Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2014, 06:53 AM   #1177

There are actually 2 grey tanks and 1 black tank. Mid gray tank is for the washing machine only. Back grey tank is for shower and sinks, both kitchen and bathroom. Black tank for the toilet. All piping is piped to the black tank vent. Thor identified the issue and has told me how to resolve it. I have not yet been able to get the MH into a repair facility yet to resolve this. This is on the 37KT 2014.5.
ke3su is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2014, 05:29 AM   #1178

I have a 2014.5 37KT and don;t have that problem. sure wish I could send some water to that mid-gray other than washing machine though.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #1179

rubber slide adhesive

I'm looking on some input on a good adhesive for my rubber seals on my 2014 Challenger 37KT . It is peeling off the outside coach wall. It is the flat seal

Thanks

Mark Welch
M72561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #1180

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
We ordered a 2015 Challenger 37KT and have owned it for about 6 weeks. We had a few minor issues with it but I was able to make all of the repairs myself. This is the 3rd Thor motorhome that we've owned and the build quality on this one is the best! We love the floor plan and we're looking forward to snowbirding in it this winter!
LyonsL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:29 AM   #1181

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonsL View Post
We ordered a 2015 Challenger 37KT and have owned it for about 6 weeks. We had a few minor issues with it but I was able to make all of the repairs myself. This is the 3rd Thor motorhome that we've owned and the build quality on this one is the best! We love the floor plan and we're looking forward to snowbirding in it this winter!
Having a warranty is a wonderful thing but entrusting a repair to a shop other than the factory is another. I had my GT at the factory towards the end of the warranty period for a repair that a local CW created. While there, they went through it from bumper to bumper.

On the way home from that trip the entry step motor failed! I went to AutoZone, bought a new motor, installed it in 15 minutes myself. Had I taken it to CW it would have been there one or two weeks.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:49 AM   #1182

Ford Super Duty Owner
My efforts to convince DW that we NEED a new and larger coach and specifically the 37KT just went two steps backwards. Yesterday we went to see one at Katy TX Camping World. Big mistake. I have never seen new one in such bad shape. I understand dealers not wanting to fix things until they have a sale - but hood open 4 -5 inches on one side. Was afraid to even touch it. Six inch wide maybe 12 ft long top trim from rear slide laying on floor so you could not test passenger seat or couch, more very loose, i mean falling off, trim on same slide, dented convection and more. Now DW thinks all Thor 37KT's will be like that. Just a couple hours of tech time and they probably would have had a sale yesterday.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyonsL View Post
We love that floorplan too. Congrats on the new coach.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:30 AM   #1184

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I see a lot of posts' on the slide-outs problems on the Palazzo. Does the new Challenger use the same slide mechanism and is there any problems?
J.Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #1185

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
The problem on the Palazzo was with the full wall slide. I have had my three slides in and out at least 100 times since I bought my Challenger 37DT.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #1186

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I had issues with my slides. Went to Thor service center for corrective action. The newer Challengers should be ok.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:12 AM   #1187

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mack View Post
I see a lot of posts' on the slide-outs problems on the Palazzo. Does the new Challenger use the same slide mechanism and is there any problems?
Same as Bob. Took my Challenger to the factory to have the slide mechanisms fixed, and they did a great job, no problems at all, driven 7000 miles since. The service center seems to work with the "Just Fix It" attitude, and we are very happy with our results.
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:41 AM   #1188

In the newer models they reinforced the slide better (changes in sides and bottom plates vs prior years) - as last poster said the full wall slides are the main issue. On the 37Kt the back (large) slide is actually a cable slide. The front 2 slides with the mechanism that caused issue are relatively small and light in comparison.
Bweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #1189

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was looking at the underneath of one of the slides and noticed that the glide plate was installed to the wrong side of the mark made in the factory and the roller was rolling on the wood and not the metal glide plate. I made and installed one in the right location. You can see the wear marks being made on the old one to the left of the one I installed

Old 10-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #1190

Ford Super Duty Owner
New 37kt inventory?

If you recently purchased a 37kt what were the loose items that can with it? I want to inventory all the loose items before we drive out with the new one Monday.
So far my list looks like this:

Sikens four color touch up paint kit
Complete set of manuals
Two complete sets of keys
8 or 9 remote controls?????
front table and leg
drop down bunk ladder
2 pillows
2 shams
1 trash bin
4 chairs
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor