Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #1233

Ford Super Duty Owner
More Mod's Fixes and Upgrades

#12. Had drop down bunk ladder stored behind couch just laying around. Found some 1 inch capacity spring clip broom holders and mounted two of them on wall. Press ladder into clips and one less rattle.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #1234

What is a rapid camp remote and what does it do. I don't have one in my 37GT
okiefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #1235

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiefrank View Post
What is a rapid camp remote and what does it do. I don't have one in my 37GT

What year is your 37GT? I may be wrong, but I think they may have started delivering them in the 2014 (and possibly the 2014.5 model). It is a remote that you can use to lower the jacks, extend the slides, open the awning, and turn on the outside light, within ~50' from the coach.

I find it most useful when extending the slides from the outside where you can see any obstructions, etc.

Ted
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #1236

Ours is a 2013,, as usual day late dollar short..
okiefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:08 AM   #1237

Ford Super Duty Owner

#13. This one was for rodent and big bug entry prevention. Power bay has very big deck plate that leaves lots of open space for critter entry when 50 amp cable is in use. Solution 50 amp cable hatch installed on floor next to deck plate. Did same thing but with two 30 amp cable hatches for city water and tank flush hoses. Since we use Sewer Solutions for dumping I slightly enlarged the existing 50 amp cable hatch to accommodate the dump hose. Now wet bay and power bay are rodent and relatively bug proof. Ants will still be a problem - but maybe someone else can solve that problem. Cost: under $30 and less than one hour.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #1238

Ford Super Duty Owner

#14. With our now higher ceiling DW can't reach knobs to open vents or turn power on/off. I heated 1" PVC and flattened the end. Cut notch to fit knob on Fantastic Fan. Then notched bathroom fan knob to work with the same tool. Original version was just two foot long 1" pipe. Did not like look or feel so I cut off the tool end and fastened it on an old broom handle. Installed 1" broom clip in pantry for tool storage and done. Now she can open or close both vents and turn bath vent on with end of broom handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9140002.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	77028  
Old 10-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #1239

Ford Super Duty Owner

Sorry - picture for #13 didn't make it so I'll try again. If anyone wants pictures of others - just reference the number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9140001.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	77030  
Old 10-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgard01 View Post
I don't think I had a holder, and certainly not one on the wall. Thanks for the picture.

Ted
We don't have a remote or holder with our KT. Was this an option?
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #1241

Carolina Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
#14. With our now higher ceiling DW can't reach knobs to open vents or turn power on/off. I heated 1" PVC and flattened the end. Cut notch to fit knob on Fantastic Fan. Then notched bathroom fan knob to work with the same tool. Original version was just two foot long 1" pipe. Did not like look or feel so I cut off the tool end and fastened it on an old broom handle. Installed 1" broom clip in pantry for tool storage and done. Now she can open or close both vents and turn bath vent on with end of broom handle.

I like this idea, as my wife is just over 5' tall.... I would like to put it on the broom in use vs having another handle around. I guess you just heated it with a touch to flatten it. How did you recommend that I flatten the end and keep it smoth? I assume you cut the notch out after flattening it...

Ted
Old 10-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #1242

Carolina Campers
Thor Challenger Owners Unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
We don't have a remote or holder with our KT. Was this an option?

I don't think it was an option, but they probably started providing it with the 2015 model...

Ted
Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #1243

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
#13. This one was for rodent and big bug entry prevention. Power bay has very big deck plate that leaves lots of open space for critter entry when 50 amp cable is in use. Solution 50 amp cable hatch installed on floor next to deck plate.

I see the picture of the water hose hatch. Could you also provide a picture of the mod for the 50 amp cable as well? How did you cut the hole inti the base plate? Where did you get the hatches from? Did you have to modify the hatch by cutting the hole larger?

If I remember correctly, Don had a custom hatch hole cover that he designed some time ago that was medal and hinged, it would be nice if he could provide a picture and any thoughts about his mod and possible use in these applications?

Ted
Old 10-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #1244

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
This was my mod to remove the preinstalled hose storage pipe under the bay

DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #1245

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I like this idea, as my wife is just over 5' tall.... I would like to put it on the broom in use vs having another handle around. I guess you just heated it with a touch to flatten it. How did you recommend that I flatten the end and keep it smoth? I assume you cut the notch out after flattening it...

Ted
I actually used a heat gun but with patience you can get PVC warm enough to bend and shape using a good hair dryer on HI. Flame of any kind is last resort. When heated enough to bend I put end between two pieces of thin plywood and pressed it in a vise. Notch was cut after heating, bending and cooling enough to touch.
Putting on existing broom handle is even better idea.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #1246

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I see the picture of the water hose hatch. Could you also provide a picture of the mod for the 50 amp cable as well? How did you cut the hole inti the base plate? Where did you get the hatches from? Did you have to modify the hatch by cutting the hole larger?

If I remember correctly, Don had a custom hatch hole cover that he designed some time ago that was medal and hinged, it would be nice if he could provide a picture and any thoughts about his mod and possible use in these applications?

Ted
Pic of 50 amp will have to wait a few days - having camera problems and may need to get a new one.
I used a 3" hole saw to cut thru bottom of wet bay for 30 amp hatches and 3.5" hole saw for power bay 50 amp hatch.
Bought 50 amp hatch from Amazon and 30 amp from Ebay
One hose fit perfectly, another required a small amount of work with a rat tail file. The Sewer Solutions hose required a bit more work due to being so stiff, but still not a big deal.

Tags
lippert, slide, thor