Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #1

Thor Does it Again

On my 14mo old serrano the never used air mattress in the hide a bed leaks. An invisible and undetectable leak only with weight on it and NO WARRANTY. One more nail in the coffin for the worst quality control on earth.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #2

I carry an extra single and queen air mattress for that very reason...I know at some point the one provided with the RV will leak and I will leave the grandkids on the frame. I would not pay to replace it I would got to Bass Pro and buy a Colemen off the shelf.
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
IMHO that is NOT a Thor issue but an issue with the company that made the sleeper sofa. Have you contacted the folks who made the sofa sleeper?

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by texnet View Post
IMHO that is NOT a Thor issue but an issue with the company that made the sleeper sofa. Have you contacted the folks who made the sofa sleeper?
yup and thor and extended warranty co. You dont understand ; thor has incredible bad customer service and doesnt want to cover anything!
partial list:
Serrano 31x defects

1. Front End alignment out
2. Front tire out of round
3. Clutch fan hitting under a load
4. Right front hydraulic line leaking
5. Water leak rear wall
6. Front roof ac vibrates motorhome
7. Roof vent raise/lower switch reversed
8. Wood floor at step sinking
9. Recall on mirror seals outside
10. Drivers window hard to open
11. Air bed leaks
12. Floor vents no heat bathroom and bedroom
13. Shower door tract misaligned
14. Passenger front seat cushion collapsed
15. Refrigerator runs off inverter instead of propane
16. Black water valve leaks
17. Black water valve not centered to compartment hole
18. Living room slide tilts, pops, catches and bends outside trim
19. Bedroom slide gear slips
20. Surround sound speakers inop
21. Antennae turning ring cut too short
22. Satellite box mounted not near tv
23. No color on back up camera
24. Dash ac vent inop
25. Driver seat pedestal too high
26. Electric step keeps running
27. Driver seat stitching lower right side needs repair
28. Steering wheel lower plastic coming apart and key sticks in start position
29. Headlights out of adjustment
30. Patio awning sticks up in the air
31. 50 amp cord attachment is inconvenient to plug in
32 toilet too small
Old 02-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #5

So Thor has NO responsibility?

Quote:
So Thor has NO responsibility? We are expected to chase down every sub-manufacturer to try a get satisfaction? Do you do that with your car? No you go to the Ford, Chevy, Volvo, etc. dealer. Only in the RV industry do we see this kind of customer service!
Old 02-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
yup and thor and extended warranty co. You dont understand ; thor has incredible bad customer service and doesnt want to cover anything!
partial list:
Serrano 31x defects

1. Front End alignment out
2. Front tire out of round
3. Clutch fan hitting under a load
4. Right front hydraulic line leaking
5. Water leak rear wall
6. Front roof ac vibrates motorhome
7. Roof vent raise/lower switch reversed
8. Wood floor at step sinking
9. Recall on mirror seals outside
10. Drivers window hard to open
11. Air bed leaks
12. Floor vents no heat bathroom and bedroom
13. Shower door tract misaligned
14. Passenger front seat cushion collapsed
15. Refrigerator runs off inverter instead of propane
16. Black water valve leaks
17. Black water valve not centered to compartment hole
18. Living room slide tilts, pops, catches and bends outside trim
19. Bedroom slide gear slips
20. Surround sound speakers inop
21. Antennae turning ring cut too short
22. Satellite box mounted not near tv
23. No color on back up camera
24. Dash ac vent inop
25. Driver seat pedestal too high
26. Electric step keeps running
27. Driver seat stitching lower right side needs repair
28. Steering wheel lower plastic coming apart and key sticks in start position
29. Headlights out of adjustment
30. Patio awning sticks up in the air
31. 50 amp cord attachment is inconvenient to plug in
32 toilet too small
Looks like your list has both quality issues that need to be fixed and design issues which is just the way it is. Don't like the design, don't buy. A 2011 should still be under warranty and I would take my list to the dealer and not leave until every "quality" issue is fixed. Some items like 50 amp cord attachment is inconvenient to plug in, toilet too small, and Satellite box mounted not near tv are design problems.
buck62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck62 View Post
Looks like your list has both quality issues that need to be fixed and design issues which is just the way it is. Don't like the design, don't buy. A 2011 should still be under warranty and I would take my list to the dealer and not leave until every "quality" issue is fixed. Some items like 50 amp cord attachment is inconvenient to plug in, toilet too small, and Satellite box mounted not near tv are design problems.
the dealer its at has no problem fixing everything on the list. Thor says not covered so its my dime. Absolutely correct about design problems. You know I just flat out missed it where the sat box would go in relation to the tv. This is a small example of the total lack of common sense which was not applied to this motorhome.
Who would look for something like that when purchasing a motorhome? Of course it should be by the TV ; duh ; not on the other end of the motorhome. How many try out the toilet to see if they put in an off size unit? My adventurer had a normal size toilet. Who would put thermostats 4 ft apart? It goes on and on. I showed some things to others and they said no way and laughed in disbelief.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
Sorry for you problems and I do understand... I had a Thor product and the seats started peeling. The coach was out of warranty and I did not expect them to do anything about it but I asked anyway. Since i was not the original owner they turned me down. I contact FlexSteel who made the seats and they worked out a good deal with me on new covers for the seats.

It would NOT hurt for you to contact the company that made the couch... who knows, you might be able to cross one thing off your list.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
So Thor has NO responsibility? We are expected to chase down every sub-manufacturer to try a get satisfaction?
That is NOT what I said... Maybe a call to the company that made the item would help to solve a problem.

If you read all your paperwork I believe you will find that all the components are covered under seperate manufacturers warranties... i.e. chassis, motor, transmission, frig, A/C units and etc....

Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Sorry for you problems and I do understand... I had a Thor product and the seats started peeling. The coach was out of warranty and I did not expect them to do anything about it but I asked anyway. Since i was not the original owner they turned me down. I contact FlexSteel who made the seats and they worked out a good deal with me on new covers for the seats.

It would NOT hurt for you to contact the company that made the couch... who knows, you might be able to cross one thing off your list.
my dealer has fixed several things already and dometic is sending a replacement roof ac. Going to look at a foam mattress after measuring thickness that can fit in. I have an extended warranty and they are fixing things. Still waiting on the no rear heat issue!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #11

found the leak

Went to the dealer and picked up the air mattress. I said might as well look for the leak before I replace it. Sooooo I blew it up and got out spray soapy solution and started spraying. Found the discharge port opposite side of the compressor was the issue. On the cap there is a keeper ring which goes around the male threaded area to keep the cap from getting misplaced. Well this plastic ring was keeping the cap from sealing tight and when removed let the cap go down making a good seal. Tadaa ; leak is gone! Hope this info helps anyone with leaking air mattress.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #12

Thanks for the feedback on the air mattress fix!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
I feel your pain. I've had, and am on my fourth (x4) replacement, blow up mattress. Keep trying, but i suspect you'll get into the same cycle.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post
I feel your pain. I've had, and am on my fourth (x4) replacement, blow up mattress. Keep trying, but i suspect you'll get into the same cycle.
REALLY WONT BE A CYCLE FOR ME. Any other leak and I will get a foam mattress.

Tags
thor