Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2015, 06:13 AM   #1

Thor Diesel Club (TDC) v/s Thor Motor Coach Owners Club (TMCOC)

I have noticed that there may be some confusion between the two clubs mentioned above.

The “Thor Diesel Club” (TDC) was formed 5 years ago and was an extension of the Mandalay Travel Club (Four Winds) after Thor Industries purchased Damon and Four Winds brands. The TDC is specific to Class “A” diesel coaches and qualifying models are listed on the TDC WEB site (Home). Thor Motor Coach agreed to sponsor this club and currently it is the only RV club with Thor sponsorship.

The "Thor Motor Coach Owners Club" (TMCOC) was started <2 years ago primarily because the TDC did not allow gas powered coaches to join the TDC. The TMCOC is open to all Thor Class “A”, “B”, and “C” regardless of engine type. At this time the TMCOC is not sponsored by Thor Industries.

Disclaimer posted at the bottom of their WEB page:
ThorForums.com is not in any way associated with Thor Industries or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Thor Industries must approve any additional models to the Thor Diesel Club and at the current time Thor Industries do not want to mix gas and diesel models.

The Thor Diesel Club is a fast growing club with 450 coaches. We have 9 regions that align with the FMCA Regions with Volunteer Member Directors responsible for each region.

The TDC is a very active club with spring and fall rallies plus mini rallies organized at the regional level. For additional information regarding the club please visit our WEB site; Home
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats Jack on your new role as TDC President !!!

I was excited to see on the Website last night we have a regional mini rally coming to LA in April 2016. I am going to email the rally masters, Malcolm and Lydia Smith, and offer to help in any way they may need. The campground is only about 20 minutes from my house.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Clarification,
Jack is correct the Thor Motor Coach Owners Club was formed because the Diesel Club would not allow Gas coaches to join. The TMCOC is not sponsored by Thor Industries but is accepted as a club by Thor Motor Coach. Thor Motor Coach has provided flyers and business cards to assist us in the formation of the club. When forming the club I spoke with management personnel at Thor Motor Coach, and was asked to try and merge both clubs, as they believe it is a good idea to support all Thor Motor Coaches. I spoke with the former president of the TDC and made that attempt. I was told that TDC was young and growing fast and didn't believe they could handle the influx of gas coaches at the time, maybe in a few years. I have continued to try and grow the TMCOC and we are well over 550 members. We are not formal at this point since we don't have officers, but we are working on that. At the 2015 IRV2 rally in Nashville, some of the current members of TMCOC and several Thor owners had a little pot luck and discussed the formation of the club. I'm hoping to attempt another rally next year. We have support and enthusiasm and will succeed. We have members from every type of coach produced by Thor Motor Coach, both Gas and Diesel, class A, & C. I want everyone to be clear, that this is not a rivalry, I support the decision of TDC not to accept gas coaches into their club, nor am I trying to steal their membership. I'm just hoping to have a club that supports the complete Thor Motor Coach family, all are welcome. I would love to see us merge when and if ever TDC sees fit. TMCOC members that are also members of IRV2, support IRV2 whole heartly. I contribute to the rally as the entertainment chair and will continue because I believe in this site. I will continue to try and grow the TMCOC as long as there is interest. Happy and safe travels to all Thor Owners.
rvbunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post

I was excited to see on the Website last night we have a regional mini rally coming to LA in April 2016. I am going to email the rally masters, Malcolm and Lydia Smith, and offer to help in any way they may need. The campground is only about 20 minutes from my house.
Thanks for the well wishes! I am sure that Lydia & Malcolm would welcome the help with the mini rally.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post

Hi Billy,
Finally a rally in Louisiana! We haven't been to Cajun Palms yet, this would be a great chance to check it out! It would be great to see you and Danielle and the kids again!
Who Dat!!
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #6

Congratulations to Jack Arnold on becoming the new TDC President! I think you will do a great job! We will miss Fred, but I am sure he is ready to "retire" after a job well done!
Have a good day!
Karen
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Congratulations to Jack Arnold on becoming the new TDC President! I think you will do a great job! We will miss Fred, but I am sure he is ready to "retire" after a job well done!
Have a good day!
Karen
Thanks Karen & Rick for your kind words! Fred will be missed but lucky for me he will remain in an advisory roll going forward and I have him on speed dial

Fred & Tina did a wonderful job getting the club off the ground and to where we are today and I hope that Karen and I can fill those very big shoes they left behind!

We hope to see you guys at one of our rallies in the near future?

Thanks again and Safe Travels!

Jack
Old 10-26-2015, 07:53 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Hi Billy,
Finally a rally in Louisiana! We haven't been to Cajun Palms yet, this would be a great chance to check it out! It would be great to see you and Danielle and the kids again!
Who Dat!!
Karen
we too are excited about the rally being so close to home. We missed the OK regional rally but won't miss this one. Hope you guys can make it so we can catch up. It sounds like there is a lot of interest in this one and the turn out should be great.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
I have noticed that there may be some confusion between the two clubs mentioned above.

The “Thor Diesel Club” (TDC) was formed 5 years ago and was an extension of the Mandalay Travel Club (Four Winds) after Thor Industries purchased Damon and Four Winds brands. The TDC is specific to Class “A” diesel coaches and qualifying models are listed on the TDC WEB site (Home). Thor Motor Coach agreed to sponsor this club and currently it is the only RV club with Thor sponsorship.

The "Thor Motor Coach Owners Club" (TMCOC) was started <2 years ago primarily because the TDC did not allow gas powered coaches to join the TDC. The TMCOC is open to all Thor Class “A”, “B”, and “C” regardless of engine type. At this time the TMCOC is not sponsored by Thor Industries.

Disclaimer posted at the bottom of their WEB page:
ThorForums.com is not in any way associated with Thor Industries or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Thor Industries must approve any additional models to the Thor Diesel Club and at the current time Thor Industries do not want to mix gas and diesel models.

The Thor Diesel Club is a fast growing club with 450 coaches. We have 9 regions that align with the FMCA Regions with Volunteer Member Directors responsible for each region.

The TDC is a very active club with spring and fall rallies plus mini rallies organized at the regional level. For additional information regarding the club please visit our WEB site; Home
I am reposting this post due to some recent confusion brought to my attention by some of our members.

Several TDC members have related to me that people were asking if the club is up and running yet? This leads me to believe that some are confusing the two clubs again.

As a point of clarification the Thor Diesel Club (TDC) has been in operation for over 5 years and currently have over 500 class A coachs in the club. We have 9 regions with Regional Directors responsible for each region. We have two national rallies (spring & fall) and mini-rallies in each region. For more information about the club please visit our WEB site; Home
Old 12-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
As to the clarification between the Thor Diesel Club and The Thor Motor Coach Owners Club as pointed out by Jack. The TMCOC is an idea of mine to attempt to form a family of Thor owners no matter whether you own Gas or Diesel. This idea came about about two years ago and we currently have 593 members signed up. The formation has been long and a little tough. I tried to hold a forming rally last May in Tampa, but didn't get enough registered. We are going to try and hold a camp out maybe this April. Several members have suggested locations and I hope to get information posted soon. It is tough doing this on my own, but there is an interest by fellow members to help out. I want us to succeed. You can visit our FB page or web site at tmcoc.org. At the IRV2 rallies TMCOC members meet and at the Nashville rally we had a pot luck. Small things are happening so anyone who is a member please be patient. Safe Travels
Old 12-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #11

rvbunz,

My wife and I are looking at the Thor Synergy TT24 but I'm having a difficult time finding an active forum(s) for any of the Thor Sprinter Class C's. I have found plenty of forums for the Winnabego line so I'm wondering if I'm just missing something. If there is an active forum could you guide me to it?

Best regards,
Ed and Robin Lively
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ed and Robin,

And best luck with the Synergy!

As described above, the TMCOC is a still forming/growing RV club for Thor RV's.
For Forums, iRV2 is about the most active there is. For RV owners with a rig like the Synergy, we have:
The Thor Industry Owners Forum (this Forum)
Thor Industries Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums
The Class C Forum
Class C Motorhome Discussions - iRV2 Forums
And the Sprinter chassis Forum:
Sprinter Chassis Forum - iRV2 Forums

Social Knowledge (iRV2's parent) also has a dedicated Thor RV Forum:
Thor Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Ed and Robin,
As stated above the only forums that I'm aware of for Thor coaches is IRV2 and the Thor Forums. As far as the TMCOC, you will be more than welcome to join. My goal is to get this thing running well, and have our web site provide info on rallies, and coaches to name a couple. Your coach will be a diesel, but I'm not sure if you qualify for the TDC. I heard that the TDC is for class A coaches, I'm not sure though.

Safe Travels

Tags
diesel, thor, thor motor coach