Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Thor 29.2 headlight change

I just discovered that my left headlight is out. I investigated by taking the rubber inspection shield off but even with a mirror & flashlight I couldn't manage to remove the bulb because of its location. Two questions: anyone done this w/o removing the wheel (just turn the wheel?) and what bulb number is it?
Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No experience on our end, but when you figure it out, please post your answers!
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
I just got back from the Myrtle Beach Camping World...
A tech investigated & found that the left headlight wouldn't work UNLESS the brights were on. However, when the brights were on the RIGHT headlight wouldn't work!! There must, then, be an electrical problem and he said that I'd have to leave it for at least a day. I couldn't leave it. Our trip from northern MI exposed HaRVey to several hundred miles of salt spray so back at the site I sprayed all the wires & backs of the lights with water to remove any salt that could cause a short. I left the rig to bake in the sun for more than an hour and tried the lights again. No change. VERY frustrating!
You electrical whizzes out there...any ideas?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #4

couple areas to look is the light relays... exchange it with another relay from the relay rack to test it out. Use contact cleaner on the plugs behind the bulbs and all the associated connectors, look out for bad connections. It can also be the light switch/stalk to switch from low/high beam. The light bulbs themselves might be culprit, exchange them around to see what the affects are...
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
wall-eyed ACE, new A/C, broken macerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Joe View Post
I just got back from the Myrtle Beach Camping World...
A tech investigated & found that the left headlight wouldn't work UNLESS the brights were on. However, when the brights were on the RIGHT headlight wouldn't work!! There must, then, be an electrical problem and he said that I'd have to leave it for at least a day. I couldn't leave it. Our trip from northern MI exposed HaRVey to several hundred miles of salt spray so back at the site I sprayed all the wires & backs of the lights with water to remove any salt that could cause a short. I left the rig to bake in the sun for more than an hour and tried the lights again. No change. VERY frustrating!
You electrical whizzes out there...any ideas?
Update of headlight problem:
On the way to the Keys I stopped at a Ford dealer who diagnosed the headlight problem as short between the headlight (Thor) and the connector block (Ford) probably caused by road salt(water) getting between the two--both parts needed replacement. The connector part number was found but couldn't be located locally. The service/parts director even ran down the Thor part number and had it overnighted to an RV dealer to be replaced the next day at my destination. The headlight was replaced but NOT ALIGNED.
BTW, my air conditioner also died soon after the headlight issue and was replaced while at the RV dealer.
I called in & ordered the Ford part at a dealer on our route back north and it was replaced. The headlight now works but is misaimed(wall-eyed).
On the way north & one night from home the macerator quit--upon inspection (what a job in 18 degrees), the macerator part turns but impeller won't pump. We had to buy a stinky slinky to dump before the waste turned into a frozen mass. It will be a while before I can inspect macerator further as it's in the teens up here.
Bottom line--owners of ACE: put dielectric grease in both of headlight/connector joints (2 on each side) to keep salt water out.
Sorry about the long post. Harry
Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #6

Sorry Harry, when it rains it pours as they say. First I've heard of an ac fail, the macerator seems to be a recurring issue though. Bummer...
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Man, how did you get a stinky slinky to attach to your direct from the black tank coupler? The angle seems to low to the floor to put any adaptor in.
plotlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
You're correct about the coupler being close to the floor. I wrestled it off and then carved part of the particle board it's mounted to down to make it easier to recouple--works great now. I still haven't bought a macerater rebuild kit as a spare. (suspenders AND a belt)

Tags
thor