RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2015, 08:10 PM   #1653

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshiny View Post
We've had our 37GT for almost a year. and we love it, except for one thing. The footrest on the recliner on the end of the couch has a real problem. Trying to get the footrest to pop up when sitting on the couch is very difficult, almost impossible. When it does open up, and I want to close it, I have to sit on the floor and push it in with my feet, it's really that hard to get in. Then it pops back out whenever it wants to, sometimes when we're driving, sometimes for no reason at all. We've had Camping World "fix" it, and we recently took it to Thor. They said they changed the handle mechanism and it is operating the way it is supposed to. They didn't fix it, it still operates just like before. Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? I told Thor I think it's going to hurt somebody popping out like that at any random time it wants to.

Ours did pretty much the same. Thor worked on it when I was at the factory, but eventually the lever jammed altogether (fortunately in the closed position). For now we are just using a standalone footstool. I'm thinking of replacing the couch with a Lazy Boy.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #1654

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I have the same issue on our GT. I thought it was very strange. When I picked it up I mentioned at an issue and was told if yo bring your feet up to the center of the foot rest, about where the bead is or a bit above, and put it down it will stay. Seems strange and a bit awkward, but it does work. I don't recall an issue putting it up though.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 PM   #1655

We have a 37GT and the recliner is a piece of work,, get the foot rest up and really hard to get back in,, By the way check your vanity cabinet doors catches, ours came open while I was driving, broke the bottom hinge, the door came off breaking the mirror, I finally got another hinge, had the mirror replaced and put additional latch on both vanities.
okiefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:36 AM   #1656

Bruce how many miles have you put on your 2013,, we have just over 9000, still like the floor plan..
Old 03-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #1657

Ford Super Duty Owner
More mod's fixes and Upgrades

Update to More mod's fixes and Upgrades page 113 post 1578. Final solution idea was provided by RV'n friend. Joyce was quick to suggest the spoon. All I had to do was find a suitable one. Looks great and everybody is happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1250001.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	88480  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:41 PM   #1658

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefrank View Post
Bruce how many miles have you put on your 2013,, we have just over 9000, still like the floor plan..
We have 12,000 on ours. There really isn't anything I don't like about it. I really do think the Challenger line is great value for money.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #1659

Modifying the wine rack in my Challenger 37gt

We really enjoy our new Challenger 37gt, but we think we could use the space in the kitchen cabinet where the built in wine rack is for additional storage. Has anybody removed the racks, and used the open space for a place to store things like bread, or cookies, or even utensils?
happycamperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #1660

We haven't removed the wine rack yet, but my son is a cabinet maker and carpenter and he built roll out drawers in the space that was for the laundry, so the wine rack will probably be next.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:10 AM   #1661

Thor Owners Club
Photo?

Quote:
We haven't removed the wine rack yet, but my son is a cabinet maker and carpenter and he built roll out drawers in the space that was for the laundry, so the wine rack will probably be next.
Our next project after re doing the bedroom wardrobe to accomdate a regular queen in our 36fd.

Could you post a photo of your cabinet

Thanks
Hoegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:28 PM   #1662

Quote:
I was able to pull the front "facing" off of the wine rack cabinet, by pushing & tapping it from the back side. There is a small brad at each corner that holds it on. The cutouts where the bottom of the wine bottles would sit is held on by screws going through the underside of the cabinet. It looks like those may hold the wine glass holders on the underside of the cabinet, too. I did not remove that part because it could serve as a divider of he area. Could maybe put spice jars back there. A canister set could go in the front area, but would not be able to ride there in transit, unless a piece of wood was added on the front edge.
happycamperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #1663

Ford Super Duty Owner
Fresh air shortage

Our biggest design problem so far has been the new frameless windows and shortage of opening windows on street side. We run AC far more than necessary. So I am adding one more item to the "TO DO LIST." Unless I can figure out something better I am planning on one or two more ceiling vents. One in front and behind the existing airconditioners. With Fantastic fans in each, I figure we can get a big boost in air flow to make up for the whimpy openings in the frameless windows. Shame to waste the beautiful weather mother nature gives us.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #1664

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Our biggest design problem so far has been the new frameless windows and shortage of opening windows on street side. We run AC far more than necessary. So I am adding one more item to the "TO DO LIST." Unless I can figure out something better I am planning on one or two more ceiling vents. One in front and behind the existing airconditioners. With Fantastic fans in each, I figure we can get a big boost in air flow to make up for the whimpy openings in the frameless windows. Shame to waste the beautiful weather mother nature gives us.
Are you running the existing fantastic fan on medium or high speed? I think that has enough capacity to pull what the windows can allow in, at least when you don't have the screen door open. BTW, the pre-frameless window challengers didn't allow any more air in than the current ones, so your focus on the frameless windows is misplaced. I agree that it would be nice to have windows that open more; maybe more like the sliders at the front.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:38 AM   #1665

wow nice floor vents. guess I will have to get two of them. I would prefer to block them up since we do have a heater/fireplace. tks/Mikey
mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #1666

Ford Super Duty Owner
Recall Fire Extinguisher

Arrived today and installed. Note: it came with a new mounting bracket an additional metal strap. I opted to use the metal strap vs the plastic as I think it is more intuitive as to how it operates. Plan to use the old one as a demo at the next campground with a fire pit. Invite all neighbors and learn first hand how they work - without the emergency.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor