Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2018, 10:45 PM   #197

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplewide View Post
Curious if you think they could be used for overnight sleeping.
If you are a back sleeper I think they would work. They recline to pretty close to flat. They are comfortable, but haven’t had the nap in front of the TV test yet.
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #198

Mounting Fog/Driving Lights 2014 ACE 30.1

I would like to add LED Fog/Driving lights to the front. Has anyone already done it? If so, could you post a picture of how and where you mounted them please.
JNSCHNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #199

Thor 30.1 lighting front

I installed this additional lighting under the front and it adds significant lighting, it also adds the threat of being pulled over! I've had to adjust them down and since those adjustment - no worries. I've also looked at replacing the bulbs with LED - I'm using WWW.superbrightled.com.
firelambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:19 PM   #200

Thor Owners Club
Front Overhead Leak

Visiting my outdoor-parked 2014 Thor 30.1 after 5 months of winter sitting I found a dry brown and somewhat tacky puddle on my left dash area near the window. There was a lot more on the bottom part of the windshield curtain there as well as a splatter pattern on the base of the left windshield pillar. It looked like the liquid had run over the left edge of the dash onto the sidewall and then into the access hole for the side mirror mounting bolt then had exited outside beneath the mirror mount and trailed down the side to the front wheel well. You'd think that there would have to be an overhead leak somewhere but after several inspection of the upper side window frame, the upper windshield area and the headliner over the driver's seat I could find no evidence. All of those areas were squeaky clean. Took it to an RV shop which also could not find the leak but resealed all of the roof points as well as the amber light mounts over the windshield. ($650, please.)

Has anyone run into this sort of leak on your Thor and traced it's origin?
jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:26 AM   #201

Maybe leaking cylinder for bed lift.
scis438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:55 AM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets View Post
Visiting my outdoor-parked 2014 Thor 30.1 after 5 months of winter sitting I found a dry brown and somewhat tacky puddle on my left dash area near the window. There was a lot more on the bottom part of the windshield curtain there as well as a splatter pattern on the base of the left windshield pillar. It looked like the liquid had run over the left edge of the dash onto the sidewall and then into the access hole for the side mirror mounting bolt then had exited outside beneath the mirror mount and trailed down the side to the front wheel well. You'd think that there would have to be an overhead leak somewhere but after several inspection of the upper side window frame, the upper windshield area and the headliner over the driver's seat I could find no evidence. All of those areas were squeaky clean. Took it to an RV shop which also could not find the leak but resealed all of the roof points as well as the amber light mounts over the windshield. ($650, please.)

Has anyone run into this sort of leak on your Thor and traced it's origin?
I had to seal my overhead amber lights also.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by scis438 View Post
Maybe leaking cylinder for bed lift.
Bed lift is electric
Old 05-05-2018, 07:11 AM   #204

Looks good! I just did the same thing in our 30.1
ianpagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by karihappy View Post
I'm going to try to attach the picture again. Hopefully it comes through.
Hello, I just came across your post and picture of the sink drain. That connection that you are referencing should have been glued with ABS cement. If it wasn't then it was probably the reason for your leak. Hopefully when you put it back together you used ABS cement, I can't really tell by the picture.
JNSCHNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #206

ABS cement

Yes, we used it!
karihappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:52 PM   #207

toilet troubles

Has anybody had a problem with their toilet's valve not opening, the one that the foot pedal opens to drain the water and your #1 or #2? Ours will not open with the foot pedal now.
karihappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #208

ace 30.1 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveht View Post
Seems to be every model of Thor hear except the 30.1. So I thought I would start a post for one.

Are you out there?

So far so good with mine. Knock on wood! Just little stuff. Except the Generator fried itself and burnt my door to the generator.
thank you for starting this post
savage0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #209

I'm good with my 30.1
Transfer switch wires melted, did not burn.
Going camping tomorrow in Pa
Gonna be a hot one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
tinman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 AM   #210

The trap beneath the shower pan finaly broke. That would explain why I was getting small amounts of water on the floor when I didn't do it. I had to remove the left outside speaker for a hand hole and remove small access panel under wheel well. It was hard but now fixed. The old pipe was so cheep and the little tabs that hold it were broken off. Now I need to fix leak in driver window that I think is coming from the seem that connects the side wall and the front cap.
wdohm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, thor