Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2017, 11:06 PM   #1

THor Aria 3601

Quick question, I have some friends (some what new to rv's) that are looking at a Thor Aria 3601 and asked if I new anything about them, which I do not. So being the smart fellow I am I figured a quick question here might give me some insight on them.
I did a search but nothing came up. Thanks in advance.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure what you are asking. I had the Tuscany XTE 36MQ which was the predecessor to the 3601 Aria and we loved it.
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
Not sure what you are asking. I had the Tuscany XTE 36MQ which was the predecessor to the 3601 Aria and we loved it.
For example Winnebago had a floorplan with the refer behind the drivers seat and had an issue with weight on the front axle before even loading up, are there any issue like that with this unit.
There are a lot of examples of different manufactures having known issues out of the gate, that's what I'm referring to.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Aria is a new addition which was just introduced with the 2017 model. I know one owner who has had their rig since April. They have not said anything about any major problems. Just the normal small issues that will happen with any manufacturer.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #5

the ARIA is a new platform for Thor... the Venetian is more like what 'replaced' the Tuscany XTE line(which was a confusing name, since the XTE did NOT mean an 'upgrade' like you might expect, but a more 'entry' level Tuscany, usually without the tag axle chassis, and length, but similar amenities)...

so, you have the diesel line up: Palazzo, Aria, Venetian, and the Tuscany flag ship model, usually differentiated in overall lengths, amenities, and price.

The Tuscany now has the new 'upscale' Girard type box awning around the roofline, giving it a very nice look as compared to others, like the Newmar Dutchstar, Entegra Aspire, the American Coach line, and even the upgraded Fleetwood DiscoveryLXE. I don't mean to leave out the Tiffin and Winnebago products, but they seem to slip my mind more and more these days. : /
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:26 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am going to disagree with part of what Mr. T said. The XTE and the Venetian coexisted for at least a year prior to the introduction of the Aria. The XTE line was dropped when the 2017 Aria was introduced. Prior to the Aria, the pecking order was Palazzo, Tuscany XTE, Venetian and then the Tuscany. The Venetian was definitely a step above the Tuscany XTE and not on the same level.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #7

Thanks for the comments, it sounds like my friends signed papers on a 3901 last night.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:55 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
the ARIA is a new platform for Thor... the Venetian is more like what 'replaced' the Tuscany XTE line(which was a confusing name, since the XTE did NOT mean an 'upgrade' like you might expect, but a more 'entry' level Tuscany, usually without the tag axle chassis, and length, but similar amenities)...

so, you have the diesel line up: Palazzo, Aria, Venetian, and the Tuscany flag ship model, usually differentiated in overall lengths, amenities, and price.

The Tuscany now has the new 'upscale' Girard type box awning around the roofline, giving it a very nice look as compared to others, like the Newmar Dutchstar, Entegra Aspire, the American Coach line, and even the upgraded Fleetwood DiscoveryLXE. I don't mean to leave out the Tiffin and Winnebago products, but they seem to slip my mind more and more these days. : /
The Aria more closely resembles the XTE. We have a 2016 36MQ. The Venetian G36 also shares tha same floorplan as the 36MQ and 3601. The Venetian rides on an upgraded chassis with the 380 HP cummins 8.9 engine. The Aria and XTE share the 360 XCR chassis. The Venetian has more of an upgraded feel to the interior (Flooring, other small attributes). The Tuscany line has been the flagship. My understanding is that Thor "dropped" the XTE line to minimize confusion. People though it was just below the flagship Tuscany in the heirarchy.
Steve70605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
We own an Aria 3601 (referred to in an earlier post). We have had the normal list of things to fix, mostly cosmetic in the interior.
We just finished our first long trip to Florida and the unit drove like a dream. We love the floor plan and the features.
Some of the issues were my lack of understanding, some issues:
- Power sharing system. You cannot run the fireplace and the electric water heater at the same time. The fireplace 'sheds" and will turn back on when the WH shuts off. Also the dryer and the induction cooktop will not run together, the dryer will shut off. At first I thought there was a problem, but this is the design. The unit has 115amps of equipment. With typical 50 amp service you can't run everything at once anyway and this system ahead of the breakers "decides" which draw is more important.
- Electric WH fitting. The plastic fitting (1/2" nipple) was put in too tight and cracked. After some use and travel it started to leak. Had to drain the tank and replace.
- Step cover motor. One motor had a short and had to be replaced.
- Window Seal. Passenger side front window had condensation and needed to be replaced.
- Bed Slide. Needed to be "re-synced" to close in unison.
- Woodwork Nicks. Minor stuff our dealer got replacement pieces rather than using putty/etc to fix.

So, we have been happy overall. The unit is now in storage in Ocala Florida waiting for us to pick back up in January to head to the Keys. Can't wait.
Polishilldav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thor