RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
How long is the sewer pipe you have? Mine is 15' with a coupling at 10' since a lot of the places I camp I need the extra length. There's no way it would fit in there but I'll look at that option tomorrow since the ends on the Rhino flex are removable.

If not, I bought a toilet flange from HD because that's what they used to connect the piping to the dump bay. There's was the type with a rotable 90 degree elbow and mine is just the flange but the hole patterns are the same. I'll press a couple of threaded studs into it and make a swing away plate to keep it covered when not in use.

Thanks for the reply, I'll be looking at this a little closer tomorrow.

DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #30

My sewer pipe is 4 or 5' long with a threaded cap on the end. I have a 2012 Challenger. If yours is 15' it must run to the rear bumper if not past it. But if the end of your rhino flex is removable you should be able to remove the coupling and slide it through the sewer pipe and then reattach the coupling. Although it would be a pain to connect and disconnect at campground. Perhaps you can find a 20 foot hose with the ends that are removable and slide it into the sewer pipe and leave it in there permenantly. Then when you get to camp ground you can connect the rhino flex to the hose in the sewer pipe. I can post pic tomorrow if you want let me know. John

john109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by john109 View Post
My sewer pipe is 4 or 5' long with a threaded cap on the end. I have a 2012 Challenger. If yours is 15' it must run to the rear bumper if not past it
I was talking about the Rhino Flex, not the length of the pipe fixed to the MH.

It was so unbelievably cold and windy the last couple of days up here that I couldn't bear to do anything outside. Next time I decide to mess with it I'll see if your suggestions work. In the mean time I'll push foreword with the fabrication of a blank off plate for the ring I bought. Hopefully I'll find that your way works best and I'll just toss the ring or offer it up for free here.

This new poop tube storage is just a new idea I need to embrace
Old 02-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #32

no problem I actually live north of you up on Cape Cod and we have had enough winter also. We are ready for warm weather and hitting the road BTW were did you find that table you have in front of the fireplace I like the look of it.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It looks like your area has been getting buried by snow these past few systems, hopefully it wasn't as bad as it looked.

We're heading your way for the 4th. I've always enjoyed Boston on the 4th of July. That gives me a reason to take a ride up Mt. Washington as well. My wife actually mentioned a day trip out onto the Cape with stops in Plymouth and Salem. We'll be staying at the Field and Stream CG which is about 70 miles West of Boston.

That table was bought at CW but RV Upgrades had it in a darker Cherry color although for a lot more money. We paid $79 for it. As you see it, only one side is up so it gets a bit longer with both sides up
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It took me awhile to get used the sewer pipe, too. I have a clear 90 at the valve connection and had to thread the sewer hose from the end of the pipe up through to the connection. Most female hose ends should fit up and through. I have a 10' section and it stows in the pipe. I just wish I could put a cap on the end of the hose before the cap goes on the pipe. There just isn't enough room to do that with the hose stowed in the pipe. I also carry an extra 30' of hose just in case. Learned that one the hard way.
camaromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #35

DG Thanks for the info on the table I will check it out. Our favorite local place is Normandy Farms its in Foxboro about 30 mins. to boston and 45 mins to Cape Cod. It is really nice place to stay we are going to Salem for Memorial Day weekend. As far as stowing the hose I will take some pictures tonite when I get home but I can screw my cap back on and stow the short hose. I also carry a 30' extension hose that we us at the camp ground.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by john109 View Post
I also carry a 30' extension hose that we us at the camp ground.
Don't forget the hose expander and the Y coupling "cuz they wouldn't sell'em if they didn't work!" (from the movie RV)

I have a feeling that this system wasn't made for my Rhino Flex pipe. The couplings are too big and there's a clear 90 degree elbow at the discharge end that I appreciate.

I'll post a photo of my solution in case others are looking to dump the dump tube as well.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll post photos of this installed if I can't find a way to store my sewer hose in the attached pipe on my 37DT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dump port-a.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	33759  
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #38

DG I took some pictures but I am not sure how to upload to this site if you PM your email address I will forward them to you
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #39

Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #40

Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #41

Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #42

Hopefully the pictures work I did not need the 90 I went direct with the hose. I used several times last fall with no issues.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor