Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thor ACE 30.1 Shower panel

In Southeast Florida for Holiday weekend visiting our daughters and grandchild. After enjoying a quick shower this weekend, went outside with my favorite beverage to kick back a little. As I tilted my head back for the first taste of pleasure of the day, I noticed water dripping from the chassis above camp side rear tires. With a closer look, I noticed a panel about 8 inches square had been screwed to the exterior bottom of floor with the water running out from a gap from a missing screw in that panel. Had not noticed that before. I have not had the chance to investigate further as it was dusk and we broke camp next morning for home to Tallahassee area. I assume the shower drain is leaking, although no water inside RV. Is this panel a normal thing? we bought this 2014 model used, and being a newbie, of course the panel did not catch my attention previously. I will pull it off this weekend to take a look if I have room between the tires and chassis floor. We have been on several short trips since September so far with this RV and so far really enjoying it! Thanks for any info.
Ltiggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
A leaking shower drain is not unheard of in an RV. Lots of movement can cause a leak to develop. I suggust you go to a sales lot and look at a similar model as yours to see if it has the same panel. I'd also drop the panel to inspect what's behind it. A leak onto a plywood or chip board floor will create expensive damage pretty quickly. Look for signs of amateur repair and fix it correctly to stop the leak.

By the way, were you laying underneath the RV when you, "..went outside with my favorite beverage to kick back a little. As I tilted my head back for the first taste of pleasure of the day, I noticed water dripping from the chassis above camp side rear tires."

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:13 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
In order to install drain trap without elevating shower base above floor there is a cutout in floor to accommodate trap. Panel on underside just allows service on trap. Remove panel and see if water coming from drain pipes or worse, water is running over floor to get to hole.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:12 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

By the way, were you laying underneath the RV when you, "..went outside with my favorite beverage to kick back a little. As I tilted my head back for the first taste of pleasure of the day, I noticed water dripping from the chassis above camp side rear tires."
Wasn't laying under the RV but certainly felt like I'd been ran over after seeing the water.

Shower is directly over that location so makes since to have the panel there. I have not been able to get panel off yet, need to dig a little deeper in my tool box for the correct blade or bit.
Ltiggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #5

Talking

Access panel in wheel well is by design, water leak is not. You can access much of the drain piping, but it's tight. Good luck.
streamcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, shower, thor