Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2015, 01:12 PM   #1723

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M72561 View Post
I always cut off the house batteries when storing and they have never seemed to have a problem until today.The battery switch in the stairwell is not clicking when I switch it and I can't AUX start with the batteries or turn on the generator. Anyone with similar battery issues
All of the problems listed above occur when the main breaker for the coach batteries trips OR the coach batteries go dead. I keep my coach plugged in to shore power now when it's stored but previously I would remove the coach batteries and keep them indoors and trickle charged when storing the coach for long periods.
LyonsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 06:39 PM   #1724

Ford Super Duty Owner
Day 3 Thor Wakarusa service center

Day 3 Thor Wakarusa Service center
Work completed today: Main slide trim removed again and reinstalled - tech was not happy with results first time, shower: basin standing water - door sag - panel to wall separation and minor leak resolved Larry also put a block behind front edge of shower basin - at the service panel to stabilize it and keep it from being moved inward when feet hit it , added large diameter washer to frig locking head to better secure both doors ( original size head could let one door open under way ). I will say our tech does not seem to be under any pressure at all (from mgt/boss) to get it done and hurry on to the next one. I take that as a very positive sign.
Unrelated to service but maybe interesting. We toured Wakarusa plant today and got to see a couple Challengers in various stages of completion. Amazing what minor and to me major changes have been made in less than a year. Some so simple like why didn't I think of that? Example - house battery rack has room for four batteries but only two provided and they were mounted inboard. 2016's batteries mounted outboard ie. right next to door - so much easier to check water! If cables are long enough mine will be moved next time I check battery water levels. Stainless sinks, new and better looking kitchen sink faucet, KT - main TV down almost to counter top level and storage cabinets with glass in doors above. No more ugly weird hole below TV, painful ledge at entry door threshold is gone and that step if now flat. One KT I saw on line has two media room style recliners instead of couch. I know there are more changes but we really did not have time to poke around. If you are ever near Elkhart stop by Wakarusa plant for a tour. Currently available - no apt necessary - Mon Tue or Wed - and start at 3:45PM, but be ten or so minutes early to fill out some paperwork. Eye protection provided, no open toe shoes and no pictures allowed. Note: if ordering a Challenger they can keep you up-to-date on build progress and even schedule a visit so you can see your baby being built.

Thor plant 850
606 Nelson's Parkway
Wakarusa, Indiana 46573
(574) 266-1111 for more info.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #1725

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by M72561 View Post
The battery switch in the stairwell is not clicking when I switch it
Have not tested it yet but suspect current BCC is same as it was with Damon products. As I remember it the store relay needs 12v or a minimum of something like 10.6v to operate and that comes from chassis battery. So if chassis bat is below 10.6 the relay can not operate. With house batteries in store mode the only solution was to get chassis bat over 10.6 by connecting to a charger or jumping from a good bat.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #1726

Several months ago someone in this group posted instructions on how to remount the fireplace a little farther out to keep it from overheating. Can you repeat the information, and tell us if the fix has solved the problem? Thanks.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:39 PM   #1727

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Several months ago someone in this group posted instructions on how to remount the fireplace a little farther out to keep it from overheating. Can you repeat the information, and tell us if the fix has solved the problem? Thanks.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/thor...ml#post2313071
Never had thermal shutdown after mod (post #1316) in the link above.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:41 PM   #1728

Ford Super Duty Owner
Day 4 Thor Wakarusa service center

Good and bad day. Gas cap door hitting rear cap and chipping paint - fixed. Propane leak test OK, water system pressure test OK, minor flaw in soft ceiling fabric repaired, unsuccessful previous repair to floor fixed. Previous dealer caulk job at front cap to roof radius cleaned up and re-caulked - looks much better. Tech took coach to another location for exterior water leak testing in a rain bay, everything from floor up OK but five basement compartments leaked so we don't get to leave as soon as I hoped like before Memorial day traffic around Chicago - that is bad. Meeting in AM tomorrow to discuss a couple items that were not fixed and why. That is also bad.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #1729

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
[QUOTE=ctpres;2565435]Day 3
Unrelated to service but maybe interesting. We toured Wakarusa plant today and got to see a couple Challengers in various stages of completion. Amazing what minor and to me major changes have been made in less than a year. Some so simple like why didn't I think of that? ...KT - main TV down almost to counter top level and storage cabinets with glass in doors above. No more ugly weird hole below TV.

ctpres, thank you for all of your fixes, mods and updates. They've been a big help to me and I greatly appreciate them.

