RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #29

Send a message via Skype™ to rccrafters69
We have a 2016 Tuscany 40bxxte that we purchased after we had a 2011 Daybreak. We loved the Daybreak but wanted more room for our grandaughter. One of the reasons we bought the Tuscany was Thor service. On our "inexpensive" Daybreak Thor factory service treated us well and made every little item we wanted corrected to our liking with a smile.

We love the looks, layout, and finish of the Tuscany. We have had issues but Thor factory service took care of them all. I wonder if other companies are as good at their factory service centers. The facility camping area is first class.

Dealers are another issue. The Daybreak was purchased from C.W. and they were worthless. We carefully selected General for the Tuscany and they have been very good.

Would I buy another. Yes it would be another Tuscany.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tuscany home.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	786.8 KB
ID:	183056  

rccrafters69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
There’s another recent thread re Thor you may want to reference -

Thor Motor Coach quality, comments?

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #31

We purchased our Thor Palazzo in March of this year, so far we have not have any major issues with it mostly just minor stuff. We have put in close to 9,000 miles on it. As far as quality goes, you get what you paid for. The Palazzo is the cheapest class A diesel pusher you can get for under 160k brand new, and it has a 10k tow hitch which was a must because our Durango is already 5,700lbs.
BrownDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:07 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownDoggie View Post
We purchased our Thor Palazzo in March of this year, so far we have not have any major issues with it mostly just minor stuff. We have put in close to 9,000 miles on it. As far as quality goes, you get what you paid for. The Palazzo is the cheapest class A diesel pusher you can get for under 160k brand new, and it has a 10k tow hitch which was a must because our Durango is already 5,700lbs.
Which Palazzo did you get?
Old 11-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #33

FWIW
If you going to jump into the deep end of the pool , Diesel Land. I'm going to mention two things that would be a deal breaker for me. #1. I'm 6'1" tall I do not fit in a short RV bed, most of the Palazzos have the short RV bed.#2 If you going to spend that amount of money take a real close look at the floor plans it may seem not a big deal now but after living in a coach for awhile you're gonna ask yourself why didn't I get that coach that had the opposing slides?? The amount of additional living space that provides shouldn't be ignored. It's something to consider now as opposed to 18 months from now and your jaw drops in disbelief when a dealer gives you a trade in figure for your current coach.
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgrace56 View Post
Which Palazzo did you get?
We have the 36.1
BrownDoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #35

Thor has been the best company to deal with on issues with our Venetian T42 that we have experienced in all our years of buying RV'S or boats. We have found that its more likely the dealers then Thor that cause the problems.
revflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #36

In buying a brand new 2013 thor Tuscany 45 lt ,,I will say it was
Very poorly built... definitely not built for the long run..
It was very spacious and pulled out like a circus tent.. but 6 months later
Doors are falling off ..buttons breaking etc..... this coach had no insulation .. it was drafty and we had to set up Costco heaters when driving in the cold... basically toy hauler quality in diesel pusher... I got baited into this on a end of year close out deal... never again... I learned a expensive lesson.
Also dealers de value Thor products more than any other brand ..
I was told that by several dealers when trying to trade it off..
IMO buying a late model quality built higher end coach for the same money would be a wiser decision...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #37
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Toy Hauler quality?
So it had true 4 season insulation, an Extra heavy duty frame to carry large toys like Harley's, Quads, and such, and extra large Tankage for being away from RV parks for long periods.

I scoff at any dealers that say they de-value any brand...means they sell other brands - and don't want to give fair market at trade.

Loose doors and failed switches is quite normal for any new RV. And, TMC RV's have walls, floor and roofs are made of solid insulation carried by a welded metal frame.

If there was any draft in our RV, I would find it and fix it.

Best luck and safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
In buying a brand new 2013 thor Tuscany 45 lt ,,I will say it was
Very poorly built... definitely not built for the long run..
It was very spacious and pulled out like a circus tent.. but 6 months later
Doors are falling off ..buttons breaking etc..... this coach had no insulation .. it was drafty and we had to set up Costco heaters when driving in the cold... basically toy hauler quality in diesel pusher... I got baited into this on a end of year close out deal... never again... I learned a expensive lesson.
Also dealers de value Thor products more than any other brand ..
I was told that by several dealers when trying to trade it off..
IMO buying a late model quality built higher end coach for the same money would be a wiser decision...
I'm sorry to her you have regrets.

I think some of the rv manufacturers sell off of "glitz" and "glitter". They offer new shiny features rather than offering a more robust RV. All RVs break and need maintenance. For this reason, customer support is the greatest thing a manufacturer can offer. As far as drafts go, most manufactures use the 2 inch vacuum bonded walls and in my opinion, that's just not enough regardless of their phony freezer tests.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Toy Hauler quality?
So it had true 4 season insulation, an Extra heavy duty frame to carry large toys like Harley's, Quads, and such, and extra large Tankage for being away from RV parks for long periods.

I scoff at any dealers that say they de-value any brand...means they sell other brands - and don't want to give fair market at trade.

Loose doors and failed switches is quite normal for any new RV. And, TMC RV's have walls, floor and roofs are made of solid insulation carried by a welded metal frame.

If there was any draft in our RV, I would find it and fix it.

Best luck and safe travels
The metal also transmits heat and cold. That means every 16 or 24 inches(depending on how it's built), you have nearly zero insulation. You can see this in the mornings when dew is on the side of the rigs. Most of the floors are even worst. They're insulated with bubble wrap and a black paper that they call a vapor block.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #40

We’ve had our Hurricane 37M for 9months. Aside from the usual factory quality issues we love it. Great floor plan!
kevinyeamans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:28 AM   #41

My most important quality standard is whether a coach can get me to my destination and back without issue. A loose screw on a cabinet door hinge is pretty far down the list. My two previous Winnebago's failed this primary function. One was a C and the other a Journey DP.

My 2015 ACE 29.3 has always met the challenge. Including a real "shake down" trip to Bodie, CA. If you have ever gone there you will understand. 17K miles so far, never been to a dealer since it was driven off the lot.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:55 AM   #42

Hurricane 29M

We've had our 2017 Hurricane for 17 months, 7000 miles. It gets decent MPG, maintenance service is cheap and quick, as mentioned before we had a few issues in the beginning but THOR took care of all of them. When we buy our next one, it will be a THOR!

GRUBBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes, thor