Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I second vjkahler's suggestions. I doubt the dealer and ultimately the manufacturer would want the bad publicity.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
dogs162910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
First, thank you for your service!

I read in your post that the dealership has major issues. Paperwork processing to executing basic repair requests. Like...the mud flap touching the tailpipe (an easy fix), or cutting down the seat pedestal!? A BIG NO-NO for reasons from safety to liability.

First, take a lesson from your military service and document EVERYTHING.

Second, contact TMC in writing with a specific list of issues (with photos if able) certified delivery...and I would add a section about the dealership and their performance. Dealers have performance standard expectations from the factory. Try to be as logical and factual as possible...think, how would a lawyer write a letter?

In the letter, request/demand a factory POC to help due to the dealer's issues.

Once things get rolling, try as best you can to avoid letting the RV sit at the service center (what ever center...maybe a new one) when they are not ready to do the repairs (parts on hand, space in the shop, etc.). That is when more things get broken, batteries get drained, dents appear, etc.

In summary, the 2014, the Axis/Vegas was a brand new RV model in a rather new segment of smaller Class A's. It rides on a new foundation for a Class A (stripped E350 chassis with independant front suspension, not the Ford F53 used on most all other gas RV's). Because it was the first model year, there were bound to be bugs...but nothing too big, or unable to be repaired.

Unfortunately, TMC allows warranty repairs to be executed almost totally by dealerships and reimburses the dealership. It sounds like this situation calls for "Plan B". Go "up the chain of command" 'cuz "the squeeky wheel gets the grease." Sorry, but the cliche's sometimes fit.

There is a mega-thread here on iRV2 named Letter to Thor that is too big to read with too many off-topic posts. But the original poster found satisfaction from TMC, and it was the letter that worked. Be patient and persistant. Effective communication is the key.

Best luck

P.S. If all else fails, make an appointment and take a trip to the factory service repair center in Elkhart or Wakarusa. They have a great reputation for fixing things right.
http://thormotorcoach.com/contact
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #17

Thank you vjkahler and dogs162910. That's a good idea.... not sure how that works since the dealership I purchased from is across the country from where I live, but the dealership here is jacking me around as well, and the manufacturer just has no excuse...
Off2Anywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #18

Thanks Scarab0088!! Ok, in writing and certified/signature receipt... I am definitely documenting. I appreciate your input!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:45 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
First, thank you for your service!

I read in your post that the dealership has major issues. Paperwork processing to executing repair requests. Like...cutting down the seat pedestal!? A BIG NO-NO for reasons from safety to liability.

First, take a lesson from your military service and document EVERYTHING.

Second, contact TMC in writing with a specific list of issues (with photos if able) certified delivery...and I would add a section about the dealership and their performance. Dealers have performance standard expectations from the factory. Try to be as logical and factual as possible...think, how would a lawyer write a letter?

In the letter, request/demand a factory POC to help due to the dealer's issues.

Once things get rolling, try as best you can to avoid letting the RV sit at the service center (what ever center...maybe a new one) when they are not ready to do the repairs (parts on hand, space in the shop, etc.). That is when more things get broken, batteries get drained, dents appear, etc.

In summary, the 2014, the Axis/Vegas was a brand new RV model in a rather new segment of smaller Class A's. It rides on a new foundation for a Class A (stripped E350 chassis with independant front suspension, not the Ford F53 used on most all other gas RV's). Because it was the first model year, there were bound to be bugs...but nothing too big, or unable to be repaired.

Unfortunately, TMC allows warranty repairs to be executed almost totally by dealerships and reimburses the dealership. It sounds like this situation calls for "Plan B". Go "up the chain of command" 'cuz "the squeeky wheel gets the grease." Sorry, but the cliche's sometimes fit.

Best luck
X2
Old 07-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And you're still paying insurance on it too. Talk to your ins agent.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #21

Thanks Doggy Daddy and all. I will try these various approaches. I know I still haven't head anything back from Thor, so if this is their standard of practice, it just re-affirms this is not a company with which I want to continue dealing...
Old 07-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So has a "Letter to Thor" been written?
Certified mail tracking says?

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:42 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
So has a "Letter to Thor" been written?
Certified mail tracking says?

Best luck
Nope. An email through the company website explaining the situation and asking to be contacted has been done. The certified letter will be going out today... first step of those suggested, for sure.

Tags
new member, thor