and mirror. I'm all for equal rights. But the bathroom was designed more for someone 4'10" than 6'3". Well except for the toilet. That's when it is nice to be 6'3". I'm the only one whose feet touches when seated. My wife prefers to use the campground facilities.

Another sidenote- with the massive dash why not design some cupholders, bins, cellphone holders as most modern SUV's currently have? It would be nice to be able to keep sunglasses, cellphones, spare change, drinks, etc up on the dash and not down low on the floor where ones needs to take their eyes off the road to access.

These are a few things we all notice while camping each time. I know there are other small points of irritation. But we always comment that those are the small magical nuances that makes our ACE an ACE.

We do receive a lot of enjoyment out of ours and so far she has been pretty darn good to us though.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 06:45 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Which model and year is your A.C.E.?
plotlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotlot View Post
Which model and year is your A.C.E.?

In his sig: 2015 Thor ACE EVO30.1
Old 06-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
I couldn't agree more with the remarks about the Ace I have a Ace 30.1 2015 and know what you mean . I do know you can turn the blue light from the radio off. I've done it after getting tried of putting a pillow to block the blue LED a few nights .
Gfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
Whoever placed the t.p. holder where it is at obviously does not have teenage boys. Lets say the toilet paper needs to be stored higher to keep it dry. Same with the towel holder and mirror. I'm all for equal rights. But the bathroom was designed more for someone 4'10" than 6'3". Well except for the toilet. That's when it is nice to be 6'3". I'm the only one whose feet touches when seated. My wife prefers to use the campground facilities.
lucky I only have girls but have had the issue with myself...and fixed it before they noticed....

my wife's biggest complain is the bathroom fan not having a switch.. she is on the shorter side..I will be modifying this soon....

Tags
ace