I installed a DVR for our TV's in the "ugly weird hole below the TV" that you mentioned. My DW was not happy with the appearance of "the hole" so she hung a piece of black fabric on the inside (attached with velcro). Now we still have easy access but it looks very nice now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DVR Cover.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	94902  
Old 05-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #1730

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Changed location of night shade switch

The night shade switch in our 2015 Challenger 37KT was located on the left side of the steering wheel and was difficult to reach after parking and setting up the coach. I removed the dash cover and was able to move the switch to the right side of the steering wheel after unwrapping two sections of wiring harness, extending three wires and rerouting the wires. Now the night shade switch is easier to reach while driving and when the coach is parked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Night Shade Switch.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	94903  
Old 05-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #1731

I installed a DVR for our TV's in the "ugly weird hole below the TV" that you mentioned. My DW was not happy with the appearance of "the hole" so she hung a piece of black fabric on the inside (attached with velcro). Now we still have easy access but it looks very nice now![/QUOTE]

Total Value RV installed a door over that ugly hole. It is long and horizontal of course, but otherwise matches all the doors and woodwork in the MH.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:14 AM   #1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Good and bad day. Gas cap door hitting rear cap and chipping paint - fixed. Propane leak test OK, water system pressure test OK, minor flaw in soft ceiling fabric repaired, unsuccessful previous repair to floor fixed. Previous dealer caulk job at front cap to roof radius cleaned up and re-caulked - looks much better. Tech took coach to another location for exterior water leak testing in a rain bay, everything from floor up OK but five basement compartments leaked so we don't get to leave as soon as I hoped like before Memorial day traffic around Chicago - that is bad. Meeting in AM tomorrow to discuss a couple items that were not fixed and why. That is also bad.
Let us know where around Chicago and when you expect to be. We will be returning from our New York trip on the Wednesday after Memorial Day. You will probably be long gone by then, but if not we would love to meet up.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #1733

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonsL View Post
. I removed the dash cover and was able to move the switch to the right side of the steering wheel
THAT is a good idea. I looked at adding a switch in parallel in open space next to mirror controls but I think your solution may be a lot easier.
Question - the usb charging station in picture is that factory or a DIY?
Old 05-22-2015, 03:09 PM   #1734

Ford Super Duty Owner
Day 5 Thor Wakarusa service center

Should have been on the road today but routine end of service water leak test yesterday afternoon revealed five leaking bay doors. New gaskets on all five, lubed clicky/noisey leveling system feet and in process found one VERY loose foot and Larry tightned it up. Notes to self and others: check for loose pads/feet once in awhile. Almost fifty thousand miles of Lippert leveling system use and I never knew they could come loose. Also the rain bay leak test system recycles water! That means if you show up with a really shinney and clean coach it probably won't look as good after the test. Reviewed all items submitted for repair and action taken. Happy with all repairs - but several items had note " working as designed" ie. if built to design spec's and it worked that way no action was taken. In all cases but one I was willing to accept that answer.
In all, our wty service visit went well and Larry (our tech) did a great job. We will be happy to continue recommending Thor support, the Challenger line and our KT floor plan to others. Now if we can just get "around" Chicago tomorrow without incident or agrivation - I will be a Happy Camper again.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:19 PM   #1735

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
Let us know where around Chicago and when you expect to be. We will be returning from our New York trip on the Wednesday after Memorial Day. You will probably be long gone by then, but if not we would love to meet up.
Sorry but by Wed. we should be in SD on our way to Sequim, WA for the summer. If anyone will be in or near Sequim this summer - let me know.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #1736

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
THAT is a good idea. I looked at adding a switch in parallel in open space next to mirror controls but I think your solution may be a lot easier.
Question - the usb charging station in picture is that factory or a DIY?
That is a factory installed USB charging port. There are 4 more inside a cabinet in the entertainment center and 4 more in the bedroom.

The photo does not show it but there is also an HDMI port above the shown USB port.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor