Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by XProfPete View Post
My macerator has been working ok, but it blows fuses like crazy! I've owned it since April, & love the ACE, but can't find info on the fuses or the macerator itself. It's as though 15 amps just won't do the trick.

I did leave a message (today) for Thor, as my dealer suggests I look in the owners' manual... It's not there!

Any ideas?

Thanks
I have an after market I installed and it said to use a 20 amp fuse
muz newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #30

Trying to figure a way to install a y in the sewer line with a valve in case I have trouble with the pump we already had a session with baby wipes. Note inform your guest about toilet rules.
tcsgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #31
YC1

20 amp fuse should be used or you will just need stock in the 15 amp fuse company. Been running them for over ten years. Just rebuilt a used one for my brother. They are easy to overhaul. Finding the kit number can be a pain. There is a part number on the impeller that led me to a nice rebuild kit for about $20.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #32

For those blowing macerator fuses, I believe the recommended fuse is a 20amp even though Thor seems to install 15amp fuses on it. Change to a 20amp and you will probably not have any more problems.

We had problems with our ACE macerator clogging up a lot. Our service facility contacted the macerator manufacturer and they replaced it with a more powerful macerator. No more problems.
chogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #33

I'm curious what model they replaced your macerator pump with, as the Flowjet literature only lists a two 12 v versions for RV use with apparently the same power.

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/F100-087.pdf

Model| Inlet| gpm@ 10ft (3m) (lpm)| Volts |Amps Fuse/ Breaker
18550 000| RV 3” x Hose barb| 13/49 |12 dc| 16/20
18550 100 |RV 3” x Garden hose| 13/49 |12 dc| 16/20
FredKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredKate View Post
I'm curious what model they replaced your macerator pump with, as the Flowjet literature only lists a two 12 v versions for RV use with apparently the same power.

My coach is in the shop right now trying to get my condensation issues resolved. I'll check this weekend and see if I can find a model number on it.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Just fyi, on my ACE 29.1, the 12v fuse panel on the Converter box was not labelled at all, and the labels on the 120v breakers were all wrong.
Does anyone have semantics on the 29.1? I would be interested.
Thanks in advance.
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
My coach is in the shop right now trying to get my condensation issues resolved. I'll check this weekend and see if I can find a model number on it.
What is your condensation issue? We have a strange drip in our 29.2 from the top center and top driver's side windshield when it is humid and the temperature drops below freezing and then warms up. We get 40-50 drips and it then stops. It appears to be coming around the windshield molding somehow. No leaks in the rain, even when driving at speed.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormleys View Post

What is your condensation issue? We have a strange drip in our 29.2 from the top center and top driver's side windshield when it is humid and the temperature drops below freezing and then warms up. We get 40-50 drips and it then stops. It appears to be coming around the windshield molding somehow. No leaks in the rain, even when driving at speed.
Check out the thread entitled "ACE Condensation". It fully describes my problem and even has a posted video of the dripping. We have identified the issue but are still fighting with Thor to fix it.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredKate View Post

We got our coach back for our weekend outing. Here is the information on our new macerator:

FloJet Model 18550000A
12 Volts, 16 Amps
13 GPM

Notice that it draws 16 amps. That is why it blows the 15amp fuses that Thor puts in. Switch to 20amp and you should have no more problems.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogard View Post
We got our coach back for our weekend outing. Here is the information on our new macerator:

FloJet Model 18550000A
12 Volts, 16 Amps
13 GPM

Notice that it draws 16 amps. That is why it blows the 15amp fuses that Thor puts in. Switch to 20amp and you should have no more problems.
Thanks. I really didn't have a problem with my macerator, but was just curious if there was an upgrade available. This is the same model as the original pump, not a more powerful one as you first suggested in you earlier post.
FredKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #40

Perhaps I just had a bad pump originally then. The new one seems to be more powerful and I haven't had a problem since it was replaced.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by XProfPete View Post
Mr. Sauer got back to me quickly with some info. He sent a full schematic for the 29.2, along with specifics on what each fuse deals with. I noticed that the macerator fuse was listed in #9, with an empty slot in #6. That "empty" fuse slot is what was going out when the macerator quit. Further, on the schematic, the fuse was listed at 20 amps, while my installed fuse in slot 6 was a 15 amp. I think someone basically miswired the box, so I'm going to check out the other fuses and compare them to the provided schematics.

If anyone would like to get that schematic file, e-mail me & I can attach it on a reply.
help we need the sematic for the fuse box...our macerator is not working we had a 20 amp fuse in the slot but they keep blowing
Old 04-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #42

I've noticed myself that the schematics don't agree with the fuses actually installed. One of these days I need to start pulling fuses and label what they really go to

I notice that my awning and macerater are on the same fuse.

Tags
thor