Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #3025

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Looking for interest in a get-to-gether in Creede, Co next summer.
We might be able to make that! Would be fun. Tampa is too far away.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 04:53 PM   #3026

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
We might be able to make that! Would be fun. Tampa is too far away.
Getting people together anywhere in the US - starting with a small group is difficult - SO -
You or anybody else with a Challenger - pick a date, make your reservation at Mountain Views: Mountain Views at Rivers Edge RV Resort - Creede, CO - RV Park Reviews and i will make it happen. Park open 5/1 thru 10/1 and reservations accepted for 2018 starting O/A 1 Jan 2018. Look at http://www.creede.com/ for ideas on best time. Lots of activities to pick from but Memorial, Labor and 4th tend to fill up fast. Looking fwd to meeting Challengers owners anywhere we travel. You can even rent an ATV or use ours in Creede area for a day. If you let me know when your reservations are I will see if I can find a space and get you moved to the resort side.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:36 AM   #3027

bay dor skins

To all other challenger owners, mine is a 2017 LX; one of my bay door skins separated from the frame and peeled back in the wind. It was very expensive to replace and paint. These are only held on by 3/8" double stick tape. upon further inspection, I found that 9 of my doors were starting to peel off in varying degrees. I took them to a dealer to have them secured properly with panel bond adhesive. cheaper than getting them repaired later. check all your bay door skins. I do plan on sending Thor a report on this, unfortunately mine is out of warranty.
sroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #3028

Thor Owners Club
Can you take a picture because I'm not quite sure what you mean by skin. TIA.
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #3029

on the bottom cargo or bay doors, the outside aluminum painted part I call a skin. it is attached to a frame that is attached to a hinge on the motorhome frame. the painted part is bonded together just by double sided tape. mine are separating. if they come apart the skin will bend back in the wind if you are traveling.
sroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:04 PM   #3030

Thor Owners Club
OK. I will have to check mine. Thank you.
TechNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:23 AM   #3031

Inverter reset button

Hi folks, need some help to find the inverter reset button in my 16 KT? It is on the rear wall of the 2nd storage bay on drivers side, but I can't find the reset on the inverter box. Thanks for any help. I'm hoping this is the issue and I haven't fried the inverter. We were recently on 30amp service that I think was bad. Unfortunately my 50amp surge protection doesn't work on 30amp from what I am told. BTW we have just completed an "Epic RV Adventure" touring the good ole USA for 17 months and the Challenger performed so well it exceeded our expectations! Thanks in advance for any help with the inverter reset. Ron
Old 11-15-2017, 05:54 AM   #3032

Thanks for the tip on the bay doors. I checked all of ours and they are tight. Will put that on the ever growing periodic check list. I'm sorry you had one damaged.
BradnKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #3033

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi I'm trying to find the location of the water pump on my 2013 37kt and how to access it. I can here the pump run put it will not prime. the run sound is different then the sound it made before when it worked, so I am assuming it has lost its prime. Any help out there
jclarkfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:10 AM   #3034

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarkfork View Post
Hi I'm trying to find the location of the water pump on my 2013 37kt and how to access it. I can here the pump run put it will not prime. the run sound is different then the sound it made before when it worked, so I am assuming it has lost its prime. Any help out there
Don't know where your's is but on my Challenger 37GT it is behind a panel under one of our lavatory sinks.
RayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #3035

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDK View Post
Don't know where your's is but on my Challenger 37GT it is behind a panel under one of our lavatory sinks.
Thank you found it, have opened that sink cabinet many times and never noticed that panel.. got to luv this group
jclarkfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:34 AM   #3036

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpres View Post
Found signs of water in shower and eventually tracked the source down to kitchen sink. I was able to recreate backup. If both sides of kitchen sink are around half full and both stoppers are removed a lot of sink drain water will backup into shower. Depending on just how level coach is I am sure it could happen with less water in sink. Just thinking about how the plumbing is set up I can't see any way to fix without bigger ID drain pipe between shower and grey tank or installing the Hepvo drain trap mentioned in post #1569. I do not like idea of using Hepvo in shower because with it installed there is no telling where a full and overflowing grey tank would show up. Since we hope to visit factory in spring - I think we will save this problem for them. Maybe by then others will report same problem and the fix will be available
I know I am replying to an old post (I am reading from the beginning).

Our current rig has the dry trap in the shower. A full grey tank still manages to become obvious in the shower pan before anywhere else.
MeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 AM   #3037

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSteve View Post
I know I am replying to an old post (I am reading from the beginning).

Our current rig has the dry trap in the shower. A full grey tank still manages to become obvious in the shower pan before anywhere else.
Thank you for that bit. I have been using a rubber drain plug and really would like a better fix. So the change trap project is back on the do list. In our case it is not just the grey water but the stinky water - REALLY bad smell. Thanks again.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:46 AM   #3038

RV Super Show in Tampa, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn0 View Post
OK. I will have to check mine. Thank you.
Is anyone going in January 2018? I think it starts on the 16th. A group of us met up last year.
PattyP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, slide, thor