Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 03:35 AM   #1667

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hello

Hello bdickson,
Haven't spoken to you in sometime. Glad you are still enjoying your challenger. Still loving ours. Have almost 21,000 miles on her. Down in Florida this week. Hope to run into you guys again. Thanks again for the water refill when you were in SC. Safe Travels.

Bob
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:10 AM   #1668

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Arrived today and installed. Note: it came with a new mounting bracket an additional metal strap. I opted to use the metal strap vs the plastic as I think it is more intuitive as to how it operates. Plan to use the old one as a demo at the next campground with a fire pit. Invite all neighbors and learn first hand how they work - without the emergency.
Please tell the rest of us once you figure it out. thanks.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #1669

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Please tell the rest of us once you figure it out. thanks.
What to figure out! Subject - Fire extinguisher recall - Replacement arrived and I talked about it. What is there to figure out? Sorry if it was not clear.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:27 AM   #1670

Ford Super Duty Owner
About to be new Challenger 37TB owner - help please.

I know this is a duplicate but I want to make sure I got all the help I can before the PDI.

I have read virtually every thread in the Challenger string. We are ready to take delivery of our new Challenger 37TB. Coming from a Georgetown 351. Had some problems but nothing major. One annoying issue was the TVs cable wiring. Always has been a problem. Basically reception in living room and bedroom was a problem. Bunks and outside was fine. Curious though that over the air antenna not a problem. Cable/satellite sucked so bad, wound up using a wireless hdmi transmitter/receiver.

So, as we get ready to take delivery. What are some of the experiences from other Challenger 37TB owners?

Really need this to make sure I focus my PDI.

Thanks in advance.
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:22 AM   #1671

Ford Super Duty Owner
More mod's fixes and Upgrades

#56 On delivery vertical rubber seals would not fully pull out on slide extension. I managed to train both front slide seals by manually pulling them out every time. After a month or two both front slides seals worked just fine, the main slide seal still wasn't right. Solution, one inch wide 3M Safety Walk. This is the same texture as the stuff used on your entry steps. Took maybe ten to fifteen minutes per side to clean surface and apply tape nice and straight. Now seal pulls out as it should every time. My finger is pointing at the new 3M tape and the seal is on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1290002.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	90418  
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:24 AM   #1672

Quote:
What to figure out! Subject - Fire extinguisher recall - Replacement arrived and I talked about it. What is there to figure out? Sorry if it was not clear.
How the plastic and metal straps work.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #1673

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
How the plastic and metal straps work.
Already threw plastic straps away so can only show the new metal version that came with the replacement. Just looking at the two, I decided the metal strap provided a better visual on how to operate it. Fire emergency not best time to study things. PS - new strap is stainless. Hope the picture helps. Sorry camera not very good at closeup's. Pull tab on right and unhook on left. Once you get it in your hand it will make more sense. I suppose like a lot of things in the RV a good training program is worth the effort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2250005.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	90464  
Old 04-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #1674

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Our biggest design problem so far has been the new frameless windows and shortage of opening windows on street side. We run AC far more than necessary. So I am adding one more item to the "TO DO LIST." Unless I can figure out something better I am planning on one or two more ceiling vents. One in front and behind the existing airconditioners. With Fantastic fans in each, I figure we can get a big boost in air flow to make up for the whimpy openings in the frameless windows. Shame to waste the beautiful weather mother nature gives us.
You have probably already planned this but I suggest that if you can get reversing, water sensing fans on a thermostat you would be golden.

We have them on the 5er. Open both and have one blowing in and one blowing out to get the best ventilation. At night we turn the fan off on the one in the bedroom and set the thermostat on the one in the living room so it shuts off when the desired temp in the bedroom is met. Works very well.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:40 AM   #1675

Quote:
Already threw plastic straps away so can only show the new metal version that came with the replacement. Just looking at the two, I decided the metal strap provided a better visual on how to operate it. Fire emergency not best time to study things. PS - new strap is stainless. Hope the picture helps. Sorry camera not very good at closeup's. Pull tab on right and unhook on left. Once you get it in your hand it will make more sense. I suppose like a lot of things in the RV a good training program is worth the effort.
Thanks.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:33 AM   #1676

Has anybody seen the new "3 trax" full wall slide system? Or does anyone have it on their unit. My large slide has the cable system and I'm not impressed yet.
RVredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #1677

Ford Super Duty Owner
Will this work on the 37tB?

Quote:
Update to More mod's fixes and Upgrades page 113 post 1578. Final solution idea was provided by RV'n friend. Joyce was quick to suggest the spoon. All I had to do was find a suitable one. Looks great and everybody is happy.
The DW was concerned with how the stove cooktop would store. I saw this while looking for issues to check on our new 37TB we are picking up April 17. Will this work with our new 37TB?
Old 04-06-2015, 05:45 PM   #1678

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
The DW was concerned with how the stove cooktop would store. I saw this while looking for issues to check on our new 37TB we are picking up April 17. Will this work with our new 37TB?
No idea what counter top is like on TB but suspect it will work just fine. Stand front piece against wall with lip facing away from wall and rear section standing in front of it. Test by cooking with one or two rear burners to see if it gets warm - ours does not. Ours stays in place without the holder/spoon - just being safe with the spoon. NOT intended for traveling storage.
Old 04-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #1679

Ford Super Duty Owner
ctpres - many thanks. A couple of things that DW didn't like but this one had us both scratching our heads. Coming from a Georgetown 351 with bunks, we will be glad for the larger bedroom, washing machine and pantry. We travel a great deal with our grandkids and have wash frequently. This should ease that pain.

The countertop thing was making us both scratch our head until I saw the DIY Mod.

PS: With that signature, you or your DW served a number of years. Twenty two years Army here.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #1680

Ford Super Duty Owner
More mod's fixes and Upgrades

#57 Parked for three months in FL and when getting ready to go steps came in and would not go back out right away, tap switch, wiggle wires etc. steps would finally come out. Same problem during the day off and on. Finally parked for the night and had time to figure it out. Wire was pinched by metal trim and eventually (due to vibrations from door opening and closing) it worked it's way thru insulation and wire. Short equal extend step and open equal retract step. Got lucky and found a burglar alarm switch in the basement that would work and now just waiting for silicon to cure. Wires to switch were easy to find, just lay on back and look up underneath near bottom rear corner of door. Just remember the new switch must OPEN when magnet is next to switch. Cheap, small, lightweight spare part.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor