Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #2633

Dish TV Antenna roof install on 16 KT? HELP!

Has anyone done this? Thor says they don't have diagrams of the satellite prep which all Challengers are suppose to have. I know we have the orange satellite cable behind the fireplace as I have removed and found it, but don't know how or where it runs to the roof? Any help or experience on this install will be greatly appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #2634

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrihRed View Post
Has anyone done this? Thor says they don't have diagrams of the satellite prep which all Challengers are suppose to have. I know we have the orange satellite cable behind the fireplace as I have removed and found it, but don't know how or where it runs to the roof? Any help or experience on this install will be greatly appreciated.
Never found ours in roof. Ended up running new coax and power. As I remember it:Ran from behind fireplace to right/fwd end of slide, tye wrapped to cable bundle, across floor next to existing wire under slide, up behind and around frig to cabinet above convection and thru all cabinets to top far left which is close to center line of roof, then just straight up thru roof. Some newer production units use a dummy vent. I would look for that first.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #2635

Ford Super Duty Owner
New travel planner aid

Have been looking for some way to know in advance what kind of up down hill driving our next day would be like. So far - this is the best. https://www.flattestroute.com/?from=...mentMode=miles
Just plug in two cities - select driving and k or mi. Move mouse cursor along graph and you can see where grade , with elevation and slope in degrees, is on the route.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #2636

Ford Super Duty Owner
New travel planner aid

Have been looking for some way to know in advance what kind of up down hill driving our next day would be like. So far - this is the best. https://www.flattestroute.com/?from=...mentMode=miles
Just plug in two cities - select driving and k or mi. Move mouse cursor along graph and you can see where grade , with elevation and slope in degrees, is on the route. And trip distance with estimated travel time.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #2637

Thor Owners Club
How did you winterize the Ice maker. I have never had one to worry about before, but now I do.
Thanks!
Wayne.

Hmmm I see my signature has not changed????
2015 Challenger 37GT
Nanaimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #2638

Does anyone know where to find the CGWR ? I have a 2013 Challenger KT. I called Thor and they guy said that it was just 26,000. Given that the GVWR is 22,000 that doesn't leave much to allow for a towed vehicle? I see where some of the newer models have a CGWR of 30,000.. Any thoughts?
JohnG2013KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:59 PM   #2639
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG2013KT View Post
Does anyone know where to find the CGWR ? I have a 2013 Challenger KT. I called Thor and they guy said that it was just 26,000. Given that the GVWR is 22,000 that doesn't leave much to allow for a towed vehicle? I see where some of the newer models have a CGWR of 30,000.. Any thoughts?
You got 22k GVWR and 26K CGWR.

KC
Old 10-19-2016, 03:50 AM   #2640

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Gwr

There should be a sticker on the side wall under the driver window area. That's where mine is on my 2013 Challenger 37DT. Mine is 22k I believe, and I had my coach weighed came in at 20k
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:50 AM   #2641

371/37KT Big Window Shade

DW and I recently purchased our first RV, a 2009 Challenger 371 (forerunner of the 37KT). But, it didn't have a shade on the triple window in the dining area. Can someone describe what the shade is supposed to look like? Is it one big shade or three smaller shades? Are they day/night like on the other windows? Do they just reach the bottom of the windows or go to the floor? The replacement shades the dealer put on aren't making DW happy. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
DamonDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:40 PM   #2642

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonDude View Post
DW and I recently purchased our first RV, a 2009 Challenger 371 (forerunner of the 37KT). But, it didn't have a shade on the triple window in the dining area. Can someone describe what the shade is supposed to look like? Is it one big shade or three smaller shades? Are they day/night like on the other windows? Do they just reach the bottom of the windows or go to the floor? The replacement shades the dealer put on aren't making DW happy. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
We have a 2013 37KT and have three separate day/night shades on the dining windows. Lots of work to move them down and up. Am considering replacing with one wide unit. Anyone else have suggestions?
handyman1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:40 AM   #2643

Tiffin Owners Club
our '16 37KT has one piece day and night shades.
daverubino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #2644

Our's has a single, white colored blackout shade that goes to the bottom of the windows and is encased on top and sides in a valence.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #2645

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webman9113 View Post
Here are a couple pics of the "finalized" outside TV installation on our 37KT.

The TV is mounted on an Omnimount that can swing out, drop down, and turn, so you can position the TV so as to see it from just about any angle on the curb side of the rig.

To stow for travel, you just push it back into the enclosure, then secure it with two velcro straps that are pinned in place by the aluminum angle "shelf" I bolted to the original metal TV enclosure.

When I get more time, I'll cut away some of the unneeded bits of the metal housing and paint the innards black to pretty it up a bit, but for now it's functional and ready to travel...
Webman9113, great job! Just curious, what did you use to cut the metal housing? it looks like pretty thick metal.
LyonsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:05 AM   #2646

Sumo Spring Update & V10 Mtn performance

Having had the Sumo Springs installed in Albuquerque NM while visiting the Balloon Fiesta. I wanted to update my thoughts and experience as we have traversed the mountains of Colorado and Utah this past month. I can honestly say they have made a significant difference in stability especially with wind and gusts. Big rigs passing no longer have any real impact. Swales no longer create rock n roll! I have cruised at 70-75 mph with comfort. While the V10 is no diesel it performed admirably in the mountains, Yes, we would sometimes slow down to 45 mph on the steepest grades and would reach 4k rpm from time to time especially on downhill steep grades. The "tow/haul" feature works great in the mountains. (I actually always have it on). Our F53 V10 has the 6 speed transmission and I believe that really helps. We don't have the 5 Star tune so I don't know if that would have had an impact. I always felt comfortable with adequate power etc. for what will probably be the toughest roads of grade we will traverse towing our Jeep. Does anyone have mountain experience with the 6 speed V10 and the 5 Star Tune? Also the weather Gods have been following us on our journey as we have had gorgeous weather for this time of year in CO & UT. Would be interested in hearing from others as to their mountain experiences.

Currently in Cedar City UT exploring Kolob Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Zion and Bryce before heading to Las Vegas next week.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor