Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #1

Thor ACE - Daytime Running Lights

Can anyone tell me if the ACE has daytime running lights? I read a post which mentioned that a lot of vehicles now come equipped with the module however they may not be activated.

Thanks..
volvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Yes they do.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

xx2 on running lites Good Luck and safe travels
Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #4

Somewhat off topic, has anyone noticed the unused wires/connectors for fog lights? Anyone made use of them?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No. This is the first I have heard about them, but I expect Ford includes them with the Chassis and Thor decided not to use them. It might be fun to hook up a set to them. I didn't notice a setting on the lights switch though, so it may take some modifications in the cab to make them work as well.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #6

If the F53 chassis is anything like some of the Ford passenger cars, all we'd need is to hook up a switch (assuming you can find the wires in the cab), and lights. I'm guessing the relay is already there. It does sound like a fun project.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Hummm, I think it would be great and add a little more visibility to your left and right.
Bdhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #8

I know I'm getting a tad ahead of myself as I haven't even bought the unit yet but.....one of my areas of attention is the CCC so every pound counts so if I was to look at adding some lighting it would be LED in a plastic housing.

I really want to carry a 300# MC on the tongue hitch and still be able to put ingredients in a sandwich...
volvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvik View Post
I know I'm getting a tad ahead of myself as I haven't even bought the unit yet but.....one of my areas of attention is the CCC so every pound counts so if I was to look at adding some lighting it would be LED in a plastic housing.

I really want to carry a 300# MC on the tongue hitch and still be able to put ingredients in a sandwich...
I think you should be ok
Old 01-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfolland View Post
Somewhat off topic, has anyone noticed the unused wires/connectors for fog lights? Anyone made use of them?
Noticed them, and thought about a set of lights, but haven't done anything yet. I'm guessing that if they're wired like other Ford products we'd need to change the headlight switch to the style that can be pulled out to activate fog lights.

Tags
lights, thor